Re: U.S. foreign policy question?

  • Salvatore F. Alioto
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 1, 2008
      Sue,

      As usual, you are the "BOMB".

      I love it when you get going.

      Sal

      ************ Discreetly Addressing Your Private Needs ************

      Salvatore F. Alioto

      Owner/Operator Able Shamus Investigations

      Retired Sergeant NY City Police Department

      Licensed by the NY State Department of State

      Private Investigation License # 11000101082

      Armed Security License # 10010514064

      Notary Public Commission # 01AL6083412

      Proudly Serving the NY State Hudson Valley / NY City Metro / Long Island
      Regions

      Phone # (845) 656-4027

      Fax # (845) 226-3629

      Website - http://sfapi.tripod.com/ <http://sfapi.tripod.com/>

      > Dearest Mr. de LA CUETARA:
      >
      > For starters I will emphasize the fact that this is the WRONG forum
      for this
      > inquiry and I'm very upset that it was allowed to post. However, since
      you
      > asked, I will take the time to answer while stating unequivocally that
      you
      > are the dumbest attorney on the planet if you truly do not know the
      answers.

      > 1) Yes, America has two kinds of United States citizenships; a)
      birthright
      > b) naturalization
      >
      > All citizens of the United State of America have the same rights and
      > privileges and most of those rights and privileges are also extended
      to lawful
      > visitors. I cannot help it if you misunderstand the premise.
      >
      > The Commonwealth of Puerto Rico is a self-governing, unincorporated
      > territory of the United States. They are a possession and not a state
      because that
      > is what the taxpaying voters of PUERTO RIO voted for. The citizens of
      PR
      > repeatedly vote down Statehood. Puerto Rico has a republican form of
      government
      > which is headed by your Governor. You have your courts. You have your
      > bicameral legislative assembly similar to ours. If you feel that you
      are ruled by
      > some form of slavery laws, take it up with your legislature. If it is
      true,
      > Americans will rally in your defense as we ALWAYS do. Complain to your
      > political parties, i.e., the PNP, the PPD, or the PPR. This forum
      cannot help you.

      > By the way, I thought Puerto Ricans could vote in our primaries. Did
      you
      > not have such an opportunity? That's more privilege than our other
      POSSESSION
      > get.
      >
      > 1b) Any human being who dies as part of our military defending the
      United
      > States of America will have a coffin draped in an American flag
      regardless of
      > where they are from.
      >
      > 2) We do not have the AMIGO system as most latino regions do. El
      payola is
      > against the law. The American Embassies and consulates throughout the
      world
      > provide a list of local attorneys as a common courtesy to their
      citizens. If
      > you believe that your name is being omitted for failure to pay "el
      payola"
      > or that others are there because they did pay "el payola" then protest
      to your
      > Congressional Rep and if that doesn't work, write to the United States
      > Ambassador directly.
      >
      > It is my understanding and belief that the Consulate will list anyone
      who so
      > requests as long as they speak fluent English.
      >
      > 3. The United States Department of States cannot make any
      recommendations
      > whether for legal service or simple service of process. Also, in this
      day
      > and age, most people are readily adept at Internet searching. If
      anyone is
      > suggesting (without recommendation) any particular service provider,
      that is
      > against the law and should be reported.
      >
      > If you want to vote in our elections, apply for US citizenship. If you
      want
      > preferential treatment on the attorney referral list, apply for US
      > citizenship as their names are listed first.
      >

      > Sincerely yours,
      > Sue
      > ________________________
      > Sue Sarkis
      > Sarkis Detective Agency
      >
      > (est. 1976)
      > PI 6564
      >
      > 1346 Ethel Street
      > Glendale, CA 91207-1826
      > 818-242-2505
      > 818-246-3001 FAX
      >
      > "one Nation under God"

      thank
      > a military veteran
      >

      > **************Looking for a car that's sporty, fun and fits in your
      budget?
      > Read reviews on AOL Autos.

      (http://autos.aol.com/cars-BMW-128-2008/expert-review?ncid=aolaut0005000\
      0000017 )

    • Glad4JC@aol.com
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 1, 2008
        I came in at the tail end of this discussion but something comes to mind.
        What do we REALLY know about what is going on in Afghanistan or Iraq or
        anywhere other than our own back yard. We cannot believe the media, they slant,
        evade, shade and at times block the truth in so many situations. The media
        takes on a life of its own and becomes its own news often with blatant
        disregard for the facts. Focus is on speculation, interest groups, sensationalism and
        so on.

        Having said that, how can we really evaluate our success or failure in these
        countries where we have invested our soldiers, money and safety. Toby Keith
        said something on Glenn Beck tonight that hit me, "if you are going to base
        your opinion about who to vote for on a singer then shame on you" my
        paraphrase.

        Last night he said how can we judge what is going on in these countries, it
        is the military that is the best judge of what is going on. First of all why
        are these reservists redeploying for two and three tours when they could make
        a whole lot more money at home at their careers. They are seeing results of
        their sacrifice, not all of them are involuntary redeployments.

        I hate war, as most of us do, soldiers most of all. Our military is doing
        much more than war over in these countries, they are involved in all kinds of
        works of compassion, education, training, intelligence etc.

        I would have liked it better if Congress had declared war, as the
        constitution stipulates as far as my understanding goes. I would have liked it better
        if George Sr had finshed off Sadaam Hussain the first time. I would also
        have liked it better if we would have gone after Saudi Arabia where 11 of the
        Hijackers were from and where Osama Bin Laden is from. I do believe that Yemen
        needs to be dealt with too, since women are dying over there because of
        crimes against humanity, such as being killed by their own brothers due to loss
        of honor after being raped. Any country who sews up women's body parts and
        commits inhumane crimes against a people group like in Sudan needs to be set
        free from the evil government.

        There is a lot we could be doing but we cannot save the world, we have a
        huge deficit and we are in debt to countries we don't need to be in debt too, we
        should be lenders not debtors, that is going to cost us our freedom after we
        have spent all this time and money trying to help others achieve freedom.

        I think there is a balance here, either extreme view is not going to solve
        anything. I just watched a very long commercial about saving the polar bear
        because of global warming, asking for money. Yet we are killing babies like
        crazy every day.

        We are a society full of contradictions.

        One thing I do want to say is that I don't think it is proper for anyone to
        start posting what you shared with someone in private communication. Those
        phone calls were private and should stay private.

        I personally do NOT agree with everything Sue says, but what I do respect is
        that she is willing to listen, take phone calls with all her physical
        challenges, her work load and she is not afraid to let controversial subjects go
        through as a moderator. I think it is ok to disagree but Sue as well as all of
        us should be respectful, and keep the dialogue friendly. We all have
        political ideals some of which get shattered at different points in life, but I
        think we all love our country, that is one thing I see in this industry is a lot
        of patriotism.

        JMHO
        Gladys

        Gladys Brierley
        ACCURATE INVESTIGATIONS
        PO Box 872
        Newton, MS 39345
        cell 601-480-3181
        bus & fax 601-683-2094
        Newton County Business License #1499
        Duns # 8082376
        _ACCURATE INVESTIGATIONS | PROFESSIONAL PRIVATE INVESTIGATIONS_
        (http://www.accurateinvestigation.com/)

        Read reviews on AOL Autos.