Does anyone know the frequency range to GPS devices?

  • Darren L. Epstein, PI
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 14 6:39 AM
      Good morning group...

      I have a client who needs a vehicle run to locate a possible GPS
      tracking device. It's not a GM vehicle so I am not worried about
      running into OnStar. I have done some research and see that GPS runs
      at a GPS Frequency of 1575.42 MHz (1.5GHz), however there must be a
      range.

      Does anyone know the frequency range to GPS devices? Also if the
      device is turned off...I would assume it can't be located. I know I
      could use a Non-Linear Junction Detector like the Orion, however I feel
      that is over kill. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

      Thanks

      Darren