Re: [infoguys-list] Re: A "Senior Moment"

  • fjgrande@sbcglobal.net
    Message 1 of 29 , Jun 9, 2008
      I am in total awe.

      Frank M. Grande CheckMate Investigations LLC
      P.O. Box 825
      Bethel, CT 06801
      Office: 203.743.6455
      Fax:  203.778.2415
      Toll: 877.743.6455
      Email info@...
      Web: www.checkmate-investigations.net
      CT Lic. #A-2192,
      NCISS, NAIS, CALPI
      When there are no more moves, CHECKMATE!
      WE ARE YOUR LAST
      MOVE!

      From: "bella_mafia@..." <emmylousings@...>

      Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2008 09:01:35
      To:infoguys-list@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [infoguys-list] Re: A "Senior Moment"

      I think in this case it was a legitimate ''senior moment''. Unless you are a senior, and have experienced the  onset of ''senior moments'', I think it would be difficult to imagine what it would be like, to suddenly reach for a common word within your usual vocabulary, and it not "be there''. Or, to have your thoughts suddenly ''go adrift'' when you are on your way to the checkout counter in a store, and suddenly find yourself outside the store! Once I was on my way to the checkout counter in a store, and saw a clerk on my way, and stopped to inquire about an item they might have in stock. By the time I had finished talking to the clerk, I walked straight out the door of the store, totally forgetting to stop at checkout. I realized my mistake immediately out the front door, and reentered the store and explained to the cashier that I had forgotten to pay for the item, and payed. She just looked real doubtful and sour, but did not reply. I was
      mortified. Senior moments occur frequently, when we are in our own homes as well. We forget what task we were doing before being interupted, for example, and go on and begin doing something else. Senior moments are embarrassing, a pain in the neck, and sometimes downright scary! ....The guy who posted that perhaps it was only a ''convenient excuse'', for a 79 year old man, will probably have his day of senior moments just like the rest of us. ''Judge not, lest ye be judged''.

      Linda Smith

      Bella Mafia