Re: [infoguys-list] A "Senior Moment"

  • akamscluso@aol.com
    Message 1 of 29 , Jun 8 1:30 PM
      HI

      My favorite senior moment (and Im not yet quite a senior).I couldn't find my
      cell phone, so I called the number to see if I could hear where I might have
      placed it. Turns out it was in my car which Robert had taken to go get gas.
      Seeing on the caller ID it was me he picks up the phone and says Hello. Here's
      the senior moment part. I say to him, I can't find my cell, so if you see
      it anywhere in the car, let me know. He laughs and says sure will, honey. It
      wasn't til after I got t off the phone did I realize what a stupid thing I just
      did. Bless Robert's heaart, he just smiled a Sh*&^T eating grin, when he
      handed me my phone and said...The phone was in the car, dear. And nothing else
      was ever said about it.

      Sherry Howard
      Howard & Assoc
      pi#19910

      Tyler Florence" on AOL Food.

    • Ricky Gurley
      Message 2 of 29 , Jun 8 2:19 PM

        > Take a look around at the nation about you. Then think about your
        very
        > liberal attitude
        > and that of the deputy sheriff you spoke with. You wonder why crime
        has
        > gone amok?
        > I don't; it's quite obvious.

        We are probably hopelessly divided here... Here is one opinion from
        the board that this post came from:

        Law enforcement used to use their resources a little more wisely.
        There weren't near as many prosecutions for dumb ###### back then. You
        got in trouble and the sheriff would generally visit your parents and
        scare you into not doing that ######, whatever it was, again. Case closed.

        I think that prosecuting the cherry pie thief is just another sign of
        the times of a punitive, law and order society, that has gotten out of
        hand.
        http://board.columbiatribune.com/index.php?showtopic=6359&pid=70350&st=0&#entry70350

        And that board has about an equal amount of opinions on both sides.. I
        think it is a fair representation of how society is divided about
        issues like this one.

        I suppose on some things I have a liberal attitude and on others I
        have a conservative attitude.. But.. Those are political terms, and
        I'd at least like to believe that I am not a "political person".. I'd
        prefer to say that on some things I think common sense should be
        exercised and other things require a certain harshness..

        Here, in Missouri he'd get a fine of approximately $200.00, and he'd
        have to pay $72.00 in court costs and he'd have to pay double the cost
        for the pie; a grand total of $282.00; assuming this would be charged
        as an infraction (which in this case or any case like it, it would;
        due to the difficulty in proving intent). That would not even pay for
        two hours of a decent attorney's time, or mine for that matter..
        Summing up the average yearly income for a Prosecutor and pulling that
        down to an hourly figure, that is less than 20 hours of a Prosecutor's
        time. A Prosecutor will spend about 20 hours, maybe a little less on
        this case.. What about the filing fees? What about the processing
        expense? What about the housing expense at the jail; if even for 10
        hours? Now, since we are multiplying, multiply that cost by 10,000,
        which is a tiny figure when we consider some over-populated places
        like Los Angeles, or New York City..

        Missouri Revised Statutes
        Chapter 560
        Fines
        Section 560.016

        Fines for misdemeanors and infractions.

        560.016. 1. Except as otherwise provided for an offense outside this
        code, a person who has been convicted of a misdemeanor or infraction
        may be sentenced to pay a fine which does not exceed:

        (1) For a class A misdemeanor, one thousand dollars;

        (2) For a class B misdemeanor, five hundred dollars;

        (3) For a class C misdemeanor, three hundred dollars;

        (4) For an infraction, two hundred dollars.

        2. In lieu of a fine imposed under subsection 1, a person who has been
        convicted of a misdemeanor or infraction through which he derived
        "gain" as defined in section 560.011, may be sentenced to a fine which
        does not exceed double the amount of gain from the commission of the
        offense. An individual offender may be fined not more than twenty
        thousand dollars under this provision.

        To me, because I can do basic math, it just seems like it is common
        sense that these cases are "losing propositions" for EVERYONE...

        Rick.

        RMRI, Inc.
        http://rmriinc.bestcyberinvestigator.com
      • David O'Niell
        Message 3 of 29 , Jun 8 2:38 PM
          I think it's fairly common that when someone begins to suffer from dementia they do
          things like this--

          --- In infoguys-list@yahoogroups.com, "Ricky Gurley" <rmriinc@...> wrote:

          > Here is a post that came up on a board that I participate on, and I
          > thought it was pretty interesting:
          >

          > When senior citizens break the law with minor infractions, should they
          > be held accountable and punished like the rest of us or should they be
          > treated differently?
          >
          > I'm posting this because I came across a story where a 79 year old man
          > was accused of stealing and thrown in jail. The reader comments caught
          > my attention because the story sparked a controversy about how senior
          > citizens should be treated in similar situations.
          >
          > Some people demanded that the elderly man should have been released
          > and not harassed. Others claim that he was using his age as an excuse
          > to shoplift.
          >
          > What do you all think? Honest mistake or perfect alibi?
          >

          > QUOTE
          -
          > LAKE WORTH - An elderly Palm Beach County man says he forgot to pay
          > for the pie that sent him to jail for 10 hours.
          >
          > Authorities say 79-year-old George Schwartz didn't pay for a $5.29
          > apple pie at a Publix near Lake Worth in April. He was taken to jail
          > and charged with retail theft, a misdemeanor punishable by 60 days in
          > jail.
          >
          > His lawyer said Thursday that the cashier who bagged the groceries
          > that day also didn't notice the pie left in the basket. Schwartz paid
          > for the rest of his groceries.
          >
          > His attorney adds that they are trying to get the case dropped.
          > Otherwise, they could go to trial in June.
          >
          > Managers at that Publix say in a police report that he has shoplifted
          > before. But Schwartz says he has short-term memory problems and calls
          > the latest incident a misunderstanding.
          >
          > Full Story:
          > http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sfl-530pie,0,2371195.story
          >
          > Story COMMENTS here:
          > http://www.topix.net/forum/source/south-fl...EASAK4QEEUVLLJU
          >

          > Any thoughts?
          >

          > Rick.

        • Tom Eskridge
          Message 4 of 29 , Jun 8 3:20 PM
            It is also possible that the victim demanded and made a citizens arrest.
            Then with priors, the cop had a felon and had no real choice. With all the
            facts not in evidence, there is a lot of assuming going on!

            For those not educated in the area, at least in California, it is a criminal
            offense for a cop to refuse a citizens arrest, assuming there is any degree
            of reasonableness to the arrest.

            This is without even opening the argument that cops should be able to decide
            which criminal offenses are worth their effort. This is fine..until YOU'RE
            the victim..

            Tom Eskridge

            Chief Operations Officer

            High Tech Crime Institute

            13400 Wright Cir

            Tampa FL 33626

            866-279-6295/813-854-2223

            Retired Redondo Beach CA PD Lieutenant

            Service Disabled Veteran Owned Business

            _____

            Message 5 of 29 , Jun 8 3:39 PM
              Rick -

              For starters, what caused the arrest? Was it the store owner or manager?
              If so, the police had no choice. However, even they (store owner/manager)
              should be using common sense.

              The opinion from the board it posted from is ridiculous, to say the least,
              and not only not in touch with the case at hand but not in touch with the
              times.

              For starters, I doubt that this 79 year old man had parents to be taken to
              by the LEO's. That is how juveniles are usually handled, even today.
              However, since corporal punishment by parents is a felony in many states, even that
              doesn't work like it used to. Spare the rod; spoil the child !!!

              As I said before, in THIS case the prosecution seems a little ridiculous
              even with a prior because they will have a very hard time trying to prove intent
              which I believe we agree on.

              However, the opinion presented about the prosecutions having gotten out of
              hand is true. However, the fault does not lie with the LEO's or the
              prosecutors but rather with the leftist, give me something for nothing general public
              who would sue the shit out of the LEOs/prosecutors for failing to enforce the
              law should he then have thrown the pie in someone's face or some other absurd
              modern day tortious act.

              It is absolutely insane that a law has to be put on the books in all 50
              states protecting homeowners from civil litigation from a residential burglar
              getting injured while fleeing the home because he's being chased by a watch dog.
              However, juries have awarded large judgments for such thieves and that is
              all because of the leftist mentality. No two ways about it. Call it
              political if you care to; I call it asinine.

              By the way, perhaps Missouri might increase their criminal penalties to come
              into touch with the times. Prosecuting for what might appear to be trivial
              violations of the law are done for recidivism and deterrence purposes.
              Lawbreakers are lawbreakers. However, I don't think the cherry pie man is.

              ________________________

              818-246-3001 FAX

              "one Nation under God"

              a military veteran

              Tyler Florence" on AOL Food.

            • Ricky Gurley
              Message 6 of 29 , Jun 8 4:14 PM

                > Rick -
                Prosecuting for what might appear to be trivial
                > violations of the law are done for recidivism and deterrence
                purposes.
                > Lawbreakers are lawbreakers. However, I don't think the cherry pie
                man is.

                Now see, here is where you are the "liberal" and I am the
                "conservative"... I see nothing wrong with a "good old fashioned
                Singaporian caning" for the TRUE thief that has no regard for someone
                else's property.. Wanna decrease recidivism and deter such behavior?
                Take the offender to the court house, draw a crowd and take some skin
                off of his ass! Had this happened to me, I am sure that I would not
                have gotten in as much trouble as I did when I was a younger man.. Now
                I am not saying this is applicable in the situation we are discussing
                here, but for the purpose of deterring crime, it IS applicable.

                And, while I am at it.. The castle doctrine is a VERY fine thing.. It
                should be even more liberal than what it is.. This would make the "bad
                guys" think a little more about invading someone's home..

                I have no problem with a strict enforcement code, as long as it is
                being enforced against the guilty, and not the "maybe guilty".

                And Thomas Eskridge. just as sure as it would be fine until I am the
                victim remember this; there is absolutely NOTHING bad at all about a
                Police State, if you are the Police......

                Message 7 of 29 , Jun 8 5:52 PM
                  I have no problem with a strict enforcement code, as long as it is
                  being enforced against the guilty, and not the "maybe guilty".

                  Rick, I see you drank the Kool Aid..As OJ Simpson is "not guilty" of the
                  crime of double homicide, he obviously should have never been arrested. So
                  if "only the guilty" are arrested, there is really no good reason to have a
                  prosecution. Street justice.I love the idea...

                  http://rmriinc. <http://rmriinc.bestcyberinvestigator.com>

                  Message 8 of 29 , Jun 8 6:53 PM
                    --- In infoguys-list@yahoogroups.com, "Tom Eskridge" <TOM@...> wrote:

                    > Rick, I see you drank the Kool Aid..As OJ Simpson is "not guilty" of the
                    > crime of double homicide, he obviously should have never been
                    arrested. So
                    > if "only the guilty" are arrested, there is really no good reason to
                    have a
                    > prosecution. Street justice.I love the idea...

                    From the looks of your post you should get some Kool Aid Tom; so
                    you'll have a way to swallow your meds...

                    An arrest and/or the incarceration of a person is not a punishment,
                    that is why a person is free to make bail in most cases before the
                    trial.... Because they are innocent until proven guilty... My point
                    here is that I have no problem with a strict enforcement of the law,
                    as long as the person it is being applied to has been granted due
                    process, has been to court, and is proven guilty and convicted...

                    And OJ Simpson is NOT guilty of the crime of double homicide according
                    to the Judicial Standards that YOU swore to uphold when you were a
                    Police Officer; Tom! He was never PROVEN guilty of the crime in a
                    court of law... Let me ask you something Tom, why is it when there is
                    a possibility that an innocent man went to prison for a murder he did
                    not commit, the common saying is that "The Jury did their job and this
                    was their verdict, and that is good enough for me", but when someone
                    you perceive as guilty is acquitted you are not so willing to use the
                    same line of thought?

                    Rick.

                    RMRI, Inc.
                    http://rmriinc.bestcyberinvestigator.com
                  • Salvatore F. Alioto
                    Message 9 of 29 , Jun 8 7:10 PM
                      In New York, in a shoplifting situation if the store manager insists on
                      it the police officer is obligated to make an arrest, however, once
                      arrested there are processing option which would have had the elderly
                      gentleman released in a little over an hour. He would be fingerprinted,
                      photographed and issued a summons to appear in court on a specified date
                      to answer the charges before a judge. I don't know why it took 10 hours
                      to process this man. Things must be very different in Florida law
                      enforcement.

                      Sal

                      ************ Discreetly Addressing Your Private Needs ************

                      Salvatore F. Alioto

                      Owner/Operator Able Shamus Investigations

                      Retired Sergeant NY City Police Department

                      Licensed by the NY State Department of State

                      Private Investigation License # 11000101082

                      Armed Security License # 10010514064

                      Notary Public Commission # 01AL6083412

                      Proudly Serving the NY State Hudson Valley / NY City Metro / Long Island
                      Regions

                      Phone # (845) 656-4027

                      Fax # (845) 226-3629

                      Website - http://sfapi.tripod.com/ <http://sfapi.tripod.com/>

                      Message 10 of 29 , Jun 8 11:16 PM
                        In a message dated 6/8/2008 7:26:25 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
                        sfapi59@... writes:

                        I don't know why it took 10 hours
                        to process this man. Things must be very different in Florida law
                        enforcement.

                        Sal -

                        I agree with your sentiment. However, depending upon where someone is
                        booked here in Los Angeles County, it could take anywhere from an hour to 48
                        hours. Los Angeles County jail is the largest jail in the world and trust me when
                        I say, those civil service employees do as little as they can for as long as
                        they can.

                        With the inmate population being static through the years, I used to be able
                        to get an inmate released within 2 hours on bond at CJ. Now with all their
                        fancy, expensive computers and such it is a minimum of 10 hours and that is
                        only if you are very, very lucky.

                        ________________________

                        818-246-3001 FAX

                        "one Nation under God"

                        a military veteran

                        Tyler Florence" on AOL Food.

                        Message 11 of 29 , Jun 8 11:45 PM
                          In a message dated 6/8/2008 4:14:45 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
                          rmriinc@... writes:

                          Now see, here is where you are the "liberal" and I am the
                          "conservative""conservative"<WBR>... I see nothing wrong with a "goo
                          Singaporian caning" for the TRUE thief that has no regard for someone
                          else's property.. Wanna decrease recidivism and deter such behavior?
                          Take the offender to the court house, draw a crowd and take some skin
                          off of his ass!

                          Rick -

                          Here you go again. How can you possibly construe from anything you have
                          EVER heard me say that could remotely make you think that I am a LIBERAL or
                          that I would be against caning. When Bill Clinton asked for leniency for
                          MISSOURI born and raised Michael Fay[e], I personally sent a Telex to Ong Teng
                          Cheong (????) begging that he ignore the leniency request from Mr. Liberal
                          himself. I've been to Singapore a couple of times and you can eat off their
                          sidewalks they are so clean.

                          Shoot, you get caned in Singapore for chewing gum which is outlawed. If you
                          ever travel there, don't even think of having any in your pocket.

                          The next time you refer to me with that ugly "L" word you'll get a lot more
                          than a caning.

                          Sincerely,

                          Tyler Florence" on AOL Food.

                        • Tom Eskridge
                          Message 12 of 29 , Jun 9 3:54 AM
                            Rick

                            What in my post makes you think I have a problem with OJ? Its' not like he's
                            out killing 7-11 clerks.

                            I was simply pointing out a high profile case, where a man sat in county
                            jail for 2 years, was found not guilty and was released from jail. Under
                            your prior post this proved that he should not have even been arrested as he
                            was "probably guilty" and not in fact guilty. Or in this case he was deemed
                            not guilty.

                            I was just pointing out how foolish your post was. How is the first
                            responder cop to know if his/her witnesses have a grudge? Witnesses lie,
                            exaggerate and make honest mistakes. How many people have you interviewed
                            who claimed they saw an accident, and you determined that what they saw was
                            the aftermath of the accident when they turned at the sound of the collision
                            and saw cars spinning about. But in their minds they saw the "accident".

                            And again in this post, you demand that the person has to be found "guilty"
                            in order to justify "strict enforcement of the law".How the heck do you do
                            this. And as no one can guarantee a conviction at the point of arrest, then
                            I guess no one should ever be arrested.

                            Tom Eskridge

                            Chief Operations Officer

                            High Tech Crime Institute

                            13400 Wright Cir

                            Tampa FL 33626

                            866-279-6295/813-854-2223

                            Retired Redondo Beach CA PD Lieutenant

                            Service Disabled Veteran Owned Business

                            _____

                            > Rick, I see you drank the Kool Aid..As OJ Simpson is "not guilty" of the
                            > crime of double homicide, he obviously should have never been
                            arrested. So
                            > if "only the guilty" are arrested, there is really no good reason to
                            have a
                            > prosecution. Street justice.I love the idea...

                            From the looks of your post you should get some Kool Aid Tom; so

                          • Glad4JC@aol.com
                            Message 13 of 29 , Jun 9 4:08 AM
                              OK Sue & Rick, get back into your corners and get some pep talk from the
                              trainer....remember to use the cut guy, and for goodness sake don't forget the
                              vaseline....

                              Gladys Brierley
                              ACCURATE INVESTIGATIONS
                              PO Box 872
                              Newton, MS 39345
                              cell 601-480-3181
                              bus & fax 601-683-2094
                              Newton County Business License #1499
                              Duns # 8082376
                              _ACCURATE INVESTIGATIONS | PROFESSIONAL PRIVATE INVESTIGATIONS_
                              (http://www.accurateinvestigation.com/)

                              Member ACI, MPIA, APIA, NAIS
                              _MississippiPrivateInvestigators : MISSISSIPPI PRIVATE INVESTIGATORS_
                              (http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/MississippiPrivateInvestigators/)
                              _ProfessionalInvestigators : PROFESSIONAL INVESTIGATORS_
                              (http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/ProfessionalInvestigators/?yguid=8099974)

                              Tyler Florence" on AOL Food.

                            • Ricky Gurley
                              Message 14 of 29 , Jun 9 4:49 AM
                                --- In infoguys-list@yahoogroups.com, Glad4JC@... wrote:

                                > OK Sue & Rick, get back into your corners and get some pep talk
                                from the
                                > trainer....remember to use the cut guy, and for goodness sake don't
                                forget the
                                > vaseline....

                                Gladys, you are too late.. I think Sue and I have dispensed with the
                                debate and found common ground... We both seem to agree on harsher
                                punishment for offenders..

                                Message 15 of 29 , Jun 9 4:58 AM
                                  --- In infoguys-list@yahoogroups.com, "Tom Eskridge" <TOM@...> wrote:

                                  > And again in this post, you demand that the person has to be found
                                  "guilty"
                                  > in order to justify "strict enforcement of the law".How the heck do
                                  you do
                                  > this. And as no one can guarantee a conviction at the point of
                                  arrest, then
                                  > I guess no one should ever be arrested.

                                  You're "playing games"... The fact is, that arrest and and detainment
                                  until a person can go to trial and defend their self against charges
                                  is not a punishment... At least that is the Judicial System's view...
                                  The fact is that in most cases (barring capitol cases), a person has
                                  an opportunity to make bail and get out of jail, if they are
                                  incarcerated before they go to trial. So, yes I agree with a strict
                                  code of enforcement after a trial has been had and the person is found
                                  to be guilty in a court of law. What is so hard to understand about
                                  that, Tom?

                                  Do you not understand the phrase "innocent until proven guilty"? Is
                                  this a new concept for you? Law Enforcement has to do it's job. They
                                  have to patrol for and investigate crime. In doing so, if they find
                                  there is evidence that a crime has been committed they are obligated
                                  to take action. I see nothing wrong with giving Law Enforcement some
                                  discretion on minor crimes, like criminal infractions. However, there
                                  is CERTAINLY a need to give arrest power to Law Enforcement, and
                                  certainly a need to insure the appearance of the defendant once he has
                                  been arrested and charged. Again, this is not punishment. Is it
                                  inconvenient for the person that is not guilty (after he goes to court
                                  and proves it, Tom)? YES! Is being arrested and jailed pleasant? NO!
                                  But these are part of a necessary process in order to hold criminals
                                  accountable for the crimes they commit. Still, after all of that, it
                                  is NOT punishment, at that point in time before trial no Judgment has
                                  been passed, and the defendant, in most cases is given an opportunity
                                  to free himself and return to his everyday life until he can go to trial.

                                  Ideally, the THIEF would be arrested for theft, booked, and then
                                  incarcerated until he could make bail. This is not a punishment
                                  (AGAIN, Tom). And then he would go to trial, and if he is found not
                                  guilty, then he would go home, and if he is found guilty, then he
                                  would be taken to the courthouse steps with a crowd in tow, tied to a
                                  post, have his pants pulled down, have his ass bared to the crowd, and
                                  have someone take some skin off of his ass, given the proper medical
                                  treatment if it is needed, and allowed to recuperate in the county
                                  jail, and then sent home (Ohh, and by the way Tom, NOW that's
                                  punishment). In the case of heinous crimes (murder, rape, child
                                  molestation), keep the pants up and use bullets LIBERALLY! That is
                                  what I personally believe would be an effective deterrent to some of
                                  the STUPID crimes we are seeing these days.

                                  And Sue, my sincerest apologies.. I had heard that the word "Liberal"
                                  was a bad word and many people have great disdain towards being
                                  referred to as that, but I never knew it was that bad.. I promise to
                                  never call you the "L" word again. ;o)

                                  I think you are either trying to play semantic games, or you have lost
                                  your perspective on the sequence of events that occur from arrest to
                                  conviction or exoneration (whichever is the case) in a criminal case; Tom.

                                  Rick.

                                  RMRI, Inc.
                                  http://rmriinc.bestcyberinvestigator.com
                                • Gary Krisulevicz
                                  Message 16 of 29 , Jun 9 5:09 AM
                                    All I can say is thank god for the ability for multiple message deletes on this thing. Wow.....
                                    -Gary
                                    www.bartletagency.com

                                    Message 17 of 29 , Jun 9 5:15 AM
                                      Dearest Rick

                                      Perhaps I am playing with semantics..or perhaps your confused between the
                                      "strict enforcement of the law" and punishment. You seem to be melding them
                                      together. The cops are charged with the "enforcement of the law". Whether
                                      that enforcement is "strict", "liberal", "petty", or whatever else is in the
                                      eye of the beholder.

                                      The prosecutor is charged with prosecuting those cases in a manner that is
                                      acceptable to the community and the court is charged with applying laws and
                                      then punishment where appropriate. ( I took this directly from the opening
                                      of Law and Order)

                                      For some reason (and I'm not saying it's a bad reason) you seem to think
                                      that the "strict enforcement of the law" only applies post a proper
                                      conviction.

                                      I do not need an ethics lesson from you. In fact I agree with most if not
                                      all of your statements. As you sometimes do, you have spun off from your
                                      initial post, where I pointed out the weaknesses in your belief that only
                                      the truly guilty should face "strict enforcement of the law". As the cops
                                      enforce the law, again I ask, how is this accomplished?

                                      Message 18 of 29 , Jun 9 8:48 AM
                                        --- In infoguys-list@yahoogroups.com, "Tom Eskridge" <TOM@...> wrote:

                                        > I do not need an ethics lesson from you. In fact I agree with most
                                        if not
                                        > all of your statements. As you sometimes do, you have spun off from your
                                        > initial post, where I pointed out the weaknesses in your belief that
                                        only
                                        > the truly guilty should face "strict enforcement of the law". As the
                                        cops
                                        > enforce the law, again I ask, how is this accomplished?

                                        I realize what you are asking now.. And a good point, I suppose, since
                                        one of the accepted definition for "enforcing the law" is what is done
                                        by Police Officers prior to a trial.. However, let me ask you a
                                        question. If a state statute prescribes a certain punishment or a
                                        range of punishment for an offended that is found guilty, and a Judge
                                        follows that "prescription for punishment" in sentencing, is the Judge
                                        not also "enforcing the law"?

                                        And Gary, you get kudos.. It appears you are smart enough to delete
                                        posts you don't agree with, rather than complain about them on the
                                        group, and how much they are taking up your precious time. Good for
                                        you, Gary. Keep deleting those posts you don't agree with.

                                      • bella_mafia@yahoo.com
                                        Message 19 of 29 , Jun 9 9:01 AM
                                          I think in this case it was a legitimate ''senior moment''. Unless you are a senior, and have experienced the  onset of ''senior moments'', I think it would be difficult to imagine what it would be like, to suddenly reach for a common word within your usual vocabulary, and it not "be there''. Or, to have your thoughts suddenly ''go adrift'' when you are on your way to the checkout counter in a store, and suddenly find yourself outside the store! Once I was on my way to the checkout counter in a store, and saw a clerk on my way, and stopped to inquire about an item they might have in stock. By the time I had finished talking to the clerk, I walked straight out the door of the store, totally forgetting to stop at checkout. I realized my mistake immediately out the front door, and reentered the store and explained to the cashier that I had forgotten to pay for the item, and payed. She just looked real doubtful and sour, but did not reply. I was
                                          mortified. Senior moments occur frequently, when we are in our own homes as well. We forget what task we were doing before being interupted, for example, and go on and begin doing something else. Senior moments are embarrassing, a pain in the neck, and sometimes downright scary! ....The guy who posted that perhaps it was only a ''convenient excuse'', for a 79 year old man, will probably have his day of senior moments just like the rest of us. ''Judge not, lest ye be judged''.

                                          Linda Smith

                                          Bella Mafia

                                        • fjgrande@sbcglobal.net
                                          Message 20 of 29 , Jun 9 9:03 AM
                                            I am in total awe.

                                            Frank M. Grande CheckMate Investigations LLC
                                            P.O. Box 825
                                            Bethel, CT 06801
                                            Office: 203.743.6455
                                            Fax:  203.778.2415
                                            Toll: 877.743.6455
                                            Email info@...
                                            Web: www.checkmate-investigations.net
                                            CT Lic. #A-2192,
                                            NCISS, NAIS, CALPI
                                            When there are no more moves, CHECKMATE!
                                            WE ARE YOUR LAST
                                            MOVE!