RE: [infoguys-list] Real Time GPS Tracking

  • Lists
    Message 1 of 21 , Apr 6 2:09 PM
      The last PI that put a battery operated tracking device on a vehicle that I
      know about, was a Dallas PI. He got prosecuted because the definition on
      install doesn't mean you have to hard wire it.
      He affixed it to the vehicle.
      He also lost his license.
      Brian

      _____

      From: infoguys-list@ <mailto:infoguys-list%40yahoogroups.com>
      yahoogroups.com [mailto:infoguys-list@
      From: infoguys-list@ <mailto:infoguys-list%40yahoogroups.com>
      yahoogroups.com [mailto:infoguys-list@
      Message 2 of 21 , Apr 6 2:35 PM
        Brian

        Just to be clear. This PI ad permission of the owner to attach the device,
        however the owner was not the driver and that caused his conviction? If
        possible, could you provide the name of the PI so that I could research the
        facts of the case?

        Thanks in advance

        Tom Eskridge
        Chief Operations Officer
        High Tech Crime Institute Inch

        From: infoguys-list@ <mailto:infoguys-list%40yahoogroups.com>

        From: infoguys-list@ <mailto:infoguys-list%40yahoogroups.com>
[...]

        Florida PI Lic #A2500245

        Message 3 of 21 , Apr 6 3:42 PM
          Nope, I don't think that was it. I believe the subject's employer hired the
          PI and to trace her, he put in the GPS.
          I understand what you are saying and I'm not trying to make out like there
          is never a need or legitimate reason to have a GPS device, you just have to
          be careful.
          They are looking quite down on it here.

          From: infoguys-list@ <mailto:infoguys-list%40yahoogroups.com>

          Message 4 of 21 , Apr 6 3:56 PM
            Brian -

            Did the subject's employer have the PI GPS a company car or the subject's
            car?

            ________________________

            818-246-3001 FAX

            "one Nation under God"

            a military veteran

          • Thomas Eskridge
            Message 5 of 21 , Apr 6 4:05 PM
              Good, that sounds like a case of a third party placing a device on someone’s
              car without the permission of the owner or occupant.

              That is different than your original post.

              I could well understand how if someone put a GPS on someone’s car without
              permission of the owner of THAT car or the occupant of that vehicle it would
              be illegal, immoral and generally not very smart.

              From: infoguys-list@ <mailto:infoguys-list%40yahoogroups.com>

              Message 6 of 21 , Apr 6 4:41 PM
                personal car

                _____

                Did the subject's employer have the PI GPS a company car or the subject's
                car?

                _www.sarkispi.com_ (http://www.sarkispi <http://www.sarkispi.com/> .com/)

                818-246-3001 FAX

                "one Nation under God"

                a military veteran

                (http://travel.
                <http://travel.aol.com/travel-guide/united-states?ncid=aoltrv00030000000016>
                aol.com/travel-guide/united-states?ncid=aoltrv00030000000016)