Re: You re Right Ron

  • jose saavedra arias
    Message 1 of 21 , Apr 4 5:49 PM
      You are Right Ron I See you really Know about your Profession.
      Joseph.

      Rolingsmi@... escribió:
      Its not rocket science if the fugitive is a US citizen, once they have
      overstayed the 180 days Mexican Immigration will send them to US Marshals or
      FBI....You dont have to worry about the fugitive fighting extradition..they cant
      its an immigration violation.

      Thanks,
      Ron

      Ron Oling, JD
      25906 Hootananny
      San Antonio, Texas 78260
      (210) 669-9810
      Cancunpi@...

      _www.costaricapi.com_ (http://www.costaricapi.com/)
      _www.investigationsatmexico.com_ (http://www.investigationsatmexico.com/)

      Your Latin American investigative source.

    • Thomas Eskridge
      Message 2 of 21 , Apr 6 12:56 PM
        First and foremost, if you do anything based on my opinion, your nuts. With
        that said, and this is more a statement of how the courts and legislature
        are having trouble keeping up with technology. Here is the cut and past of
        Texas law.

        § 16.06. UNLAWFUL INSTALLATION OF TRACKING
        <http://tlo2.tlc.state.tx.us/cgi-bin/cqcgi?CQ_SESSION_KEY=ASAMDFLHYJEZ&CQ_QU
        ERY_HANDLE=125793&CQ_CUR_DOCUMENT=43&CQ_TLO_DOC_TEXT=YES#HIT0002> [0]
        <http://tlo2.tlc.state.tx.us/cgi-bin/cqcgi?CQ_SESSION_KEY=ASAMDFLHYJEZ&CQ_QU
        ERY_HANDLE=125793&CQ_CUR_DOCUMENT=43&CQ_TLO_DOC_TEXT=YES#HIT0000> DEVICE.
        (a) In this section:
        (1) "Electronic or mechanical tracking
        <http://tlo2.tlc.state.tx.us/cgi-bin/cqcgi?CQ_SESSION_KEY=ASAMDFLHYJEZ&CQ_QU
        ERY_HANDLE=125793&CQ_CUR_DOCUMENT=43&CQ_TLO_DOC_TEXT=YES#HIT0003> [0]
        <http://tlo2.tlc.state.tx.us/cgi-bin/cqcgi?CQ_SESSION_KEY=ASAMDFLHYJEZ&CQ_QU
        ERY_HANDLE=125793&CQ_CUR_DOCUMENT=43&CQ_TLO_DOC_TEXT=YES#HIT0001> device"
        means a
        device capable of emitting an electronic frequency or other signal
        that may be used by a person to identify, monitor, or record the
        location of another person or object.
        (2) "Motor vehicle" has the meaning assigned by
        Section 501.002, Transportation Code.
        (b) A person commits an offense if the person knowingly
        installs an electronic or mechanical tracking
        <http://tlo2.tlc.state.tx.us/cgi-bin/cqcgi?CQ_SESSION_KEY=ASAMDFLHYJEZ&CQ_QU
        ERY_HANDLE=125793&CQ_CUR_DOCUMENT=43&CQ_TLO_DOC_TEXT=YES#HIT0004> [0]
        <http://tlo2.tlc.state.tx.us/cgi-bin/cqcgi?CQ_SESSION_KEY=ASAMDFLHYJEZ&CQ_QU
        ERY_HANDLE=125793&CQ_CUR_DOCUMENT=43&CQ_TLO_DOC_TEXT=YES#HIT0002> device on
        a motor
        vehicle owned or leased by another person.

        Note that this statute only states that the “installation” of a device is
        illegal. In the past, such devices had to be hard wired onto the vehicle.
        With advancing technology this is no longer required.

        Again this post is not meant to start a “well I think” discussion. It is
        just meant to point out that careful reading of statutes and then searching
        for court decisions (which I have NOT done as to Texas) is a critical point.
        I also see nothing that would not allow the owner/lessee of a vehicle to
        install a device and then have an employee or other person drive the
        vehicle.

        I also would never recommend that anyone break any law. The more important
        reasons I see for the tracking device is for safety and the management of
        your employees. I forgot to mention in my first post that tracking can be
        easily turned on and off. This feature allows the tracking cell phone to be
        used as a time clock for your employees, and if you felt necessary, for an
        unproven sub.

        Tom Eskridge
        Chief Operations Officer
        High Tech Crime Institute Inc
        Excellence Through Integrity and Commitment
        Service Disabled Veteran Owned Business (SDVOB)
        Retired Redondo Beach CA PD Lieutenant
        Direct Office Number 813-854-2223
        Toll Free 866-279-6295 or 877-2GOHTCI
        Fax 866-864-7559
        13400 Wright Cir
        Tampa, Florida 33626

        www.gohtci.com
        www.forensicstore.com

        _____

        From: infoguys-list@ <mailto:infoguys-list%40yahoogroups.com>
        yahoogroups.com [mailto:infoguys-list@
        Message 3 of 21 , Apr 6 2:09 PM
          The last PI that put a battery operated tracking device on a vehicle that I
          know about, was a Dallas PI. He got prosecuted because the definition on
          install doesn't mean you have to hard wire it.
          He affixed it to the vehicle.
          He also lost his license.
          Brian

          _____

          From: infoguys-list@ <mailto:infoguys-list%40yahoogroups.com>
[...]

          Florida PI Lic #A2500245

          Message 4 of 21 , Apr 6 2:35 PM
            Brian

            Just to be clear. This PI ad permission of the owner to attach the device,
            however the owner was not the driver and that caused his conviction? If
            possible, could you provide the name of the PI so that I could research the
            facts of the case?

            Thanks in advance

            Tom Eskridge
            Chief Operations Officer
            High Tech Crime Institute Inch

            From: infoguys-list@ <mailto:infoguys-list%40yahoogroups.com>

            Message 5 of 21 , Apr 6 3:42 PM
              Nope, I don't think that was it. I believe the subject's employer hired the
              PI and to trace her, he put in the GPS.
              I understand what you are saying and I'm not trying to make out like there
              is never a need or legitimate reason to have a GPS device, you just have to
              be careful.
              They are looking quite down on it here.

              From: infoguys-list@ <mailto:infoguys-list%40yahoogroups.com>

              Message 6 of 21 , Apr 6 3:56 PM
                Brian -

                Did the subject's employer have the PI GPS a company car or the subject's
                car?

                ________________________

                818-246-3001 FAX

                "one Nation under God"

                a military veteran

              • Thomas Eskridge
                Message 7 of 21 , Apr 6 4:05 PM
                  Good, that sounds like a case of a third party placing a device on someone’s
                  car without the permission of the owner or occupant.

                  That is different than your original post.

                  I could well understand how if someone put a GPS on someone’s car without
                  permission of the owner of THAT car or the occupant of that vehicle it would
                  be illegal, immoral and generally not very smart.

                  From: infoguys-list@ <mailto:infoguys-list%40yahoogroups.com>

                  Message 8 of 21 , Apr 6 4:41 PM
                    personal car

                    _____

                    Did the subject's employer have the PI GPS a company car or the subject's
                    car?

                    _www.sarkispi.com_ (http://www.sarkispi <http://www.sarkispi.com/> .com/)

                    818-246-3001 FAX

                    "one Nation under God"

                    a military veteran

                    (http://travel.
                    <http://travel.aol.com/travel-guide/united-states?ncid=aoltrv00030000000016>
                    aol.com/travel-guide/united-states?ncid=aoltrv00030000000016)