Re: [infoguys-list] Re: Situation in Mexico for Fugitives

  • Bob Hrodey
    Message 1 of 21 , Apr 2, 2008
      jose saavedra arias wrote:
      > The Situation is that you want to pay little Money for Locate and Arrest an American Fugitive in México for a few Money. No I do not Think any Mexican Investigator want to do a investigation for a few money in some state of Mexico.
      >
      > I wonder If you really are so detective and Licensed Investigator why do not come to Mexico and do it yourselves?
      >
      > We are not Stupid for working for nothing.
      >
      > JBSA
      > MEXICAN INVESTIGATOR.

      No offense, Jose and I hope that you understand the question since my
      Spanish is nowheres near as good as your English but

      1) Can you point out anything in Rick's post that indicates he wants
      detective work done in Mexico for "little money?" The point he was
      trying to make is that it isn't necessary to get a bunch of tattoos,
      bleach your hair blonde and act like an idiot and get yourself arrested
      to do the job,

      2) I would hardly expect you work for nothing, but everything is
      relative. What would you charge me per hour to conduct an interview in
      your town in Mexico since I cannot do it myself?

      Thanks for your consideration.

      --

      Enjoy,

      Bob
      Hrodey & Associates Established 1977
      email: inquiry@... or rth@...
      Illinois License 115-000783 Wisconsin 8045-063
    • Steve
      Message 2 of 21 , Apr 3, 2008
        Awesome Rick!

        Just goes to show what "thinking outside of the box" can do.

        Congrats!

        Steve

        www.ForensicPreviewTool.com
        325 S. Third St. Suite 1-343
        Las Vegas, NV 89101
        702-727-8355

      • Glad4JC@aol.com
        Message 3 of 21 , Apr 3, 2008
          HI Rick,

          It goes without saying that you have an incredible knack for getting the job done when others might have failed.  What I am wondering though is do you really believe that the unnamed infamous bounty hunter you speak of really only wanted publicity?   I think he had quite a bit of that already didn't he?  I thought he was passionate about the crime because AL as I think the fugitives initials are was a savage merciless rapist who would continue brutalizing women forever.  I mean most of us could get passionate about something like that.  I imagine that many bounty hunters are doing their job and try not to get emotionally involved, but every once in a while where there are vulnerable women or children at stake, maybe they are so passionate about the recovery that they may be overzealous or miss some important protocol.  I would like to believe, although I am probably being naive, that this case was about some genuine missteps that were done in haste and with the best of intentions.

          Having said that though, I heard the reason he was taken off the air was due to some racist comments about a fugitive.  I did not hear them so I don't know.  I do know that we all sometimes speak in haste, are misunderstood, say one thing mean another or use jargon that may mean something to one group of people that is different than what it means to us, again I am trying to give the benefit of the doubt.

          Finally, that is a cool piece of change, maybe I should consider doing bounty hunting after all, smile.

          Gladys Brierley
          Accurate Investigations
          PO Box 872
          Newton, MS  39345
          601-480-3181 cell
          www.accurateinvestigation.com
          www.myspace.come/mississippiinvestigator

          Message 4 of 21 , Apr 3, 2008
            Its not rocket science if the fugitive is a US citizen, once they have
            overstayed the 180 days Mexican Immigration will send them to US Marshals or
            FBI....You dont have to worry about the fugitive fighting extradition..they cant
            its an immigration violation.

            Thanks,
            Ron

            Ron Oling, JD
            25906 Hootananny
            San Antonio, Texas 78260
            (210) 669-9810
            Cancunpi@...

            _www.costaricapi.com_ (http://www.costaricapi.com/)
            _www.investigationsatmexico.com_ (http://www.investigationsatmexico.com/)

            Your Latin American investigative source.

          • Ricky Gurley
            Message 5 of 21 , Apr 3, 2008
              --- In infoguys-list@yahoogroups.com, Glad4JC@... wrote:

              > HI Rick,
              >
              > It goes without saying that you have an incredible knack for
              getting the job done when others might have failed.  What I am
              wondering though is do you really believe that the unnamed infamous
              bounty hunter you speak of really only wanted publicity?   I think
              he had quite a bit of that already didn't he?  I thought he was
              passionate about the crime because AL as I think the fugitives
              initials are was a savage merciless rapist who would continue
              brutalizing women forever.  I mean most of us could get passionate
              about something like that.  I imagine that many bounty hunters are
              doing their job and try not to get emotionally involved, but every
              once in a while where there are vulnerable women or children at
              stake, maybe they are so passionate about the recovery that they may
              be overzealous or miss some important protocol.  I would like to
              believe, although I am probably being naive, that this case was about
              some genuine missteps that were done in haste and with the best of
              intentions.

              > Having said that though, I heard the reason he was taken off the
              air was due to some racist comments about a fugitive.  I did not
              hear them so I don't know.  I do know that we all sometimes speak in
              haste, are misunderstood, say one thing mean another or use jargon
              that may mean something to one group of people that is different than
              what it means to us, again I am trying to give the benefit of the
              doubt.

              > Finally, that is a cool piece of change, maybe I should consider
              doing bounty hunting after all, smile.

              Good questions, Gladys.. I'll answer some with answers and some with
              questions.

              Did you know that unnamed Recovery Agent had to make that high
              profile recovery as part of a deal with the network that produced his
              television series? The producers of his show told him they needed him
              to do "high profile recovery" before they would produce that series.
              And shortly after that one "high profile recovery" was made by this
              unnamed Recovery Agent.

              Did you know this unnamed Recovery Agent is a convicted murderer?

              Did you know this unnamed Recovery Agent is only 5'6"? He wears
              special boots to make him look taller..

              Did you know that this unnamed Recovery Agent's wife had her Bail
              Bonds Business shut down in 3 other states for violating state
              bonding regulations?

              Did you know that this unnamed Recovery Agent belonged to a gang?
              There is still some speculation as to whether or not he is still a
              member..

              It is real hard to respect this fellow once you research him. And for
              a long time, I gave him the benefit of the doubt. The stunt he pulled
              in Mexico caused me to take that benefit away, because he KNEW what
              he was doing was illegal, and that if he got caught (which he did),
              it would make us all look bad, and it did!

              I try to give people the benefit of the doubt because I have a past
              too, and I am in no position to judge another person. But sometimes
              it becomes clear that if you are not willing to make a judgment by
              stating the obvious truth, then you become a part of the problem that
              you are trying avoid being a part of.. Riddle me that, Batman...

              When I first started in this business, I used to "cut corners",
              and "do the sneaky stuff", and all of that. I did not understand the
              value of doing this work in such a way that there is no need to hide
              anything if I were to be questioned about it. I think it takes a
              while for all of the new people to learn that. There is high value in
              being able to successfully do this work above board, legitimately,
              and and also by playing by the rules. The value of that is especially
              high to professional clients that might be considering hiring you.
              There are some people here that would be called "OGs", if this were a
              gang. LOL. I think they can safely be referred to as "old school".
              And sometimes they just call their selves "old". But I watched them
              over the years, and I learned a lot from them, people like Bob
              Hrodey, Bill Branscum, and Sue Sarkis come to mind. And you really
              don't have to bother them with questions, just watch their posts and
              take note of them, some of the information you can glean is
              priceless. Also, if you watch carefully, you can learn things from
              these people like how to conduct yourself professionally, what your
              services are worth, how to market your business, and all kinds of
              nice things. You just have to pick the right people to study. It's
              always a safe bet to study the people that have withstood the test of
              time... And although some of these people can be a bit "cantankerous"
              at times, they still have much to offer, and we should be happy that
              they are offering it. ;o)

              There are many good people in our industry that will offer their help
              as long as they know you want to do this job the right way. I had a
              fellow that I did not get along with for the longest time, offer me
              some help on a computer forensics project a while back. And he just
              turned out to be extremely competent and absolutely brilliant. And I
              tried to pay him, but he would not hear of it. If I make any money at
              what I do, if I succeed at my job, I try to always remember that
              there are others out there that helped me to get to where I am at,
              some willingly, some unwillingly, nevertheless I learned from them.
              You have to give credit where it is due.

              Lastly, I did not make $75,000.00, That was a rough total of what the
              Bondsman spent, I made much less than that.. The P.I. in Mexico had
              to be paid, and there were a lot of expenses. But, I am happy with
              what I made.

              Rick.

                Message 7 of 21 , Apr 4, 2008
                  In the next month or so we will be rolling out a new service. I am looking
                  for feedback (offline) and interest.

                  The service involves the use of a cell phone for real time GPS tracking. You
                  would need to purchase the cell phone from us (for programming reasons). The
                  cost could be as low as $60 for a "throw away" phone to as much as you'd
                  normally spend for a nicer phone.

                  Via a username/password web based application you can track the movement of
                  the cell phone (s) based on your set reporting schedule. The schedule can be
                  every few seconds, up to daily. The cost of more reporting is reduced
                  battery life.

                  The applications I see are:

                  Surveillance

                  The supervision and management of employees

                  Safety

                  The safety issue: You set up a "hot key". If the hot key is activated 2
                  things happen. First (assuming you have someone, somewhere monitoring
                  movement via the web) an alert is sent out that help is needed. The web
                  application includes mapping. So while you don't know what is wrong, you
                  know the location and can send help for an unknown trouble assist call.
                  Second the system can be set to send emails to pre-set people. The only
                  problem with this is via email only GPS co-ordinates are sent. They would
                  need to get to a mapping program to get a street name.

                  You control who can see what with your phones. You see all, perhaps
                  employees only see the phones that they need to see.

                  You can add a voice plan to any of these phones (at whatever cost your voice
                  plan costs).

                  The cost of the tracking service is $30 a month per phone.

                  For an additional $30 a month you can have a 24/7 monitoring service
                  (already up and running) monitor for "help" alerts, per phone.

                  There are many more applications. One easy one is to throw it in your kid's
                  car on Friday night and monitor where the little rascal (ette) is at. Of
                  course this could also be a client service. While the program is ready for
                  roll out, and already being used by law enforcement, there are still
                  programmers working on features, so if you have some good ideas please let
                  me know.

                  If you would be interested in the service, drop me an email to
                  tom@... so that I can contact you when the service is ready for our
                  private investigator roll out.

                  Tom Eskridge
                  Chief Operations Officer
                  High Tech Crime Institute Inc
                  Excellence Through Integrity and Commitment
                  Service Disabled Veteran Owned Business (SDVOB)
                  Retired Redondo Beach CA PD Lieutenant

                  Florida PI Lic #A2500245
                  Direct Office Number 813-854-2223
                  Toll Free 866-279-6295 or 877-2GOHTCI
                  Fax 866-864-7559
                  13400 Wright Cir
                  Tampa, Florida 33626

                  www.gohtci.com
                  www.forensicstore.com

                  _____

                • Lists
                  Message 8 of 21 , Apr 4, 2008
                    Be careful, that is illegal in Texas unless the person being tracked is the
                    actual owner that signed up for the service.
                    Brian K. Ingram, Owner
                    Consulting Investigation Services
                    Tx. P.I. License: A-08429
                    Forensic Data Recovery, Email Tracing ,Internet Investigations, Catastrophic
                    Event Investigations
                    www.cispi.net
                    (972) 937-3938
                    Serving Texas since 1996
                    Member: American College of Forensic Examiners

                    _____

                    tom@... <mailto:tom%40gohtci.com> so that I can contact you when the

                    Message 9 of 21 , Apr 4, 2008
                      In a message dated 4/4/2008 9:14:53 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
                      list@... writes:

                      Be careful, that is illegal in Texas unless the person being tracked is the
                      actual owner that signed up for the service.

                      Same here in CA.

                      ________________________

                      818-246-3001 FAX

                      "one Nation under God"

                      a military veteran

                    • Thomas Eskridge
                      Message 10 of 21 , Apr 4, 2008

                        I do believe that you are wrong. Here is the appropriate CA Penal Code

                        637.7. (a) No person or entity in this state shall use an
                        electronic tracking device to determine the location or movement of a
                        person.
                        (b) This section shall not apply when the registered owner,
                        lessor, or lessee of a vehicle has consented to the use of the
                        electronic tracking device with respect to that vehicle.
                        (c) This section shall not apply to the lawful use of an
                        electronic tracking device by a law enforcement agency.
                        (d) As used in this section, "electronic tracking device" means
                        any device attached to a vehicle or other movable thing that reveals
                        its location or movement by the transmission of electronic signals.
                        (e) A violation of this section is a misdemeanor.
                        (f) A violation of this section by a person, business, firm,
                        company, association, partnership, or corporation licensed under
                        Division 3 (commencing with Section 5000) of the Business and
                        Professions Code shall constitute grounds for revocation of the
                        license issued to that person, business, firm, company, association,
                        partnership, or corporation, pursuant to the provisions that provide
                        for the revocation of the license as set forth in Division 3
                        (commencing with Section 5000) of the Business and Professions Code.

                        As you can clearly read, as long as the registered owner, lessor or lessee
                        of the vehicle approves of the device being installed it is very legal in
                        California to use such a device. This would cover a parent using the device
                        to track their child when the child was in the parent's car. (Or I would say
                        a spouse to have another spouse tracked, but beware, Penal codes are one
                        thing, there could be a court decision that has modified this)

                        The other typical uses would be to help ensure the safety of your employees.
                        Then the device is carried with the consent and permission of the employee.
                        (Even if as a condition of employment)

                        I agree that if you planted one of these cell phones in someone's clothing
                        without permission, you would be committing a misdemeanor.

                        Blanket statements do not help anyone in this business. As some would say,
                        "Guns don't kill people, People kill people". Whatever tool or technique you
                        choose to use, use the technique/tool wisely and lawfully.

                        I do not have the expertise in Texas law to know if that blanket statement
                        is true or not. If your in Texas, I guess you should research your law and
                        be sure you are compliant prior to any action (s) you may take.

                        list@... <mailto:list%40cispi.net> writes:

                        Be careful, that is illegal in Texas unless the person being tracked is the
                        actual owner that signed up for the service.

                        Same here in CA.

                        ________________________

                        _www.sarkispi.com_ (http://www.sarkispi <http://www.sarkispi.com/> .com/)

                        818-246-3001 FAX

                        "one Nation under God"

                        a military veteran

                        (http://travel.
                        <http://travel.aol.com/travel-guide/united-states?ncid=aoltrv00030000000016>
                        aol.com/travel-guide/united-states?ncid=aoltrv00030000000016)

                        Message 11 of 21 , Apr 4, 2008
                          Tom -

                          I agree after re-reading what Brian of TX wrote at least as far as CA is
                          concerned. Brian of TX wrote, "Be careful, that is illegal in Texas unless the
                          person being tracked is the actual owner that signed up for the service." and
                          then I said, "Same here in CA". I would venture to guess, however, that
                          Brian meant it the way I misread it.

                          It is true that the REGISTERED owner of the vehicle (which is different from
                          the legal owner) is the one who authorizes in CA. However, I strongly
                          suggest you consult with an attorney before attempting to do so with a spouse.

                          ________________________

                          818-246-3001 FAX

                          "one Nation under God"

                          a military veteran

                        • jose saavedra arias

                            Message 13 of 21 , Apr 6, 2008
                              First and foremost, if you do anything based on my opinion, your nuts. With
                              that said, and this is more a statement of how the courts and legislature
                              are having trouble keeping up with technology. Here is the cut and past of
                              Texas law.

                              § 16.06. UNLAWFUL INSTALLATION OF TRACKING
                              <http://tlo2.tlc.state.tx.us/cgi-bin/cqcgi?CQ_SESSION_KEY=ASAMDFLHYJEZ&CQ_QU
                              ERY_HANDLE=125793&CQ_CUR_DOCUMENT=43&CQ_TLO_DOC_TEXT=YES#HIT0002> [0]
                              <http://tlo2.tlc.state.tx.us/cgi-bin/cqcgi?CQ_SESSION_KEY=ASAMDFLHYJEZ&CQ_QU
                              ERY_HANDLE=125793&CQ_CUR_DOCUMENT=43&CQ_TLO_DOC_TEXT=YES#HIT0000> DEVICE.
                              (a) In this section:
                              (1) "Electronic or mechanical tracking
                              <http://tlo2.tlc.state.tx.us/cgi-bin/cqcgi?CQ_SESSION_KEY=ASAMDFLHYJEZ&CQ_QU
                              ERY_HANDLE=125793&CQ_CUR_DOCUMENT=43&CQ_TLO_DOC_TEXT=YES#HIT0003> [0]
                              <http://tlo2.tlc.state.tx.us/cgi-bin/cqcgi?CQ_SESSION_KEY=ASAMDFLHYJEZ&CQ_QU
                              ERY_HANDLE=125793&CQ_CUR_DOCUMENT=43&CQ_TLO_DOC_TEXT=YES#HIT0001> device"
                              means a
                              device capable of emitting an electronic frequency or other signal
                              that may be used by a person to identify, monitor, or record the
                              location of another person or object.
                              (2) "Motor vehicle" has the meaning assigned by
                              Section 501.002, Transportation Code.
                              (b) A person commits an offense if the person knowingly
                              installs an electronic or mechanical tracking
                              <http://tlo2.tlc.state.tx.us/cgi-bin/cqcgi?CQ_SESSION_KEY=ASAMDFLHYJEZ&CQ_QU
                              ERY_HANDLE=125793&CQ_CUR_DOCUMENT=43&CQ_TLO_DOC_TEXT=YES#HIT0004> [0]
                              <http://tlo2.tlc.state.tx.us/cgi-bin/cqcgi?CQ_SESSION_KEY=ASAMDFLHYJEZ&CQ_QU
                              ERY_HANDLE=125793&CQ_CUR_DOCUMENT=43&CQ_TLO_DOC_TEXT=YES#HIT0002> device on
                              a motor
                              vehicle owned or leased by another person.

                              Note that this statute only states that the “installation” of a device is
                              illegal. In the past, such devices had to be hard wired onto the vehicle.
                              With advancing technology this is no longer required.

                              Again this post is not meant to start a “well I think” discussion. It is
                              just meant to point out that careful reading of statutes and then searching
                              for court decisions (which I have NOT done as to Texas) is a critical point.
                              I also see nothing that would not allow the owner/lessee of a vehicle to
                              install a device and then have an employee or other person drive the
                              vehicle.

                              I also would never recommend that anyone break any law. The more important
                              reasons I see for the tracking device is for safety and the management of
                              your employees. I forgot to mention in my first post that tracking can be
                              easily turned on and off. This feature allows the tracking cell phone to be
                              used as a time clock for your employees, and if you felt necessary, for an
                              unproven sub.

                              From: infoguys-list@ <mailto:infoguys-list%40yahoogroups.com>
                              yahoogroups.com [mailto:infoguys-list@

                              tom@... <mailto:tom%40gohtci.com> <mailto:tom%40gohtci.com> so that

                              Message 14 of 21 , Apr 6, 2008
                                The last PI that put a battery operated tracking device on a vehicle that I
                                know about, was a Dallas PI. He got prosecuted because the definition on
                                install doesn't mean you have to hard wire it.
                                He affixed it to the vehicle.
                                He also lost his license.
                                Brian

                                _____

                                Message 15 of 21 , Apr 6, 2008
                                  Brian

                                  Just to be clear. This PI ad permission of the owner to attach the device,
                                  however the owner was not the driver and that caused his conviction? If
                                  possible, could you provide the name of the PI so that I could research the
                                  facts of the case?

                                  Thanks in advance

                                  Tom Eskridge
                                  Chief Operations Officer
                                  High Tech Crime Institute Inch

                                  From: infoguys-list@ <mailto:infoguys-list%40yahoogroups.com>

                                  Message 16 of 21 , Apr 6, 2008
                                    Nope, I don't think that was it. I believe the subject's employer hired the
                                    PI and to trace her, he put in the GPS.
                                    I understand what you are saying and I'm not trying to make out like there
                                    is never a need or legitimate reason to have a GPS device, you just have to
                                    be careful.
                                    They are looking quite down on it here.

                                    From: infoguys-list@ <mailto:infoguys-list%40yahoogroups.com>

                                    Message 17 of 21 , Apr 6, 2008
                                      Brian -

                                      Did the subject's employer have the PI GPS a company car or the subject's
                                      car?

                                      ________________________

                                      818-246-3001 FAX

                                      "one Nation under God"

                                      a military veteran

                                    • Thomas Eskridge
                                      Message 18 of 21 , Apr 6, 2008
                                        Good, that sounds like a case of a third party placing a device on someone’s
                                        car without the permission of the owner or occupant.

                                        That is different than your original post.

                                        I could well understand how if someone put a GPS on someone’s car without
                                        permission of the owner of THAT car or the occupant of that vehicle it would
                                        be illegal, immoral and generally not very smart.

                                        From: infoguys-list@ <mailto:infoguys-list%40yahoogroups.com>

                                        Message 19 of 21 , Apr 6, 2008
                                          personal car

                                          _____