Doing it right in Mexico...

  • Ricky Gurley
    Message 1 of 21 , Apr 2, 2008
      To all,

      A while back there was an episode in Mexico in which a "famous"
      or "infamous" (depending on who you talk to) Recovery Agent, drove to
      Mexico and picked up a nationally known fugitive. This recovery Agent
      was arrested in Mexico, but still got his fugitive, and then later
      arrested in the USA for not appearing in Mexico on the charges he was
      arrested for in Mexico. I think we all know who I am talking about, it
      was a fairly large media event.

      Well, my opinion was, is, and always will be that he was just
      a "dipstick" trying to make a name for himself, and there is a better
      way to recover fugitives from Mexico.

      As of last week, after over 1 year of work, and over $75,000.00 from my
      client, I successfully had not just one; but two fugitives taken out of
      Mexico and extradited back into the US, where they sit in jail in Los
      Angeles, California right now. These fugitives are married, so that
      made it a little easier. I was able to have these fugitives extradited
      back to the USA, without anyone being charged in Mexico, without anyone
      getting hurt, and without ever having to leave my office. It all
      started on 03/30/2007 with a simple email trace, that "found" them in
      Mexico.

      Last week Charles Andrews (Booking No.: 1223525) and Connie Andrews
      (Booking No.: 1223596) were apprehended by the U.S. Marshals in Mexico,
      and extradited to Los Angeles, California, where they are now in jail.

      Thanks to a BRILLIANT contact of mine who is a licensed Private
      Investigator in Texas and Mexico, and has some of the most outstanding
      and impeccable credentials that I have ever seen, we made what some
      said was "impossible" actually happen. I can't say enough good about
      the professionalism and skill of the Private Investigator that helped
      me. He is simply the best operator I have ever seen in Mexico. Since he
      is my private contact, I will not mention his name here. however, if
      anyone here finds there self needing some P.I. work done in Mexico,
      call me and I can arrange to have it done. LEGAL P.I. work, of course!

      It was not necessarily "exciting", and it entailed mostly paperwork and
      office work, as most good Private Investigation cases do; but we made
      it happen and got paid fairly for doing it. I am one of the very few,
      if not the only Private Investigator in Missouri that has actually
      pulled this off, at this point in time. Up until now, when a Bail
      Bondsman had a fugitive in Mexico, he or she just paid the bond off.

      There IS an effective and LEGAL way to apprehend fugitives in Mexico,
      you just have to know the process and have the contacts to help you
      with the process. This was a very satisfying case for me, because every
      Bail Bondsman in Missouri that I spoke with told me that I could not do
      it, and MANY Bail Bondsmen in Missouri watched this case develop.Now I
      have Bail Bondsmen ringing my phone quite a bit with International
      Fugitive Cases, which is an area where I have worked hard to be in.The
      most satisfying part of the case, was knowing that I saved my client
      over $150,000.00.

      It felt good enough to write about... LOL.

      Rick.

      "You'll Find No White Flags Here"

      Phone: (888) 571-0958
      Fax: (877) 795-9800
      Cell: (573) 529-0808

      Email
      RMRI-Inc@...

      Webpage
      http://www.rmriinc.com
    • jose saavedra arias
      Message 2 of 21 , Apr 2, 2008
        The Situation is that you want to pay little Money for Locate and Arrest an American Fugitive in México for a few Money. No I do not Think any Mexican Investigator want to do a investigation for a few money in some state of Mexico.

        I wonder If you really are so detective and Licensed Investigator why do not come to Mexico and do it yourselves?

        We are not Stupid for working for nothing.

        JBSA
        MEXICAN INVESTIGATOR.

      • Bob Hrodey
        Message 3 of 21 , Apr 2, 2008
          jose saavedra arias wrote:
          > The Situation is that you want to pay little Money for Locate and Arrest an American Fugitive in México for a few Money. No I do not Think any Mexican Investigator want to do a investigation for a few money in some state of Mexico.
          >
          > I wonder If you really are so detective and Licensed Investigator why do not come to Mexico and do it yourselves?
          >
          > We are not Stupid for working for nothing.
          >
          > JBSA
          > MEXICAN INVESTIGATOR.

          No offense, Jose and I hope that you understand the question since my
          Spanish is nowheres near as good as your English but

          1) Can you point out anything in Rick's post that indicates he wants
          detective work done in Mexico for "little money?" The point he was
          trying to make is that it isn't necessary to get a bunch of tattoos,
          bleach your hair blonde and act like an idiot and get yourself arrested
          to do the job,

          2) I would hardly expect you work for nothing, but everything is
          relative. What would you charge me per hour to conduct an interview in
          your town in Mexico since I cannot do it myself?

          Thanks for your consideration.

          --

          Enjoy,

          Bob
          Hrodey & Associates Established 1977
          email: inquiry@... or rth@...
          Illinois License 115-000783 Wisconsin 8045-063
        • Steve
          Message 4 of 21 , Apr 3, 2008
            Awesome Rick!

            Just goes to show what "thinking outside of the box" can do.

            Congrats!

            Steve

            www.ForensicPreviewTool.com
            325 S. Third St. Suite 1-343
            Las Vegas, NV 89101
            702-727-8355

          • Glad4JC@aol.com
            Message 5 of 21 , Apr 3, 2008
              HI Rick,

              It goes without saying that you have an incredible knack for getting the job done when others might have failed.  What I am wondering though is do you really believe that the unnamed infamous bounty hunter you speak of really only wanted publicity?   I think he had quite a bit of that already didn't he?  I thought he was passionate about the crime because AL as I think the fugitives initials are was a savage merciless rapist who would continue brutalizing women forever.  I mean most of us could get passionate about something like that.  I imagine that many bounty hunters are doing their job and try not to get emotionally involved, but every once in a while where there are vulnerable women or children at stake, maybe they are so passionate about the recovery that they may be overzealous or miss some important protocol.  I would like to believe, although I am probably being naive, that this case was about some genuine missteps that were done in haste and with the best of intentions.

              Having said that though, I heard the reason he was taken off the air was due to some racist comments about a fugitive.  I did not hear them so I don't know.  I do know that we all sometimes speak in haste, are misunderstood, say one thing mean another or use jargon that may mean something to one group of people that is different than what it means to us, again I am trying to give the benefit of the doubt.

              Finally, that is a cool piece of change, maybe I should consider doing bounty hunting after all, smile.

              Gladys Brierley
              Accurate Investigations
              PO Box 872
              Newton, MS  39345
              601-480-3181 cell
              www.accurateinvestigation.com
              www.myspace.come/mississippiinvestigator

              Message 6 of 21 , Apr 3, 2008
                Its not rocket science if the fugitive is a US citizen, once they have
                overstayed the 180 days Mexican Immigration will send them to US Marshals or
                FBI....You dont have to worry about the fugitive fighting extradition..they cant
                its an immigration violation.

                Thanks,
                Ron

                Ron Oling, JD
                25906 Hootananny
                San Antonio, Texas 78260
                (210) 669-9810
                Cancunpi@...

                _www.costaricapi.com_ (http://www.costaricapi.com/)
                _www.investigationsatmexico.com_ (http://www.investigationsatmexico.com/)

                Your Latin American investigative source.

              • Ricky Gurley
                Message 7 of 21 , Apr 3, 2008
                  --- In infoguys-list@yahoogroups.com, Glad4JC@... wrote:

                  > HI Rick,
                  >
                  > It goes without saying that you have an incredible knack for
                  getting the job done when others might have failed.  What I am
                  wondering though is do you really believe that the unnamed infamous
                  bounty hunter you speak of really only wanted publicity?   I think
                  he had quite a bit of that already didn't he?  I thought he was
                  passionate about the crime because AL as I think the fugitives
                  initials are was a savage merciless rapist who would continue
                  brutalizing women forever.  I mean most of us could get passionate
                  about something like that.  I imagine that many bounty hunters are
                  doing their job and try not to get emotionally involved, but every
                  once in a while where there are vulnerable women or children at
                  stake, maybe they are so passionate about the recovery that they may
                  be overzealous or miss some important protocol.  I would like to
                  believe, although I am probably being naive, that this case was about
                  some genuine missteps that were done in haste and with the best of
                  intentions.

                  > Having said that though, I heard the reason he was taken off the
                  air was due to some racist comments about a fugitive.  I did not
                  hear them so I don't know.  I do know that we all sometimes speak in
                  haste, are misunderstood, say one thing mean another or use jargon
                  that may mean something to one group of people that is different than
                  what it means to us, again I am trying to give the benefit of the
                  doubt.

                  > Finally, that is a cool piece of change, maybe I should consider
                  doing bounty hunting after all, smile.

                  Good questions, Gladys.. I'll answer some with answers and some with
                  questions.

                  Did you know that unnamed Recovery Agent had to make that high
                  profile recovery as part of a deal with the network that produced his
                  television series? The producers of his show told him they needed him
                  to do "high profile recovery" before they would produce that series.
                  And shortly after that one "high profile recovery" was made by this
                  unnamed Recovery Agent.

                  Did you know this unnamed Recovery Agent is a convicted murderer?

                  Did you know this unnamed Recovery Agent is only 5'6"? He wears
                  special boots to make him look taller..

                  Did you know that this unnamed Recovery Agent's wife had her Bail
                  Bonds Business shut down in 3 other states for violating state
                  bonding regulations?

                  Did you know that this unnamed Recovery Agent belonged to a gang?
                  There is still some speculation as to whether or not he is still a
                  member..

                  It is real hard to respect this fellow once you research him. And for
                  a long time, I gave him the benefit of the doubt. The stunt he pulled
                  in Mexico caused me to take that benefit away, because he KNEW what
                  he was doing was illegal, and that if he got caught (which he did),
                  it would make us all look bad, and it did!

                  I try to give people the benefit of the doubt because I have a past
                  too, and I am in no position to judge another person. But sometimes
                  it becomes clear that if you are not willing to make a judgment by
                  stating the obvious truth, then you become a part of the problem that
                  you are trying avoid being a part of.. Riddle me that, Batman...

                  When I first started in this business, I used to "cut corners",
                  and "do the sneaky stuff", and all of that. I did not understand the
                  value of doing this work in such a way that there is no need to hide
                  anything if I were to be questioned about it. I think it takes a
                  while for all of the new people to learn that. There is high value in
                  being able to successfully do this work above board, legitimately,
                  and and also by playing by the rules. The value of that is especially
                  high to professional clients that might be considering hiring you.
                  There are some people here that would be called "OGs", if this were a
                  gang. LOL. I think they can safely be referred to as "old school".
                  And sometimes they just call their selves "old". But I watched them
                  over the years, and I learned a lot from them, people like Bob
                  Hrodey, Bill Branscum, and Sue Sarkis come to mind. And you really
                  don't have to bother them with questions, just watch their posts and
                  take note of them, some of the information you can glean is
                  priceless. Also, if you watch carefully, you can learn things from
                  these people like how to conduct yourself professionally, what your
                  services are worth, how to market your business, and all kinds of
                  nice things. You just have to pick the right people to study. It's
                  always a safe bet to study the people that have withstood the test of
                  time... And although some of these people can be a bit "cantankerous"
                  at times, they still have much to offer, and we should be happy that
                  they are offering it. ;o)

                  There are many good people in our industry that will offer their help
                  as long as they know you want to do this job the right way. I had a
                  fellow that I did not get along with for the longest time, offer me
                  some help on a computer forensics project a while back. And he just
                  turned out to be extremely competent and absolutely brilliant. And I
                  tried to pay him, but he would not hear of it. If I make any money at
                  what I do, if I succeed at my job, I try to always remember that
                  there are others out there that helped me to get to where I am at,
                  some willingly, some unwillingly, nevertheless I learned from them.
                  You have to give credit where it is due.

                  Lastly, I did not make $75,000.00, That was a rough total of what the
                  Bondsman spent, I made much less than that.. The P.I. in Mexico had
                  to be paid, and there were a lot of expenses. But, I am happy with
                  what I made.

                    Message 9 of 21 , Apr 4, 2008
                      In the next month or so we will be rolling out a new service. I am looking
                      for feedback (offline) and interest.

                      The service involves the use of a cell phone for real time GPS tracking. You
                      would need to purchase the cell phone from us (for programming reasons). The
                      cost could be as low as $60 for a "throw away" phone to as much as you'd
                      normally spend for a nicer phone.

                      Via a username/password web based application you can track the movement of
                      the cell phone (s) based on your set reporting schedule. The schedule can be
                      every few seconds, up to daily. The cost of more reporting is reduced
                      battery life.

                      The applications I see are:

                      Surveillance

                      The supervision and management of employees

                      Safety

                      The safety issue: You set up a "hot key". If the hot key is activated 2
                      things happen. First (assuming you have someone, somewhere monitoring
                      movement via the web) an alert is sent out that help is needed. The web
                      application includes mapping. So while you don't know what is wrong, you
                      know the location and can send help for an unknown trouble assist call.
                      Second the system can be set to send emails to pre-set people. The only
                      problem with this is via email only GPS co-ordinates are sent. They would
                      need to get to a mapping program to get a street name.

                      You control who can see what with your phones. You see all, perhaps
                      employees only see the phones that they need to see.

                      You can add a voice plan to any of these phones (at whatever cost your voice
                      plan costs).

                      The cost of the tracking service is $30 a month per phone.

                      For an additional $30 a month you can have a 24/7 monitoring service
                      (already up and running) monitor for "help" alerts, per phone.

                      There are many more applications. One easy one is to throw it in your kid's
                      car on Friday night and monitor where the little rascal (ette) is at. Of
                      course this could also be a client service. While the program is ready for
                      roll out, and already being used by law enforcement, there are still
                      programmers working on features, so if you have some good ideas please let
                      me know.

                      If you would be interested in the service, drop me an email to
                      tom@... so that I can contact you when the service is ready for our
                      private investigator roll out.

                      Tom Eskridge
                      Chief Operations Officer
                      High Tech Crime Institute Inc
                      Excellence Through Integrity and Commitment
                      Service Disabled Veteran Owned Business (SDVOB)
                      Retired Redondo Beach CA PD Lieutenant

                      Florida PI Lic #A2500245
                      Direct Office Number 813-854-2223
                      Toll Free 866-279-6295 or 877-2GOHTCI
                      Fax 866-864-7559
                      13400 Wright Cir
                      Tampa, Florida 33626

                      www.gohtci.com
                      www.forensicstore.com

                      _____

                    • Lists
                      Message 10 of 21 , Apr 4, 2008
                        Be careful, that is illegal in Texas unless the person being tracked is the
                        actual owner that signed up for the service.
                        Brian K. Ingram, Owner
                        Consulting Investigation Services
                        Tx. P.I. License: A-08429
                        Forensic Data Recovery, Email Tracing ,Internet Investigations, Catastrophic
                        Event Investigations
                        www.cispi.net
                        (972) 937-3938
                        Serving Texas since 1996
                        Member: American College of Forensic Examiners

                        _____

                        tom@... <mailto:tom%40gohtci.com> so that I can contact you when the

                        Message 11 of 21 , Apr 4, 2008
                          In a message dated 4/4/2008 9:14:53 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
                          list@... writes:

                          Be careful, that is illegal in Texas unless the person being tracked is the
                          actual owner that signed up for the service.

                          Same here in CA.

                          ________________________

                          818-246-3001 FAX

                          "one Nation under God"

                          a military veteran

                        • Thomas Eskridge
                          Message 12 of 21 , Apr 4, 2008

                            I do believe that you are wrong. Here is the appropriate CA Penal Code

                            637.7. (a) No person or entity in this state shall use an
                            electronic tracking device to determine the location or movement of a
                            person.
                            (b) This section shall not apply when the registered owner,
                            lessor, or lessee of a vehicle has consented to the use of the
                            electronic tracking device with respect to that vehicle.
                            (c) This section shall not apply to the lawful use of an
                            electronic tracking device by a law enforcement agency.
                            (d) As used in this section, "electronic tracking device" means
                            any device attached to a vehicle or other movable thing that reveals
                            its location or movement by the transmission of electronic signals.
                            (e) A violation of this section is a misdemeanor.
                            (f) A violation of this section by a person, business, firm,
                            company, association, partnership, or corporation licensed under
                            Division 3 (commencing with Section 5000) of the Business and
                            Professions Code shall constitute grounds for revocation of the
                            license issued to that person, business, firm, company, association,
                            partnership, or corporation, pursuant to the provisions that provide
                            for the revocation of the license as set forth in Division 3
                            (commencing with Section 5000) of the Business and Professions Code.

                            As you can clearly read, as long as the registered owner, lessor or lessee
                            of the vehicle approves of the device being installed it is very legal in
                            California to use such a device. This would cover a parent using the device
                            to track their child when the child was in the parent's car. (Or I would say
                            a spouse to have another spouse tracked, but beware, Penal codes are one
                            thing, there could be a court decision that has modified this)

                            The other typical uses would be to help ensure the safety of your employees.
                            Then the device is carried with the consent and permission of the employee.
                            (Even if as a condition of employment)

                            I agree that if you planted one of these cell phones in someone's clothing
                            without permission, you would be committing a misdemeanor.

                            Blanket statements do not help anyone in this business. As some would say,
                            "Guns don't kill people, People kill people". Whatever tool or technique you
                            choose to use, use the technique/tool wisely and lawfully.

                            I do not have the expertise in Texas law to know if that blanket statement
                            is true or not. If your in Texas, I guess you should research your law and
                            be sure you are compliant prior to any action (s) you may take.

                            list@... <mailto:list%40cispi.net> writes:

                            Be careful, that is illegal in Texas unless the person being tracked is the
                            actual owner that signed up for the service.

                            Same here in CA.

                            ________________________

                            _www.sarkispi.com_ (http://www.sarkispi <http://www.sarkispi.com/> .com/)

                            818-246-3001 FAX

                            "one Nation under God"

                            a military veteran

                            (http://travel.
                            <http://travel.aol.com/travel-guide/united-states?ncid=aoltrv00030000000016>
                            aol.com/travel-guide/united-states?ncid=aoltrv00030000000016)

                            Message 13 of 21 , Apr 4, 2008
                              Tom -

                              I agree after re-reading what Brian of TX wrote at least as far as CA is
                              concerned. Brian of TX wrote, "Be careful, that is illegal in Texas unless the
                              person being tracked is the actual owner that signed up for the service." and
                              then I said, "Same here in CA". I would venture to guess, however, that
                              Brian meant it the way I misread it.

                              It is true that the REGISTERED owner of the vehicle (which is different from
                              the legal owner) is the one who authorizes in CA. However, I strongly
                              suggest you consult with an attorney before attempting to do so with a spouse.

                              ________________________

                              818-246-3001 FAX

                              "one Nation under God"

                              a military veteran

                            • jose saavedra arias

                                Message 15 of 21 , Apr 6, 2008
                                  First and foremost, if you do anything based on my opinion, your nuts. With
                                  that said, and this is more a statement of how the courts and legislature
                                  are having trouble keeping up with technology. Here is the cut and past of
                                  Texas law.

                                  § 16.06. UNLAWFUL INSTALLATION OF TRACKING
                                  <http://tlo2.tlc.state.tx.us/cgi-bin/cqcgi?CQ_SESSION_KEY=ASAMDFLHYJEZ&CQ_QU
                                  ERY_HANDLE=125793&CQ_CUR_DOCUMENT=43&CQ_TLO_DOC_TEXT=YES#HIT0002> [0]
                                  <http://tlo2.tlc.state.tx.us/cgi-bin/cqcgi?CQ_SESSION_KEY=ASAMDFLHYJEZ&CQ_QU
                                  ERY_HANDLE=125793&CQ_CUR_DOCUMENT=43&CQ_TLO_DOC_TEXT=YES#HIT0000> DEVICE.
                                  (a) In this section:
                                  (1) "Electronic or mechanical tracking
                                  <http://tlo2.tlc.state.tx.us/cgi-bin/cqcgi?CQ_SESSION_KEY=ASAMDFLHYJEZ&CQ_QU
                                  ERY_HANDLE=125793&CQ_CUR_DOCUMENT=43&CQ_TLO_DOC_TEXT=YES#HIT0003> [0]
                                  <http://tlo2.tlc.state.tx.us/cgi-bin/cqcgi?CQ_SESSION_KEY=ASAMDFLHYJEZ&CQ_QU
                                  ERY_HANDLE=125793&CQ_CUR_DOCUMENT=43&CQ_TLO_DOC_TEXT=YES#HIT0001> device"
                                  means a
                                  device capable of emitting an electronic frequency or other signal
                                  that may be used by a person to identify, monitor, or record the
                                  location of another person or object.
                                  (2) "Motor vehicle" has the meaning assigned by
                                  Section 501.002, Transportation Code.
                                  (b) A person commits an offense if the person knowingly
                                  installs an electronic or mechanical tracking
                                  <http://tlo2.tlc.state.tx.us/cgi-bin/cqcgi?CQ_SESSION_KEY=ASAMDFLHYJEZ&CQ_QU
                                  ERY_HANDLE=125793&CQ_CUR_DOCUMENT=43&CQ_TLO_DOC_TEXT=YES#HIT0004> [0]
                                  <http://tlo2.tlc.state.tx.us/cgi-bin/cqcgi?CQ_SESSION_KEY=ASAMDFLHYJEZ&CQ_QU
                                  ERY_HANDLE=125793&CQ_CUR_DOCUMENT=43&CQ_TLO_DOC_TEXT=YES#HIT0002> device on
                                  a motor
                                  vehicle owned or leased by another person.

                                  Note that this statute only states that the “installation” of a device is
                                  illegal. In the past, such devices had to be hard wired onto the vehicle.
                                  With advancing technology this is no longer required.

                                  Again this post is not meant to start a “well I think” discussion. It is
                                  just meant to point out that careful reading of statutes and then searching
                                  for court decisions (which I have NOT done as to Texas) is a critical point.
                                  I also see nothing that would not allow the owner/lessee of a vehicle to
                                  install a device and then have an employee or other person drive the
                                  vehicle.

                                  I also would never recommend that anyone break any law. The more important
                                  reasons I see for the tracking device is for safety and the management of
                                  your employees. I forgot to mention in my first post that tracking can be
                                  easily turned on and off. This feature allows the tracking cell phone to be
                                  used as a time clock for your employees, and if you felt necessary, for an
                                  unproven sub.

                                  From: infoguys-list@ <mailto:infoguys-list%40yahoogroups.com>
                                  yahoogroups.com [mailto:infoguys-list@

                                  tom@... <mailto:tom%40gohtci.com> <mailto:tom%40gohtci.com> so that

                                  Message 16 of 21 , Apr 6, 2008
                                    The last PI that put a battery operated tracking device on a vehicle that I
                                    know about, was a Dallas PI. He got prosecuted because the definition on
                                    install doesn't mean you have to hard wire it.
                                    He affixed it to the vehicle.
                                    He also lost his license.
                                    Brian

                                    _____

                                    Message 17 of 21 , Apr 6, 2008
                                      Brian

                                      Just to be clear. This PI ad permission of the owner to attach the device,
                                      however the owner was not the driver and that caused his conviction? If
                                      possible, could you provide the name of the PI so that I could research the
                                      facts of the case?

                                      Thanks in advance

                                      Tom Eskridge
                                      Chief Operations Officer
                                      High Tech Crime Institute Inch

                                      From: infoguys-list@ <mailto:infoguys-list%40yahoogroups.com>

                                      Message 18 of 21 , Apr 6, 2008
                                        Nope, I don't think that was it. I believe the subject's employer hired the
                                        PI and to trace her, he put in the GPS.
                                        I understand what you are saying and I'm not trying to make out like there
                                        is never a need or legitimate reason to have a GPS device, you just have to
                                        be careful.
                                        They are looking quite down on it here.

                                        From: infoguys-list@ <mailto:infoguys-list%40yahoogroups.com>

                                        Message 19 of 21 , Apr 6, 2008
                                          Brian -

                                          Did the subject's employer have the PI GPS a company car or the subject's
                                          car?

                                          ________________________

                                          818-246-3001 FAX

                                          "one Nation under God"

                                          a military veteran

                                        • Thomas Eskridge
                                          Message 20 of 21 , Apr 6, 2008
                                            Good, that sounds like a case of a third party placing a device on someone’s
                                            car without the permission of the owner or occupant.

                                            That is different than your original post.

                                            I could well understand how if someone put a GPS on someone’s car without
                                            permission of the owner of THAT car or the occupant of that vehicle it would
                                            be illegal, immoral and generally not very smart.

                                            From: infoguys-list@ <mailto:infoguys-list%40yahoogroups.com>

                                            Message 21 of 21 , Apr 6, 2008
                                              personal car

                                              _____