fell off table

  • Jurydoctor@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 1, 2008
      I am way late on this thread but am responding only to the post which seems
      to minimize the role of parents in their children's educational success.

      I nave been on a large (72 schools, 44,000 students) School Board. And I
      have also been a mentor for some of the emotionally disturbed students in that
      district. Trust me. For the most part, it is the parents, and the
      home-life, which is the root of poor school performance.

      2050827?NCID=aolcmp00300000002598)

    • Glad4JC@aol.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 2, 2008
        In a message dated 3/1/2008 4:57:07 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
        Jurydoctor@... writes:

        I am way late on this thread but am responding only to the post which seems
        to minimize the role of parents in their children's educational success.

        I nave been on a large (72 schools, 44,000 students) School Board. And I
        have also been a mentor for some of the emotionally disturbed students in
        that
        district. Trust me. For the most part, it is the parents, and the
        home-life, which is the root of poor school performance.

        I am sad to hear this. What do you think from your perspective is the cause?

        Gladys Brierley
        PO Box 872
        Newton, MS 39345
        cell 601-480-3181
        bus & fax 601-683-0508
        Newton County Business License #1499
        _www.freewebs.com/glad4jc _ (http://www.freewebs.com/glad4jc)
        _www.myspace.com/mississippiinvestigator _
        (http://www.myspace.com/mississippiinvestigator) _MississippiPrivateInvestigators : MISSISSIPPI PRIVATE
        INVESTIGATORS_
        (http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/MississippiPrivateInvestigators/?yguid=8099974)

        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 3, 2008
          In a message dated 3/3/2008 5:40:42 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
          infoguys-list@yahoogroups.com writes:

          I am sad to hear this. What do you think from your perspective is the
          cause?

          I am a rules and regulations kind of person. It is the first thing I look
          for. When it is not there I find fault.
          I do not understand how the parent's could be at fault for this. It is
          either a freak accident or it is not.

          When interning (a million years ago) I worked at UCP. No one ever fell off
          the table...
          With my kids, (neices, nephews etc etc) and, ofcourse, precious grandchild
          no one fell off the table. Why?
          I did what I was supposed to. I used the restraints provided on the changing
          table.

          Amy

          PS a great book , for those of us investigating or working on civil cases:
          Rules of the Road by Pat Malone and Rick Freedman.