Re: [infoguys-list] Re: CP patient fell off the table: amount

  • Glad4JC@aol.com
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 29, 2008
      Hi Sue,

      I understand it makes sense. For your reference, I know the special ed
      teacher here does have her hands full. I lived in So Cal for 9 years and two of
      our daughters are products of the LA School district for some years, they
      miserably failed both of them until I became their step mom and forced their
      hand to do an IEP for each but the damage was done. When I got them they were
      being pushed through each grade and they were four years behind in reading. I
      know all about the Orange County school district as well, I could tell
      everyone nightmare stories. I eventually pulled them out, did home schooling and
      then private boarding school where they finally achieved success.

      I hear what you are saying about the situation with the various diagnosis.
      I actually was under the false impression initially that this was a special
      school for disabled children.

      At any rate I am not law suit happy but if more parents did hold the public
      school systems more accountable instead of the other way around, meaning the
      school dictating to the parents, maybe we could solve some of the overwhelming
      situations that teachers face if parents had more control instead of
      unions. JMHO

      Gladys Brierley
      PO Box 872
      Newton, MS 39345