[infoguys-list] Re: HELP

  • Snaf001@aol.com
    Message 1 of 27 , Feb 3, 2000
      Mike a little friendly advice this is not a do it yourself deal. Hire A PRO
      This could blow up in your face pal. A good PI with the right equipment
      will find this little bug in about 30 sec. You would not be the first guy
      taken down with false evidence. Get a pro Mike.
      Ron Schulte
    • Lee Smallwood
      Message 2 of 27 , Feb 3, 2000
        MIKE, TAKE RON'S ADVISE . HIRE A PRO, I HAVE BEEN IN THIS BUSINESS 35 YRS. LAST
        YEAR, AFTER DRIVING ME CRAZY FOR 3 WEEKS I HIRED A PRO, HE FOUND TWO , ONE IN
        EACH SPEAKER IN THE DOORS. LEE S.

        Snaf001@... wrote:

        > Mike a little friendly advice this is not a do it yourself deal. Hire A PRO
        > This could blow up in your face pal. A good PI with the right equipment
        > will find this little bug in about 30 sec. You would not be the first guy
        > taken down with false evidence. Get a pro Mike.
        > Ron Schulte

        > Give sexy jewelry with passion by Feb. 8th
        > Receive a FREE Gift & FREE Ground shipping
        > Bodyflash.com

        > -- http://www.egroups.com/docvault/infoguys-list/?m=1
      • Chester Reed
        Message 3 of 27 , Apr 21, 2000
          Can someone repost how to clean outlook express and my computer from
          the KAK worm. Please be very detailed as I am not a computer expert.

          Thanks.

          Chester Reed
          K & C Process Servers
          214 Kingswood Ct.
          Lyndhurst Va. 22952
          540-949-8710

          Process Service For Western Virginia.
          Message 4 of 27 , Mar 27, 2011
            Dear Colleagues:

            I am going crazy trying to find a CA code that I know exists unless it has
            been taken off the books. I have all 58 codes in my computer and I have
            tried every search function imaginable short of individual word searches
            which would prove too time consuming.

            I've even googled and came up with sites that clearly say, "the (CA) law
            now states that a private investigator must clearly identify themselves as a
            defense investigator". However, I cannot find the code site.

            Thanks a bunch.

            ________________________

            thank a military veteran

          • oracleintl@aol.com
            Message 5 of 27 , Mar 27, 2011
              Hi Sue,

              Since I couldn't find a statute either (I have CA on Lexis) I checked CA
              cases for some case law that might say that - no luck.

              Sorry

              Bill

              In a message dated 3/27/2011 5:14:12 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
              suesarkis@... writes:

              Dear Colleagues:

              I am going crazy trying to find a CA code that I know exists unless it has
              been taken off the books. I have all 58 codes in my computer and I have
              tried every search function imaginable short of individual word searches
              which would prove too time consuming.

              I've even googled and came up with sites that clearly say, "the (CA) law
              now states that a private investigator must clearly identify themselves as
              defense investigator". However, I cannot find the code site.

              Thanks a bunch.

              ________________________

              _www.sarkispi.com_ (_http://www.sarkispi.com/_ (http://www.sarkispi.com/) )

              thank a military veteran

            • SComando
              Message 6 of 27 , Mar 27, 2011
                Sue,

                As Follow Up To My Last Message, California Business and Profession Code Section 7520 and 7520.1...Refer to the Licensing of Individuals as Private Investigators.

                The Last Line of B&P Code Section 7529...States....."Every person, while engaged in any activity for which licensure is required, shall display his or her valid pocket card as provided by regulation."

                7529. Upon the issuance of a license, a pocket card of the size,
                design, and content as may be determined by the director shall be
                issued by the bureau to each licensee, if an individual, or if the
                licensee is a person other than an individual, to its manager and to
                each of its officers and partners. The pocket card is evidence that
                the licensee is licensed pursuant to this chapter. The card shall
                contain the signature of the licensee, signature of the chief, and a
                photograph of the licensee, or bearer of the card, if the licensee is
                other than an individual. The card shall clearly state that the
                person is licensed as a private investigator or is the manager or
                officer of the licensee. The pocket card is to be composed of a
                durable material and may incorporate technologically advanced
                security features. The bureau may charge a fee sufficient to
                reimburse the department's costs for furnishing the pocket card. The
                fee charged may not exceed the actual direct costs for system
                development, maintenance, and processing necessary to provide this
                service, and may not exceed sixteen dollars ($16). When a person to
                whom a card is issued terminates his or her position, office, or
                association with the licensee, the card shall be surrendered to the
                licensee and within five days thereafter shall be mailed or delivered
                by the licensee to the bureau for cancellation. Every person, while
                engaged in any activity for which licensure is required, shall
                display his or her valid pocket card as provided by regulation.

                Sincerely;
                Stephen A. Comando
                S. A. Comando Private Investigations
                5009 Nautilus Street, # 2
                Oxnard, CA 93035
                License Number: PI 17925

                Telephone: (805) 985 1410
                Mobile: (805) 717 3773
                S.Comando@...

                *The information contained in this electronic message may contain information protected by attorney/client and/or the attorney/client work product privileges. It is intended only for the use of the individual(s) named and the privileges are not waived by virtue of this having been sent electronically. If the person actually receiving this electronic message is not the named recipient, any use, dissemination, distribution or copying of the communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please delete immediately from your system.

                Message 7 of 27 , Mar 27, 2011
                  Bill -

                  I just approved post from a member. I originally hadn't but rather
                  replied privately. However, your post made me realize that everyone can benefit.

                  Sue

                  _suesarkis@..._ (mailto:suesarkis@...) writes:

                  Dear Colleagues:

                  I am going crazy trying to find a CA code that I know exists unless it has
                  been taken off the books. I have all 58 codes in my computer and I have
                  tried every search function imaginable short of individual word searches
                  which would prove too time consuming.

                  I've even googled and came up with sites that clearly say, "the (CA) law
                  now states that a private investigator must clearly identify themselves as
                  defense investigator". However, I cannot find the code site.

                  Thanks a bunch.

                  ________________________

                  _www.sarkispi.com_ (__http://www.sarkispi.com/__
                  (http://www.sarkispi.com/_) (_http://www.sarkispi.com/_ (http://www.sarkispi.com/) ) )

                  thank a military veteran

                  Message 8 of 27 , Mar 27, 2011
                    Stephen -

                    Well, so be it for me and my moderating. LOL It appeared as if you had
                    sent duplicate messages so I only approved one of them.

                    Folks, Stephen so nicely provided the following which I responded privately
                    to and then erased without thinking. Now, before anyone goes jumping down
                    my throat this is the very first time in all of my years of moderating
                    that I've made such a mistake. I just took it as a personal response,
                    responded privately and, oh well..... Here's what he sent.

                    PEN ยง1054.8. (a) No prosecuting attorney, attorney for the defendant, or
                    investigator for either the prosecution or the defendant shall interview,
                    question, or speak to a victim or witness whose name has been disclosed by
                    the opposing party pursuant to Section 1054.1 or 1054.3 without first clearly
                    identifying himself or herself, identifying the full name of the agency by
                    whom he or she is employed, and identifying whether he or she represents,
                    or has been retained by, the prosecution or the defendant. If the
                    interview takes place in person, the party shall also show the victim or witness a
                    business card, official badge, or other form of official identification
                    before commencing the interview or questioning.
                    (b) Upon a showing that a person has failed to comply with this section, a
                    court may issue any order authorized by Section 1054.5.

                    Now, in regard to the PI Act. The only regulation that I am aware of in
                    regard to our pocket ID card is that it must be shown to when asked to be
                    seen. For instance, law enforcement when they need to verify our licensure
                    status for things such as inmate visits, etc. If you are aware of any other
                    regulation as indicated in the section provided, please so inform.

                    Sincerely,

                    _S.Comando@..._ (mailto:S.Comando@...)

                  • oracleintl@aol.com
                    Message 9 of 27 , Mar 27, 2011
                      Kudos to Stephen Comando - that must be what Sue was looking for.

                      While the inference is obvious, and I could see how that could be
                      construed to mean that a PI must, "clearly identify themselves as a defense
                      investigator," the statute doesn't actually say that - which is why I couldn't
                      find it trying to use key words.

                      Sometimes, I guess we just gotta have folks who know where things are!

                      Bill