[infoguys-list] Re: HELP

  • JPH3190@aol.com
    Message 1 of 27 , Feb 2, 2000
      Is your car a 98,99 or 2000 GM Car, upper price range? These are capable of
      having a factory install added later,, at some $exspense. Aftermarket units
      like MobyTRAC can be installed anywhere inside or in a seat ( done that ).
      The wires are the give away. The Carrier signal depends on whose unit and
      thus what is the frequency. It may not even be on ( sending signal ) always,
      they can be configured to send in bursts only when new info (vehicle is
      moving ). If a Debugging expert is to expensive, ( radio shack pocket toys
      won't be certain ),sell the car!

      John P. Hilderbrand, Sr.
      North Bethesda, MD
    • Snaf001@aol.com
      Message 2 of 27 , Feb 3, 2000
        Mike a little friendly advice this is not a do it yourself deal. Hire A PRO
        This could blow up in your face pal. A good PI with the right equipment
        will find this little bug in about 30 sec. You would not be the first guy
        taken down with false evidence. Get a pro Mike.
        Ron Schulte
      • Lee Smallwood
        Message 3 of 27 , Feb 3, 2000
          MIKE, TAKE RON'S ADVISE . HIRE A PRO, I HAVE BEEN IN THIS BUSINESS 35 YRS. LAST
          YEAR, AFTER DRIVING ME CRAZY FOR 3 WEEKS I HIRED A PRO, HE FOUND TWO , ONE IN
          EACH SPEAKER IN THE DOORS. LEE S.

          Snaf001@... wrote:

          > Mike a little friendly advice this is not a do it yourself deal. Hire A PRO
          > This could blow up in your face pal. A good PI with the right equipment
          > will find this little bug in about 30 sec. You would not be the first guy
          > taken down with false evidence. Get a pro Mike.
          > Ron Schulte

          > Give sexy jewelry with passion by Feb. 8th
          > Receive a FREE Gift & FREE Ground shipping
          > Bodyflash.com

          > -- http://www.egroups.com/docvault/infoguys-list/?m=1
        • Chester Reed
          Message 4 of 27 , Apr 21, 2000
            Can someone repost how to clean outlook express and my computer from
            the KAK worm. Please be very detailed as I am not a computer expert.

            Thanks.

            Chester Reed
            K & C Process Servers
            214 Kingswood Ct.
            Lyndhurst Va. 22952
            540-949-8710

            Process Service For Western Virginia.
            Message 5 of 27 , Mar 27, 2011
              Dear Colleagues:

              I am going crazy trying to find a CA code that I know exists unless it has
              been taken off the books. I have all 58 codes in my computer and I have
              tried every search function imaginable short of individual word searches
              which would prove too time consuming.

              I've even googled and came up with sites that clearly say, "the (CA) law
              now states that a private investigator must clearly identify themselves as a
              defense investigator". However, I cannot find the code site.

              Thanks a bunch.

              ________________________

              thank a military veteran

            • oracleintl@aol.com
              Message 6 of 27 , Mar 27, 2011
                Hi Sue,

                Since I couldn't find a statute either (I have CA on Lexis) I checked CA
                cases for some case law that might say that - no luck.

                Sorry

                Bill

                In a message dated 3/27/2011 5:14:12 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
                suesarkis@... writes:

                Dear Colleagues:

                I am going crazy trying to find a CA code that I know exists unless it has
                been taken off the books. I have all 58 codes in my computer and I have
                tried every search function imaginable short of individual word searches
                which would prove too time consuming.

                I've even googled and came up with sites that clearly say, "the (CA) law
                now states that a private investigator must clearly identify themselves as
                defense investigator". However, I cannot find the code site.

                Thanks a bunch.

                ________________________

                _www.sarkispi.com_ (_http://www.sarkispi.com/_ (http://www.sarkispi.com/) )

                thank a military veteran

              • SComando
                Message 7 of 27 , Mar 27, 2011
                  Sue,

                  As Follow Up To My Last Message, California Business and Profession Code Section 7520 and 7520.1...Refer to the Licensing of Individuals as Private Investigators.

                  The Last Line of B&P Code Section 7529...States....."Every person, while engaged in any activity for which licensure is required, shall display his or her valid pocket card as provided by regulation."

                  7529. Upon the issuance of a license, a pocket card of the size,
                  design, and content as may be determined by the director shall be
                  issued by the bureau to each licensee, if an individual, or if the
                  licensee is a person other than an individual, to its manager and to
                  each of its officers and partners. The pocket card is evidence that
                  the licensee is licensed pursuant to this chapter. The card shall
                  contain the signature of the licensee, signature of the chief, and a
                  photograph of the licensee, or bearer of the card, if the licensee is
                  other than an individual. The card shall clearly state that the
                  person is licensed as a private investigator or is the manager or
                  officer of the licensee. The pocket card is to be composed of a
                  durable material and may incorporate technologically advanced
                  security features. The bureau may charge a fee sufficient to
                  reimburse the department's costs for furnishing the pocket card. The
                  fee charged may not exceed the actual direct costs for system
                  development, maintenance, and processing necessary to provide this
                  service, and may not exceed sixteen dollars ($16). When a person to
                  whom a card is issued terminates his or her position, office, or
                  association with the licensee, the card shall be surrendered to the
                  licensee and within five days thereafter shall be mailed or delivered
                  by the licensee to the bureau for cancellation. Every person, while
                  engaged in any activity for which licensure is required, shall
                  display his or her valid pocket card as provided by regulation.

                  Sincerely;
                  Stephen A. Comando
                  S. A. Comando Private Investigations
                  5009 Nautilus Street, # 2
                  Oxnard, CA 93035
                  License Number: PI 17925

                  Telephone: (805) 985 1410
                  Mobile: (805) 717 3773
                  S.Comando@...

                  *The information contained in this electronic message may contain information protected by attorney/client and/or the attorney/client work product privileges. It is intended only for the use of the individual(s) named and the privileges are not waived by virtue of this having been sent electronically. If the person actually receiving this electronic message is not the named recipient, any use, dissemination, distribution or copying of the communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please delete immediately from your system.

                  Message 8 of 27 , Mar 27, 2011
                    Bill -

                    I just approved post from a member. I originally hadn't but rather
                    replied privately. However, your post made me realize that everyone can benefit.

                    Sue

                    _suesarkis@..._ (mailto:suesarkis@...) writes:

                    Dear Colleagues:

                    I am going crazy trying to find a CA code that I know exists unless it has
                    been taken off the books. I have all 58 codes in my computer and I have
                    tried every search function imaginable short of individual word searches
                    which would prove too time consuming.

                    I've even googled and came up with sites that clearly say, "the (CA) law
                    now states that a private investigator must clearly identify themselves as
                    defense investigator". However, I cannot find the code site.

                    Thanks a bunch.

                    ________________________

                    _www.sarkispi.com_ (__http://www.sarkispi.com/__
                    (http://www.sarkispi.com/_) (_http://www.sarkispi.com/_ (http://www.sarkispi.com/) ) )

                    thank a military veteran

                    Message 9 of 27 , Mar 27, 2011
                      Stephen -

                      Well, so be it for me and my moderating. LOL It appeared as if you had
                      sent duplicate messages so I only approved one of them.

                      Folks, Stephen so nicely provided the following which I responded privately
                      to and then erased without thinking. Now, before anyone goes jumping down
                      my throat this is the very first time in all of my years of moderating
                      that I've made such a mistake. I just took it as a personal response,
                      responded privately and, oh well..... Here's what he sent.

                      PEN ยง1054.8. (a) No prosecuting attorney, attorney for the defendant, or
                      investigator for either the prosecution or the defendant shall interview,
                      question, or speak to a victim or witness whose name has been disclosed by
                      the opposing party pursuant to Section 1054.1 or 1054.3 without first clearly
                      identifying himself or herself, identifying the full name of the agency by
                      whom he or she is employed, and identifying whether he or she represents,
                      or has been retained by, the prosecution or the defendant. If the
                      interview takes place in person, the party shall also show the victim or witness a
                      business card, official badge, or other form of official identification
                      before commencing the interview or questioning.
                      (b) Upon a showing that a person has failed to comply with this section, a
                      court may issue any order authorized by Section 1054.5.

                      Now, in regard to the PI Act. The only regulation that I am aware of in
                      regard to our pocket ID card is that it must be shown to when asked to be
                      seen. For instance, law enforcement when they need to verify our licensure
                      status for things such as inmate visits, etc. If you are aware of any other
                      regulation as indicated in the section provided, please so inform.

                      Sincerely,

                      _S.Comando@..._ (mailto:S.Comando@...)

                    • oracleintl@aol.com
                      Message 10 of 27 , Mar 27, 2011
                        Kudos to Stephen Comando - that must be what Sue was looking for.

                        While the inference is obvious, and I could see how that could be
                        construed to mean that a PI must, "clearly identify themselves as a defense
                        investigator," the statute doesn't actually say that - which is why I couldn't
                        find it trying to use key words.

                        Sometimes, I guess we just gotta have folks who know where things are!

                        Bill