malpractice

  • Jurydoctor@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 28, 2008
      In a message dated 1/28/2008 5:17:58 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
      infoguys-list@yahoogroups.com writes:

      Boy talk about mal-practice, here is a good one . I am a veteran and a
      government VA hospital had to remove my kidney because of that doctors ego
      wuld not
      listen to others about the tube she put in was contaminated. So I lost my
      kidney over it. I sued the government, won the tort and guess what, I can
      not
      receive my VA compensation from what their mistake was until the tort is
      paid
      back. In other words I sued myself. This government for some stupid reason
      calls it double dipping if I get what I feel I deserved. They ruined my
      life
      span and if one of my family members ever need a kidney I would not be able
      help them. But if I had sue what I would call a non-government doctor
      everything would have been just fine. I would receive my compensation
      without
      question. Does anybody but me see that this is way way wrong. Why should I
      have to
      pay the government back for screwing up my life because an ego maniach
      doctor
      would not listen to other doctors that she was wrong. Would appreciate all
      comments please.

      I do not think you can sue the gov't. But they have to provide care.
      It sucks.
      amy