[infoguys-list] Re: HELP

  • Michael Balakonis
    Message 1 of 27 , Feb 1, 2000
      John,
      Thanks for getting back to me regarding the GPS unit that has been planted
      in my car. My soon to be ex-wife had it installed to see if I have been
      hiding any assets. (I have not) She contracted some real professionals for
      this job, because I still can not locate the devise. What frequency range is
      the carrier signal? I am going to look around tail lights for the antenna.
      I appreciate any information you can provide.
      Sincerely,
      Mike Balakonis
      Message 2 of 27 , Feb 2, 2000
        thanks, mike
        From: Michael Balakonis <mb@...>
        To: infoguys-list@... <infoguys-list@...>
        Date: Monday, January 31, 2000 11:29 AM
        Subject: [infoguys-list] HELP

        Can anyone please tell me how I can find a GPS unit that has been hidden in my car?

        Michael Balakonis
        mb@...

        eGroups.com Home: http://www.egroups.com/group/infoguys-list

      • JPH3190@aol.com
        Message 3 of 27 , Feb 2, 2000
          Is your car a 98,99 or 2000 GM Car, upper price range? These are capable of
          having a factory install added later,, at some $exspense. Aftermarket units
          like MobyTRAC can be installed anywhere inside or in a seat ( done that ).
          The wires are the give away. The Carrier signal depends on whose unit and
          thus what is the frequency. It may not even be on ( sending signal ) always,
          they can be configured to send in bursts only when new info (vehicle is
          moving ). If a Debugging expert is to expensive, ( radio shack pocket toys
          won't be certain ),sell the car!

          John P. Hilderbrand, Sr.
          North Bethesda, MD
        • Snaf001@aol.com
          Message 4 of 27 , Feb 3, 2000
            Mike a little friendly advice this is not a do it yourself deal. Hire A PRO
            This could blow up in your face pal. A good PI with the right equipment
            will find this little bug in about 30 sec. You would not be the first guy
            taken down with false evidence. Get a pro Mike.
            Ron Schulte
          • Lee Smallwood
            Message 5 of 27 , Feb 3, 2000
              MIKE, TAKE RON'S ADVISE . HIRE A PRO, I HAVE BEEN IN THIS BUSINESS 35 YRS. LAST
              YEAR, AFTER DRIVING ME CRAZY FOR 3 WEEKS I HIRED A PRO, HE FOUND TWO , ONE IN
              EACH SPEAKER IN THE DOORS. LEE S.

              Snaf001@... wrote:

              > Mike a little friendly advice this is not a do it yourself deal. Hire A PRO
              > This could blow up in your face pal. A good PI with the right equipment
              > will find this little bug in about 30 sec. You would not be the first guy
              > taken down with false evidence. Get a pro Mike.
              > Ron Schulte

              > Give sexy jewelry with passion by Feb. 8th
              > Receive a FREE Gift & FREE Ground shipping
              > Bodyflash.com

              > -- http://www.egroups.com/docvault/infoguys-list/?m=1
            • Chester Reed
              Message 6 of 27 , Apr 21, 2000
                Can someone repost how to clean outlook express and my computer from
                the KAK worm. Please be very detailed as I am not a computer expert.

                Thanks.

                Chester Reed
                K & C Process Servers
                214 Kingswood Ct.
                Lyndhurst Va. 22952
                540-949-8710

                Process Service For Western Virginia.
                Message 7 of 27 , Mar 27, 2011
                  Dear Colleagues:

                  I am going crazy trying to find a CA code that I know exists unless it has
                  been taken off the books. I have all 58 codes in my computer and I have
                  tried every search function imaginable short of individual word searches
                  which would prove too time consuming.

                  I've even googled and came up with sites that clearly say, "the (CA) law
                  now states that a private investigator must clearly identify themselves as a
                  defense investigator". However, I cannot find the code site.

                  Thanks a bunch.

                  ________________________

                  thank a military veteran

                • oracleintl@aol.com
                  Message 8 of 27 , Mar 27, 2011
                    Hi Sue,

                    Since I couldn't find a statute either (I have CA on Lexis) I checked CA
                    cases for some case law that might say that - no luck.

                    Sorry

                    Bill

                    In a message dated 3/27/2011 5:14:12 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
                    suesarkis@... writes:

                    Dear Colleagues:

                    I am going crazy trying to find a CA code that I know exists unless it has
                    been taken off the books. I have all 58 codes in my computer and I have
                    tried every search function imaginable short of individual word searches
                    which would prove too time consuming.

                    I've even googled and came up with sites that clearly say, "the (CA) law
                    now states that a private investigator must clearly identify themselves as
                    defense investigator". However, I cannot find the code site.

                    Thanks a bunch.

                    ________________________

                    _www.sarkispi.com_ (_http://www.sarkispi.com/_ (http://www.sarkispi.com/) )

                    thank a military veteran

                  • SComando
                    Message 9 of 27 , Mar 27, 2011
                      Sue,

                      As Follow Up To My Last Message, California Business and Profession Code Section 7520 and 7520.1...Refer to the Licensing of Individuals as Private Investigators.

                      The Last Line of B&P Code Section 7529...States....."Every person, while engaged in any activity for which licensure is required, shall display his or her valid pocket card as provided by regulation."

                      7529. Upon the issuance of a license, a pocket card of the size,
                      design, and content as may be determined by the director shall be
                      issued by the bureau to each licensee, if an individual, or if the
                      licensee is a person other than an individual, to its manager and to
                      each of its officers and partners. The pocket card is evidence that
                      the licensee is licensed pursuant to this chapter. The card shall
                      contain the signature of the licensee, signature of the chief, and a
                      photograph of the licensee, or bearer of the card, if the licensee is
                      other than an individual. The card shall clearly state that the
                      person is licensed as a private investigator or is the manager or
                      officer of the licensee. The pocket card is to be composed of a
                      durable material and may incorporate technologically advanced
                      security features. The bureau may charge a fee sufficient to
                      reimburse the department's costs for furnishing the pocket card. The
                      fee charged may not exceed the actual direct costs for system
                      development, maintenance, and processing necessary to provide this
                      service, and may not exceed sixteen dollars ($16). When a person to
                      whom a card is issued terminates his or her position, office, or
                      association with the licensee, the card shall be surrendered to the
                      licensee and within five days thereafter shall be mailed or delivered
                      by the licensee to the bureau for cancellation. Every person, while
                      engaged in any activity for which licensure is required, shall
                      display his or her valid pocket card as provided by regulation.

                      Sincerely;
                      Stephen A. Comando
                      S. A. Comando Private Investigations
                      5009 Nautilus Street, # 2
                      Oxnard, CA 93035
                      License Number: PI 17925

                      Telephone: (805) 985 1410
                      Mobile: (805) 717 3773
                      S.Comando@...

                      *The information contained in this electronic message may contain information protected by attorney/client and/or the attorney/client work product privileges. It is intended only for the use of the individual(s) named and the privileges are not waived by virtue of this having been sent electronically. If the person actually receiving this electronic message is not the named recipient, any use, dissemination, distribution or copying of the communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please delete immediately from your system.

                      Message 10 of 27 , Mar 27, 2011
                        Bill -

                        I just approved post from a member. I originally hadn't but rather
                        replied privately. However, your post made me realize that everyone can benefit.

                        Sue

                        _suesarkis@..._ (mailto:suesarkis@...) writes:

                        Dear Colleagues:

                        I am going crazy trying to find a CA code that I know exists unless it has
                        been taken off the books. I have all 58 codes in my computer and I have
                        tried every search function imaginable short of individual word searches
                        which would prove too time consuming.

                        I've even googled and came up with sites that clearly say, "the (CA) law
                        now states that a private investigator must clearly identify themselves as
                        defense investigator". However, I cannot find the code site.

                        Thanks a bunch.

                        ________________________

                        _www.sarkispi.com_ (__http://www.sarkispi.com/__
                        (http://www.sarkispi.com/_) (_http://www.sarkispi.com/_ (http://www.sarkispi.com/) ) )

                        thank a military veteran

                        Message 11 of 27 , Mar 27, 2011
                          Stephen -

                          Well, so be it for me and my moderating. LOL It appeared as if you had
                          sent duplicate messages so I only approved one of them.

                          Folks, Stephen so nicely provided the following which I responded privately
                          to and then erased without thinking. Now, before anyone goes jumping down
                          my throat this is the very first time in all of my years of moderating
                          that I've made such a mistake. I just took it as a personal response,
                          responded privately and, oh well..... Here's what he sent.

                          PEN ยง1054.8. (a) No prosecuting attorney, attorney for the defendant, or
                          investigator for either the prosecution or the defendant shall interview,
                          question, or speak to a victim or witness whose name has been disclosed by
                          the opposing party pursuant to Section 1054.1 or 1054.3 without first clearly
                          identifying himself or herself, identifying the full name of the agency by
                          whom he or she is employed, and identifying whether he or she represents,
                          or has been retained by, the prosecution or the defendant. If the
                          interview takes place in person, the party shall also show the victim or witness a
                          business card, official badge, or other form of official identification
                          before commencing the interview or questioning.
                          (b) Upon a showing that a person has failed to comply with this section, a
                          court may issue any order authorized by Section 1054.5.

                          Now, in regard to the PI Act. The only regulation that I am aware of in
                          regard to our pocket ID card is that it must be shown to when asked to be
                          seen. For instance, law enforcement when they need to verify our licensure
                          status for things such as inmate visits, etc. If you are aware of any other
                          regulation as indicated in the section provided, please so inform.

                          Sincerely,

                          _S.Comando@..._ (mailto:S.Comando@...)

                        • oracleintl@aol.com
                          Message 12 of 27 , Mar 27, 2011
                            Kudos to Stephen Comando - that must be what Sue was looking for.

                            While the inference is obvious, and I could see how that could be
                            construed to mean that a PI must, "clearly identify themselves as a defense
                            investigator," the statute doesn't actually say that - which is why I couldn't
                            find it trying to use key words.

                            Sometimes, I guess we just gotta have folks who know where things are!

                            Bill