[infoguys-list] Re: HELP

  • Lee Smallwood
    Message 1 of 27 , Feb 1, 2000
      northeast of atlanta abouta hundred miles.................

      d-patton@... wrote:

      What part of GA?  We are down on the SE coast. Go to this link for equipment info.http://www.e-sell.com/e-sellpaladin/Store/prodinfo.asp?prodid=3231 You may want to consider hiring/sub-contracting the electronic surveillance work to be done. It is not quite as simple as the movies and TV shows portray it. Doug & DeWitt
      ----- Original Message ----- To: infoguys-list@egroups.comSent: Tuesday, February 01, 2000 10:11 AMSubject: [infoguys-list] Re: HELP
       I AM A PI IN GA. I AM IN NEED OF SOME COVERT EQUIPMENT.  WHERE CAN I FIND  A SMALL TRANSMITTER AND RECIEVER?  SEND INFO TO ME PERSONALLY AT EAGLE1@...

      Global Positioning system... used for tracking vehicles
      Date:Monday, January 31, 2000 11:29 AM
      Subject: [infoguys-list] HELP

      Can anyone please tell me how I can find a GPS unit that has been hidden in my car?

      Michael Balakonis
      mb@...

      eGroups.com Home: http://www.egroups.com/group/infoguys-list

      eGroups.com Home: http://www.egroups.com/group/infoguys-list

      eGroups.com Home: http://www.egroups.com/group/infoguys-list

      eGroups.com Home: http://www.egroups.com/group/infoguys-list

      eGroups.com Home: http://www.egroups.com/group/infoguys-list
    • Michael Balakonis
      Message 2 of 27 , Feb 1, 2000
        John,
        Thanks for getting back to me regarding the GPS unit that has been planted
        in my car. My soon to be ex-wife had it installed to see if I have been
        hiding any assets. (I have not) She contracted some real professionals for
        this job, because I still can not locate the devise. What frequency range is
        the carrier signal? I am going to look around tail lights for the antenna.
        I appreciate any information you can provide.
        Sincerely,
        Mike Balakonis
        Message 3 of 27 , Feb 1, 2000
          A simple radio direction will find it. You can try tuning a FM radio to a low
          FRG and slowly cover the car with it when it squeals that would one to check.
          How ever the best way is to start on the right hand forward bumper and slowly
          go over the car in by inch
          there are only 2 ways it must be battery power or in line 12 volt. The
          most important is to determine who and why it was installed. Amateur or pro?
          Then go from there. good luck
          Ron Schulte
        • Kent Conwell
          Message 4 of 27 , Feb 2, 2000
            thanks, mike

            Message 5 of 27 , Feb 2, 2000
              Is your car a 98,99 or 2000 GM Car, upper price range? These are capable of
              having a factory install added later,, at some $exspense. Aftermarket units
              like MobyTRAC can be installed anywhere inside or in a seat ( done that ).
              The wires are the give away. The Carrier signal depends on whose unit and
              thus what is the frequency. It may not even be on ( sending signal ) always,
              they can be configured to send in bursts only when new info (vehicle is
              moving ). If a Debugging expert is to expensive, ( radio shack pocket toys
              won't be certain ),sell the car!

              John P. Hilderbrand, Sr.
              North Bethesda, MD
            • Snaf001@aol.com
              Message 6 of 27 , Feb 3, 2000
                Mike a little friendly advice this is not a do it yourself deal. Hire A PRO
                This could blow up in your face pal. A good PI with the right equipment
                will find this little bug in about 30 sec. You would not be the first guy
                taken down with false evidence. Get a pro Mike.
                Ron Schulte
              • Lee Smallwood
                Message 7 of 27 , Feb 3, 2000
                  MIKE, TAKE RON'S ADVISE . HIRE A PRO, I HAVE BEEN IN THIS BUSINESS 35 YRS. LAST
                  YEAR, AFTER DRIVING ME CRAZY FOR 3 WEEKS I HIRED A PRO, HE FOUND TWO , ONE IN
                  EACH SPEAKER IN THE DOORS. LEE S.

                  Snaf001@... wrote:

                  > Mike a little friendly advice this is not a do it yourself deal. Hire A PRO
                  > This could blow up in your face pal. A good PI with the right equipment
                  > will find this little bug in about 30 sec. You would not be the first guy
                  > taken down with false evidence. Get a pro Mike.
                  > Ron Schulte

                  > Give sexy jewelry with passion by Feb. 8th
                  > Receive a FREE Gift & FREE Ground shipping
                  > Bodyflash.com

                  > -- http://www.egroups.com/docvault/infoguys-list/?m=1
                • Chester Reed
                  Message 8 of 27 , Apr 21, 2000
                    Can someone repost how to clean outlook express and my computer from
                    the KAK worm. Please be very detailed as I am not a computer expert.

                    Thanks.

                    Chester Reed
                    K & C Process Servers
                    214 Kingswood Ct.
                    Lyndhurst Va. 22952
                    540-949-8710

                    Process Service For Western Virginia.
                    Message 9 of 27 , Mar 27, 2011
                      Dear Colleagues:

                      I am going crazy trying to find a CA code that I know exists unless it has
                      been taken off the books. I have all 58 codes in my computer and I have
                      tried every search function imaginable short of individual word searches
                      which would prove too time consuming.

                      I've even googled and came up with sites that clearly say, "the (CA) law
                      now states that a private investigator must clearly identify themselves as a
                      defense investigator". However, I cannot find the code site.

                      Thanks a bunch.

                      ________________________

                      thank a military veteran

                    • oracleintl@aol.com
                      Message 10 of 27 , Mar 27, 2011
                        Hi Sue,

                        Since I couldn't find a statute either (I have CA on Lexis) I checked CA
                        cases for some case law that might say that - no luck.

                        Sorry

                        Bill

                        In a message dated 3/27/2011 5:14:12 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
                        suesarkis@... writes:

                        Dear Colleagues:

                        I am going crazy trying to find a CA code that I know exists unless it has
                        been taken off the books. I have all 58 codes in my computer and I have
                        tried every search function imaginable short of individual word searches
                        which would prove too time consuming.

                        I've even googled and came up with sites that clearly say, "the (CA) law
                        now states that a private investigator must clearly identify themselves as
                        defense investigator". However, I cannot find the code site.

                        Thanks a bunch.

                        ________________________

                        _www.sarkispi.com_ (_http://www.sarkispi.com/_ (http://www.sarkispi.com/) )

                        thank a military veteran

                      • SComando
                        Message 11 of 27 , Mar 27, 2011
                          Sue,

                          As Follow Up To My Last Message, California Business and Profession Code Section 7520 and 7520.1...Refer to the Licensing of Individuals as Private Investigators.

                          The Last Line of B&P Code Section 7529...States....."Every person, while engaged in any activity for which licensure is required, shall display his or her valid pocket card as provided by regulation."

                          7529. Upon the issuance of a license, a pocket card of the size,
                          design, and content as may be determined by the director shall be
                          issued by the bureau to each licensee, if an individual, or if the
                          licensee is a person other than an individual, to its manager and to
                          each of its officers and partners. The pocket card is evidence that
                          the licensee is licensed pursuant to this chapter. The card shall
                          contain the signature of the licensee, signature of the chief, and a
                          photograph of the licensee, or bearer of the card, if the licensee is
                          other than an individual. The card shall clearly state that the
                          person is licensed as a private investigator or is the manager or
                          officer of the licensee. The pocket card is to be composed of a
                          durable material and may incorporate technologically advanced
                          security features. The bureau may charge a fee sufficient to
                          reimburse the department's costs for furnishing the pocket card. The
                          fee charged may not exceed the actual direct costs for system
                          development, maintenance, and processing necessary to provide this
                          service, and may not exceed sixteen dollars ($16). When a person to
                          whom a card is issued terminates his or her position, office, or
                          association with the licensee, the card shall be surrendered to the
                          licensee and within five days thereafter shall be mailed or delivered
                          by the licensee to the bureau for cancellation. Every person, while
                          engaged in any activity for which licensure is required, shall
                          display his or her valid pocket card as provided by regulation.

                          Sincerely;
                          Stephen A. Comando
                          S. A. Comando Private Investigations
                          5009 Nautilus Street, # 2
                          Oxnard, CA 93035
                          License Number: PI 17925

                          Telephone: (805) 985 1410
                          Mobile: (805) 717 3773
                          S.Comando@...

                          *The information contained in this electronic message may contain information protected by attorney/client and/or the attorney/client work product privileges. It is intended only for the use of the individual(s) named and the privileges are not waived by virtue of this having been sent electronically. If the person actually receiving this electronic message is not the named recipient, any use, dissemination, distribution or copying of the communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please delete immediately from your system.

                          Message 12 of 27 , Mar 27, 2011
                            Bill -

                            I just approved post from a member. I originally hadn't but rather
                            replied privately. However, your post made me realize that everyone can benefit.

                            Sue

                            _suesarkis@..._ (mailto:suesarkis@...) writes:

                            Dear Colleagues:

                            I am going crazy trying to find a CA code that I know exists unless it has
                            been taken off the books. I have all 58 codes in my computer and I have
                            tried every search function imaginable short of individual word searches
                            which would prove too time consuming.

                            I've even googled and came up with sites that clearly say, "the (CA) law
                            now states that a private investigator must clearly identify themselves as
                            defense investigator". However, I cannot find the code site.

                            Thanks a bunch.

                            ________________________

                            _www.sarkispi.com_ (__http://www.sarkispi.com/__
                            (http://www.sarkispi.com/_) (_http://www.sarkispi.com/_ (http://www.sarkispi.com/) ) )

                            thank a military veteran

                            Message 13 of 27 , Mar 27, 2011
                              Stephen -

                              Well, so be it for me and my moderating. LOL It appeared as if you had
                              sent duplicate messages so I only approved one of them.

                              Folks, Stephen so nicely provided the following which I responded privately
                              to and then erased without thinking. Now, before anyone goes jumping down
                              my throat this is the very first time in all of my years of moderating
                              that I've made such a mistake. I just took it as a personal response,
                              responded privately and, oh well..... Here's what he sent.

                              PEN ยง1054.8. (a) No prosecuting attorney, attorney for the defendant, or
                              investigator for either the prosecution or the defendant shall interview,
                              question, or speak to a victim or witness whose name has been disclosed by
                              the opposing party pursuant to Section 1054.1 or 1054.3 without first clearly
                              identifying himself or herself, identifying the full name of the agency by
                              whom he or she is employed, and identifying whether he or she represents,
                              or has been retained by, the prosecution or the defendant. If the
                              interview takes place in person, the party shall also show the victim or witness a
                              business card, official badge, or other form of official identification
                              before commencing the interview or questioning.
                              (b) Upon a showing that a person has failed to comply with this section, a
                              court may issue any order authorized by Section 1054.5.

                              Now, in regard to the PI Act. The only regulation that I am aware of in
                              regard to our pocket ID card is that it must be shown to when asked to be
                              seen. For instance, law enforcement when they need to verify our licensure
                              status for things such as inmate visits, etc. If you are aware of any other
                              regulation as indicated in the section provided, please so inform.

                              Sincerely,

                              _S.Comando@..._ (mailto:S.Comando@...)

                            • oracleintl@aol.com
                              Message 14 of 27 , Mar 27, 2011
                                Kudos to Stephen Comando - that must be what Sue was looking for.

                                While the inference is obvious, and I could see how that could be
                                construed to mean that a PI must, "clearly identify themselves as a defense
                                investigator," the statute doesn't actually say that - which is why I couldn't
                                find it trying to use key words.

                                Sometimes, I guess we just gotta have folks who know where things are!

                                Bill