[infoguys-list] Re: HELP

  • Mike
    Message 1 of 27 , Feb 1, 2000
      Global Positioning system... used for tracking vehicles
      From: Michael Balakonis <mb@...>
      To: infoguys-list@... <infoguys-list@...>
      Date: Monday, January 31, 2000 11:29 AM
      Subject:[infoguys-list] HELP

      Can anyone please tell me how I can find a GPS unit that has been hidden in my car?

      Michael Balakonis
      mb@...

      eGroups.com Home: http://www.egroups.com/group/infoguys-list

      eGroups.com Home: http://www.egroups.com/group/infoguys-list

    • Lee Smallwood
      Message 2 of 27 , Feb 1, 2000
        I AM A PI IN GA. I AM IN NEED OF SOME COVERT EQUIPMENT.  WHERE CAN I FIND  A SMALL TRANSMITTER AND RECIEVER?  SEND INFO TO ME PERSONALLY AT EAGLE1@...

      • d-patton@mindspring.com
        Message 3 of 27 , Feb 1, 2000
          What part of GA?  We are down on the SE coast. Go to this link for equipment info.

          You may want to consider hiring/sub-contracting the electronic surveillance work to be done. It is not quite as simple as the movies and TV shows portray it.

          Doug & DeWitt

          Message 4 of 27 , Feb 1, 2000
            northeast of atlanta abouta hundred miles.................

            d-patton@... wrote:

            What part of GA?  We are down on the SE coast. Go to this link for equipment info.http://www.e-sell.com/e-sellpaladin/Store/prodinfo.asp?prodid=3231 You may want to consider hiring/sub-contracting the electronic surveillance work to be done. It is not quite as simple as the movies and TV shows portray it. Doug & DeWitt
            ----- Original Message ----- To: infoguys-list@egroups.comSent: Tuesday, February 01, 2000 10:11 AMSubject: [infoguys-list] Re: HELP

            Message 5 of 27 , Feb 1, 2000
              John,
              Thanks for getting back to me regarding the GPS unit that has been planted
              in my car. My soon to be ex-wife had it installed to see if I have been
              hiding any assets. (I have not) She contracted some real professionals for
              this job, because I still can not locate the devise. What frequency range is
              the carrier signal? I am going to look around tail lights for the antenna.
              I appreciate any information you can provide.
              Sincerely,
              Mike Balakonis
              Message 6 of 27 , Feb 1, 2000
                A simple radio direction will find it. You can try tuning a FM radio to a low
                FRG and slowly cover the car with it when it squeals that would one to check.
                How ever the best way is to start on the right hand forward bumper and slowly
                go over the car in by inch
                there are only 2 ways it must be battery power or in line 12 volt. The
                most important is to determine who and why it was installed. Amateur or pro?
                Then go from there. good luck
                Ron Schulte
              • Kent Conwell
                Message 7 of 27 , Feb 2, 2000
                  thanks, mike

                  Message 8 of 27 , Feb 2, 2000
                    Is your car a 98,99 or 2000 GM Car, upper price range? These are capable of
                    having a factory install added later,, at some $exspense. Aftermarket units
                    like MobyTRAC can be installed anywhere inside or in a seat ( done that ).
                    The wires are the give away. The Carrier signal depends on whose unit and
                    thus what is the frequency. It may not even be on ( sending signal ) always,
                    they can be configured to send in bursts only when new info (vehicle is
                    moving ). If a Debugging expert is to expensive, ( radio shack pocket toys
                    won't be certain ),sell the car!

                    John P. Hilderbrand, Sr.
                    North Bethesda, MD
                  • Snaf001@aol.com
                    Message 9 of 27 , Feb 3, 2000
                      Mike a little friendly advice this is not a do it yourself deal. Hire A PRO
                      This could blow up in your face pal. A good PI with the right equipment
                      will find this little bug in about 30 sec. You would not be the first guy
                      taken down with false evidence. Get a pro Mike.
                      Ron Schulte
                    • Lee Smallwood
                      Message 10 of 27 , Feb 3, 2000
                        MIKE, TAKE RON'S ADVISE . HIRE A PRO, I HAVE BEEN IN THIS BUSINESS 35 YRS. LAST
                        YEAR, AFTER DRIVING ME CRAZY FOR 3 WEEKS I HIRED A PRO, HE FOUND TWO , ONE IN
                        EACH SPEAKER IN THE DOORS. LEE S.

                        Snaf001@... wrote:

                        > Mike a little friendly advice this is not a do it yourself deal. Hire A PRO
                        > This could blow up in your face pal. A good PI with the right equipment
                        > will find this little bug in about 30 sec. You would not be the first guy
                        > taken down with false evidence. Get a pro Mike.
                        > Ron Schulte

                        > Give sexy jewelry with passion by Feb. 8th
                        > Receive a FREE Gift & FREE Ground shipping
                        > Bodyflash.com

                        > -- http://www.egroups.com/docvault/infoguys-list/?m=1
                      • Chester Reed
                        Message 11 of 27 , Apr 21, 2000
                          Can someone repost how to clean outlook express and my computer from
                          the KAK worm. Please be very detailed as I am not a computer expert.

                          Thanks.

                          Chester Reed
                          K & C Process Servers
                          214 Kingswood Ct.
                          Lyndhurst Va. 22952
                          540-949-8710

                          Process Service For Western Virginia.
                          Message 12 of 27 , Mar 27, 2011
                            Dear Colleagues:

                            I am going crazy trying to find a CA code that I know exists unless it has
                            been taken off the books. I have all 58 codes in my computer and I have
                            tried every search function imaginable short of individual word searches
                            which would prove too time consuming.

                            I've even googled and came up with sites that clearly say, "the (CA) law
                            now states that a private investigator must clearly identify themselves as a
                            defense investigator". However, I cannot find the code site.

                            Thanks a bunch.

                            ________________________

                            thank a military veteran

                          • oracleintl@aol.com
                            Message 13 of 27 , Mar 27, 2011
                              Hi Sue,

                              Since I couldn't find a statute either (I have CA on Lexis) I checked CA
                              cases for some case law that might say that - no luck.

                              Sorry

                              Bill

                              In a message dated 3/27/2011 5:14:12 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
                              suesarkis@... writes:

                              Dear Colleagues:

                              I am going crazy trying to find a CA code that I know exists unless it has
                              been taken off the books. I have all 58 codes in my computer and I have
                              tried every search function imaginable short of individual word searches
                              which would prove too time consuming.

                              I've even googled and came up with sites that clearly say, "the (CA) law
                              now states that a private investigator must clearly identify themselves as
                              defense investigator". However, I cannot find the code site.

                              Thanks a bunch.

                              ________________________

                              _www.sarkispi.com_ (_http://www.sarkispi.com/_ (http://www.sarkispi.com/) )

                              thank a military veteran

                            • SComando
                              Message 14 of 27 , Mar 27, 2011
                                Sue,

                                As Follow Up To My Last Message, California Business and Profession Code Section 7520 and 7520.1...Refer to the Licensing of Individuals as Private Investigators.

                                The Last Line of B&P Code Section 7529...States....."Every person, while engaged in any activity for which licensure is required, shall display his or her valid pocket card as provided by regulation."

                                7529. Upon the issuance of a license, a pocket card of the size,
                                design, and content as may be determined by the director shall be
                                issued by the bureau to each licensee, if an individual, or if the
                                licensee is a person other than an individual, to its manager and to
                                each of its officers and partners. The pocket card is evidence that
                                the licensee is licensed pursuant to this chapter. The card shall
                                contain the signature of the licensee, signature of the chief, and a
                                photograph of the licensee, or bearer of the card, if the licensee is
                                other than an individual. The card shall clearly state that the
                                person is licensed as a private investigator or is the manager or
                                officer of the licensee. The pocket card is to be composed of a
                                durable material and may incorporate technologically advanced
                                security features. The bureau may charge a fee sufficient to
                                reimburse the department's costs for furnishing the pocket card. The
                                fee charged may not exceed the actual direct costs for system
                                development, maintenance, and processing necessary to provide this
                                service, and may not exceed sixteen dollars ($16). When a person to
                                whom a card is issued terminates his or her position, office, or
                                association with the licensee, the card shall be surrendered to the
                                licensee and within five days thereafter shall be mailed or delivered
                                by the licensee to the bureau for cancellation. Every person, while
                                engaged in any activity for which licensure is required, shall
                                display his or her valid pocket card as provided by regulation.

                                Sincerely;
                                Stephen A. Comando
                                S. A. Comando Private Investigations
                                5009 Nautilus Street, # 2
                                Oxnard, CA 93035
                                License Number: PI 17925

                                Telephone: (805) 985 1410
                                Mobile: (805) 717 3773
                                S.Comando@...

                                *The information contained in this electronic message may contain information protected by attorney/client and/or the attorney/client work product privileges. It is intended only for the use of the individual(s) named and the privileges are not waived by virtue of this having been sent electronically. If the person actually receiving this electronic message is not the named recipient, any use, dissemination, distribution or copying of the communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please delete immediately from your system.

                                Message 15 of 27 , Mar 27, 2011
                                  Bill -

                                  I just approved post from a member. I originally hadn't but rather
                                  replied privately. However, your post made me realize that everyone can benefit.

                                  Sue

                                  _suesarkis@..._ (mailto:suesarkis@...) writes:

                                  Dear Colleagues:

                                  I am going crazy trying to find a CA code that I know exists unless it has
                                  been taken off the books. I have all 58 codes in my computer and I have
                                  tried every search function imaginable short of individual word searches
                                  which would prove too time consuming.

                                  I've even googled and came up with sites that clearly say, "the (CA) law
                                  now states that a private investigator must clearly identify themselves as
                                  defense investigator". However, I cannot find the code site.

                                  Thanks a bunch.

                                  ________________________

                                  _www.sarkispi.com_ (__http://www.sarkispi.com/__
                                  (http://www.sarkispi.com/_) (_http://www.sarkispi.com/_ (http://www.sarkispi.com/) ) )

                                  thank a military veteran

                                  Message 16 of 27 , Mar 27, 2011
                                    Stephen -

                                    Well, so be it for me and my moderating. LOL It appeared as if you had
                                    sent duplicate messages so I only approved one of them.

                                    Folks, Stephen so nicely provided the following which I responded privately
                                    to and then erased without thinking. Now, before anyone goes jumping down
                                    my throat this is the very first time in all of my years of moderating
                                    that I've made such a mistake. I just took it as a personal response,
                                    responded privately and, oh well..... Here's what he sent.

                                    PEN ยง1054.8. (a) No prosecuting attorney, attorney for the defendant, or
                                    investigator for either the prosecution or the defendant shall interview,
                                    question, or speak to a victim or witness whose name has been disclosed by
                                    the opposing party pursuant to Section 1054.1 or 1054.3 without first clearly
                                    identifying himself or herself, identifying the full name of the agency by
                                    whom he or she is employed, and identifying whether he or she represents,
                                    or has been retained by, the prosecution or the defendant. If the
                                    interview takes place in person, the party shall also show the victim or witness a
                                    business card, official badge, or other form of official identification
                                    before commencing the interview or questioning.
                                    (b) Upon a showing that a person has failed to comply with this section, a
                                    court may issue any order authorized by Section 1054.5.

                                    Now, in regard to the PI Act. The only regulation that I am aware of in
                                    regard to our pocket ID card is that it must be shown to when asked to be
                                    seen. For instance, law enforcement when they need to verify our licensure
                                    status for things such as inmate visits, etc. If you are aware of any other
                                    regulation as indicated in the section provided, please so inform.

                                    Sincerely,

                                    _S.Comando@..._ (mailto:S.Comando@...)

                                  • oracleintl@aol.com
                                    Message 17 of 27 , Mar 27, 2011
                                      Kudos to Stephen Comando - that must be what Sue was looking for.

                                      While the inference is obvious, and I could see how that could be
                                      construed to mean that a PI must, "clearly identify themselves as a defense
                                      investigator," the statute doesn't actually say that - which is why I couldn't
                                      find it trying to use key words.

                                      Sometimes, I guess we just gotta have folks who know where things are!

                                      Bill