[infoguys-list] Re: HELP

  • JPH3190@aol.com
    Message 1 of 27 , Feb 1, 2000
      Not all GPS units work alike. Some use a store and forward system others use
      a steady on. The GPS signal is not what your looking for. Look for the
      carrier signal.
      ( i.e., GPS in, Carrier signal out). Depends on what the unit maker is using.
      The most common is cellular. Cellular detection gear would find this.

      Our Unit, MobyTRAC, can use almost any band you got, Cellular UHF, VHF
      etc. The unit size also varies. MobyTRAC is the size of a car radio. Look for
      the GPS antenna. It may be under the dash if factory installed and hence hard
      to find. We have done covert installs and hidden the antenna in the tail
      lights and under the dash. GPS antenna should be 3 feet away from carrier
      antenna to cut interference. I would look for wiring that is not factory
      type, but nothing is certain. If this vehicle is employer owned don't fool
      with it. These things are expensive and if the signal fails, the boss would
      know what time it failed and who was assigned to drive.

      Many clients have asked for a unit to be mounted in an exterior box held
      underneath by magnets with a battery power source. It can be done but would
      run for only a couple of days. MobyTEL will not warrant such an install and
      doesn't recommend doing it.

      As to Battery interruption... The unit in my van is plugged in to the
      cigarette lighter. power interruption in this case is not affecting the
      battery.

      John P. Hilderbrand, Sr.
      Potomac Private Investigations
      and Authorized Distributor of MobyTEL products
      North Bethesda, MD
    • Kent Conwell
      Message 2 of 27 , Feb 1, 2000
        michael, i'm not a pi, only an interested reader of the group.  what is a gps?  thanks.  kent conwell
        Message 3 of 27 , Feb 1, 2000
          Global Positioning system... used for tracking vehicles

          Message 4 of 27 , Feb 1, 2000
            I AM A PI IN GA. I AM IN NEED OF SOME COVERT EQUIPMENT.  WHERE CAN I FIND  A SMALL TRANSMITTER AND RECIEVER?  SEND INFO TO ME PERSONALLY AT EAGLE1@...

          • d-patton@mindspring.com
            Message 5 of 27 , Feb 1, 2000
              What part of GA?  We are down on the SE coast. Go to this link for equipment info.

              You may want to consider hiring/sub-contracting the electronic surveillance work to be done. It is not quite as simple as the movies and TV shows portray it.

              Doug & DeWitt

              Message 6 of 27 , Feb 1, 2000
                northeast of atlanta abouta hundred miles.................

                d-patton@... wrote:

                What part of GA?  We are down on the SE coast. Go to this link for equipment info.http://www.e-sell.com/e-sellpaladin/Store/prodinfo.asp?prodid=3231 You may want to consider hiring/sub-contracting the electronic surveillance work to be done. It is not quite as simple as the movies and TV shows portray it. Doug & DeWitt
                ----- Original Message ----- To: infoguys-list@egroups.comSent: Tuesday, February 01, 2000 10:11 AMSubject: [infoguys-list] Re: HELP

                Message 7 of 27 , Feb 1, 2000
                  John,
                  Thanks for getting back to me regarding the GPS unit that has been planted
                  in my car. My soon to be ex-wife had it installed to see if I have been
                  hiding any assets. (I have not) She contracted some real professionals for
                  this job, because I still can not locate the devise. What frequency range is
                  the carrier signal? I am going to look around tail lights for the antenna.
                  I appreciate any information you can provide.
                  Sincerely,
                  Mike Balakonis

                • Snaf001@aol.com
                  Message 8 of 27 , Feb 1, 2000
                    A simple radio direction will find it. You can try tuning a FM radio to a low
                    FRG and slowly cover the car with it when it squeals that would one to check.
                    How ever the best way is to start on the right hand forward bumper and slowly
                    go over the car in by inch
                    there are only 2 ways it must be battery power or in line 12 volt. The
                    most important is to determine who and why it was installed. Amateur or pro?
                    Then go from there. good luck
                    Ron Schulte
                  • Kent Conwell
                    Message 9 of 27 , Feb 2, 2000
                      thanks, mike

                      Message 10 of 27 , Feb 2, 2000
                        Is your car a 98,99 or 2000 GM Car, upper price range? These are capable of
                        having a factory install added later,, at some $exspense. Aftermarket units
                        like MobyTRAC can be installed anywhere inside or in a seat ( done that ).
                        The wires are the give away. The Carrier signal depends on whose unit and
                        thus what is the frequency. It may not even be on ( sending signal ) always,
                        they can be configured to send in bursts only when new info (vehicle is
                        moving ). If a Debugging expert is to expensive, ( radio shack pocket toys
                        won't be certain ),sell the car!

                        John P. Hilderbrand, Sr.
                        North Bethesda, MD
                      • Snaf001@aol.com
                        Message 11 of 27 , Feb 3, 2000
                          Mike a little friendly advice this is not a do it yourself deal. Hire A PRO
                          This could blow up in your face pal. A good PI with the right equipment
                          will find this little bug in about 30 sec. You would not be the first guy
                          taken down with false evidence. Get a pro Mike.
                          Ron Schulte
                        • Lee Smallwood
                          Message 12 of 27 , Feb 3, 2000
                            MIKE, TAKE RON'S ADVISE . HIRE A PRO, I HAVE BEEN IN THIS BUSINESS 35 YRS. LAST
                            YEAR, AFTER DRIVING ME CRAZY FOR 3 WEEKS I HIRED A PRO, HE FOUND TWO , ONE IN
                            EACH SPEAKER IN THE DOORS. LEE S.

                            Snaf001@... wrote:

                            > Mike a little friendly advice this is not a do it yourself deal. Hire A PRO
                            > This could blow up in your face pal. A good PI with the right equipment
                            > will find this little bug in about 30 sec. You would not be the first guy
                            > taken down with false evidence. Get a pro Mike.
                            > Ron Schulte

                            > Give sexy jewelry with passion by Feb. 8th
                            > Receive a FREE Gift & FREE Ground shipping
                            > Bodyflash.com

                            > -- http://www.egroups.com/docvault/infoguys-list/?m=1
                          • Chester Reed
                            Message 13 of 27 , Apr 21, 2000
                              Can someone repost how to clean outlook express and my computer from
                              the KAK worm. Please be very detailed as I am not a computer expert.

                              Thanks.

                              Chester Reed
                              K & C Process Servers
                              214 Kingswood Ct.
                              Lyndhurst Va. 22952
                              540-949-8710

                              Process Service For Western Virginia.
                              Message 14 of 27 , Mar 27 2:13 PM
                                Dear Colleagues:

                                I am going crazy trying to find a CA code that I know exists unless it has
                                been taken off the books. I have all 58 codes in my computer and I have
                                tried every search function imaginable short of individual word searches
                                which would prove too time consuming.

                                I've even googled and came up with sites that clearly say, "the (CA) law
                                now states that a private investigator must clearly identify themselves as a
                                defense investigator". However, I cannot find the code site.

                                Thanks a bunch.

                                ________________________

                                thank a military veteran

                              • oracleintl@aol.com
                                Message 15 of 27 , Mar 27 3:35 PM
                                  Hi Sue,

                                  Since I couldn't find a statute either (I have CA on Lexis) I checked CA
                                  cases for some case law that might say that - no luck.

                                  Sorry

                                  Bill

                                  In a message dated 3/27/2011 5:14:12 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
                                  suesarkis@... writes:

                                  Dear Colleagues:

                                  I am going crazy trying to find a CA code that I know exists unless it has
                                  been taken off the books. I have all 58 codes in my computer and I have
                                  tried every search function imaginable short of individual word searches
                                  which would prove too time consuming.

                                  I've even googled and came up with sites that clearly say, "the (CA) law
                                  now states that a private investigator must clearly identify themselves as
                                  defense investigator". However, I cannot find the code site.

                                  Thanks a bunch.

                                  ________________________

                                  _www.sarkispi.com_ (_http://www.sarkispi.com/_ (http://www.sarkispi.com/) )

                                  thank a military veteran

                                • SComando
                                  Message 16 of 27 , Mar 27 3:53 PM
                                    Sue,

                                    As Follow Up To My Last Message, California Business and Profession Code Section 7520 and 7520.1...Refer to the Licensing of Individuals as Private Investigators.

                                    The Last Line of B&P Code Section 7529...States....."Every person, while engaged in any activity for which licensure is required, shall display his or her valid pocket card as provided by regulation."

                                    7529. Upon the issuance of a license, a pocket card of the size,
                                    design, and content as may be determined by the director shall be
                                    issued by the bureau to each licensee, if an individual, or if the
                                    licensee is a person other than an individual, to its manager and to
                                    each of its officers and partners. The pocket card is evidence that
                                    the licensee is licensed pursuant to this chapter. The card shall
                                    contain the signature of the licensee, signature of the chief, and a
                                    photograph of the licensee, or bearer of the card, if the licensee is
                                    other than an individual. The card shall clearly state that the
                                    person is licensed as a private investigator or is the manager or
                                    officer of the licensee. The pocket card is to be composed of a
                                    durable material and may incorporate technologically advanced
                                    security features. The bureau may charge a fee sufficient to
                                    reimburse the department's costs for furnishing the pocket card. The
                                    fee charged may not exceed the actual direct costs for system
                                    development, maintenance, and processing necessary to provide this
                                    service, and may not exceed sixteen dollars ($16). When a person to
                                    whom a card is issued terminates his or her position, office, or
                                    association with the licensee, the card shall be surrendered to the
                                    licensee and within five days thereafter shall be mailed or delivered
                                    by the licensee to the bureau for cancellation. Every person, while
                                    engaged in any activity for which licensure is required, shall
                                    display his or her valid pocket card as provided by regulation.

                                    Sincerely;
                                    Stephen A. Comando
                                    S. A. Comando Private Investigations
                                    5009 Nautilus Street, # 2
                                    Oxnard, CA 93035
                                    License Number: PI 17925

                                    Telephone: (805) 985 1410
                                    Mobile: (805) 717 3773
                                    S.Comando@...

                                    *The information contained in this electronic message may contain information protected by attorney/client and/or the attorney/client work product privileges. It is intended only for the use of the individual(s) named and the privileges are not waived by virtue of this having been sent electronically. If the person actually receiving this electronic message is not the named recipient, any use, dissemination, distribution or copying of the communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please delete immediately from your system.

                                    Message 17 of 27 , Mar 27 5:25 PM
                                      Bill -

                                      I just approved post from a member. I originally hadn't but rather
                                      replied privately. However, your post made me realize that everyone can benefit.

                                      Sue

                                      _suesarkis@..._ (mailto:suesarkis@...) writes:

                                      Dear Colleagues:

                                      I am going crazy trying to find a CA code that I know exists unless it has
                                      been taken off the books. I have all 58 codes in my computer and I have
                                      tried every search function imaginable short of individual word searches
                                      which would prove too time consuming.

                                      I've even googled and came up with sites that clearly say, "the (CA) law
                                      now states that a private investigator must clearly identify themselves as
                                      defense investigator". However, I cannot find the code site.

                                      Thanks a bunch.

                                      ________________________

                                      _www.sarkispi.com_ (__http://www.sarkispi.com/__
                                      (http://www.sarkispi.com/_) (_http://www.sarkispi.com/_ (http://www.sarkispi.com/) ) )

                                      thank a military veteran

                                      Message 18 of 27 , Mar 27 5:37 PM
                                        Stephen -

                                        Well, so be it for me and my moderating. LOL It appeared as if you had
                                        sent duplicate messages so I only approved one of them.

                                        Folks, Stephen so nicely provided the following which I responded privately
                                        to and then erased without thinking. Now, before anyone goes jumping down
                                        my throat this is the very first time in all of my years of moderating
                                        that I've made such a mistake. I just took it as a personal response,
                                        responded privately and, oh well..... Here's what he sent.

                                        PEN ยง1054.8. (a) No prosecuting attorney, attorney for the defendant, or
                                        investigator for either the prosecution or the defendant shall interview,
                                        question, or speak to a victim or witness whose name has been disclosed by
                                        the opposing party pursuant to Section 1054.1 or 1054.3 without first clearly
                                        identifying himself or herself, identifying the full name of the agency by
                                        whom he or she is employed, and identifying whether he or she represents,
                                        or has been retained by, the prosecution or the defendant. If the
                                        interview takes place in person, the party shall also show the victim or witness a
                                        business card, official badge, or other form of official identification
                                        before commencing the interview or questioning.
                                        (b) Upon a showing that a person has failed to comply with this section, a
                                        court may issue any order authorized by Section 1054.5.

                                        Now, in regard to the PI Act. The only regulation that I am aware of in
                                        regard to our pocket ID card is that it must be shown to when asked to be
                                        seen. For instance, law enforcement when they need to verify our licensure
                                        status for things such as inmate visits, etc. If you are aware of any other
                                        regulation as indicated in the section provided, please so inform.

                                        Sincerely,

                                        _S.Comando@..._ (mailto:S.Comando@...)

                                      • oracleintl@aol.com
                                        Message 19 of 27 , Mar 27 5:42 PM
                                          Kudos to Stephen Comando - that must be what Sue was looking for.

                                          While the inference is obvious, and I could see how that could be
                                          construed to mean that a PI must, "clearly identify themselves as a defense
                                          investigator," the statute doesn't actually say that - which is why I couldn't
                                          find it trying to use key words.

                                          Sometimes, I guess we just gotta have folks who know where things are!

                                          Bill