PI fees

  • Ettisch-Enchelmaier GmbH
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 2, 2007
      M. Ettisch-Enchelmaier, B.A., MSc., Geschäftsführung, President, CEO
      Ettisch-Enchelmaier GmbH, since 1972, HR# AG Ludwigshafen HRB 31454 GR
      Bodelschwinghstr. 9/67246 Dirmstein/Germany, VAT/Steuer# DE 148418921
      Tel. (+49 6238)989 098, Fax. (+49 6238)989099 + (+49 6238)1313
      Author of a PI book: http://www.pimall.com/nais/successfulpi.html
      http://ettisch.euro-detectives.org ISBN: 1-891247-59-X

      Hi!

      Mr. Hrodey's statement reminds me of a case I did albeit great competition
      by local PIs for a District Attorney in ..../Florida.

      I had to locate a witness in France, name and old address given. Not long
      after I had the new address and telephoned the DA that I had located the
      witness of an automobile accident in ..../Florida.

      He asked me what was my charge. I stated the fee which I thought was very
      reasonable, but I was in a good mood: weekend looming.

      He accepted readily, then as an afterthought he said: How long did it take
      you to find the witness?" I replied: "Do you know the TV attorney Matlock".
      "Yes" he answered and laughed. "Well", I uttered, "he is not paid by the
      hour but by his expertise". The DA laughed even lauder and said: "OK, OK,
      send me your report and bill."

      Nice weekend from Germany

      Re: Los Angeles, CA
      Posted by: "Bob Hrodey" rth@... rhrodey
      Date: Sat Dec 1, 2007 5:08 pm ((PST))

      <snip>
      I attended a meeting of the WI state association a number of years ago.
      One of the presenters was from the State Public Defenders office. I
      rarely do criminal defense work and would probably NEVER do it for the
      PD. At the time and this was probably less than nine years ago, they
      were discussing the problem with the state pd being slow to pay. They
      were paying these guys $18/hour and $0.21/mile in those days (by
      comparison, IIRC, I was billing $80/hour and $0.40 or $0.45/mile) and
      the rub was that they had to wait in excess of five months after
      submitting their bills and having them approved by the court to get
      their money.

      My solution was simple - take Nancy Reagan's advice and "Just say no!"

      <snip>
      Bob
      Hrodey & Associates Established 1977
      email: inquiry@... or rth@...
      Illinois License 115-000783 Wisconsin 8045-063