blindness-sue

  • Jurydoctor@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 24, 2007
      Will forward to the arbitrator to see if she knows.. you'll be the first to
      know.
      Thanks,
      amy

      I cannot find in favor of anyone without more details.

      How many levels did they operate on? My back surgery lasted over 20 hours
      although it was estimated to be 4 to 6. Things happen.

      What was her mean BP? The anesthesiologist, by rule of thumb, should try
      keep the BP around 70. What do the records show it was at?

      How was her head positioned? Did they use the foam pillow with the eye
      cutouts?

      Since I haven't been in an OR on the other end of the scalpel in a dog's
      age, I just spoke to 3 different O.R. nurse friends. Each of them said the
      same
      thing covering policy for Glendale Adventist Medical Center, Glendale
      Memorial Hospital and Verdugo Hills Medical Center and none of them conduct
      routine
      blood gas analysis during elective back surgery regardless of how long it
      takes unless a special problem arises such as dysrhythmia. This is
      probably
      just for training purposes.

      This is an elective surgery in a training facility. I'm certain there
      would
      always have been an M.D. in the room along with ancillary staff and they
      would be informed enough to know if something was going wrong. At least
      one
      would hope so.

      The only thing that truly needs to be tracked during such a surgery is the
      blood loss.

      Do you happen to know the answers to the questions?