Re: [infoguys-list] Quick Question...

    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 6, 2007
      Rick -

      I bill for portal to portal with exceptions.

      If flying out of the area, I bill for the time I leave my office to the time
      I complete the assignment. However, I do not bill for the sleep time. If
      there is only one flight to an area and it leaves at 8 am and arrives at 4 pm
      but the subject is not available until the next morning, I bill for a full 15
      hour work day and then whatever hours are required for the assignment and
      the return flight.

      However, if I truly know there will be dead time and I bring another case
      with me to fully review or even work telephonically, if possible, I do not
      double bill and the current case client will not be billed but rather the second
      client for actual work done while away.

      For that reason I always try to bring another case file or two with me to
      keep down the hours for client #1. Sometimes it is just not workable.

      In other words, if I am forced to be away from the office on a case, the
      case client pays the bill regardless of the hours. If I can do some fill-in
      billing on another case with legitimate work including a mere case review and
      some phone calls, I will do it. Once that work is over, the client #1 hours
      start again.

      I rambled but I think you get the idea.

      Glendale, CA 91207