Can I seek action against this woman?

  • tatillanaobskety
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 29 5:17 PM
      I am not sure if this is the right place to ask this question or not,
      but here goes. I am having serious problems with a woman from England.
      She has been harassing me since June. She emailed me and asked for
      some information, and I gave her the answers to her questions. (She
      believed that I had a cyber-affair with her husband) She then began to
      call me over and over, three times in 20 mins, each day, etc. I
      emailed her and told her to leave me alone, that I had given her the
      answers she was wondering about.

      In July I took a trip to England. She found out after I got back
      stateside. She believed that I had taken the trip to see her husband,
      which I had not. My husband came into the picture then. He and this
      woman got together and began emailing each other. She told him all the
      guesses she had about what had happened. She harassed her husband
      until he admitted to all kinds of things that didn't even happen.

      He joined a discussion group and she was there as well. I don't know
      if that was accidental or if it was planned or what. However, he gave
      a lot of personal information while he was on that discussion group.
      She used this information and any other information she had against
      me. She wrote a letter to my place of employment. I was suspended
      (with pay) for a week while they investigated the charges she claimed
      against me. I was then sent right back to work. There was no truth in
      the charges she claimed.

      She puts my name and horrendous words against me on cheaters sites,
      which I have heard is part of freedom of speech to post those things,
      and she emails me still.

      What can I do? Thank you so much in advance for any help you can give
      me on this!

      ~T~
    • Lists
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 29 6:23 PM
        First, you can sue anyone you want...whether or not you have a claim that is
        going to win is another story.
        If she wrote things about you that are not true and those things caused you
        identifiable harm, then I would hazard to say you have a claim.
        Winning is another story though and filing a lawsuit can be expensive.
        Might be best to worry about patching up your marriage and forgetting all
        about this woman.
        If she continually contacts you after being told to stop, technically that's
        harassment and is a crime, but and this is the kicker, no one in the US is
        going to file misdemeanor charges against a person in England they know they
        are never going to be able to prosecute or even arrest.
        Now, after you read all the above, go get your own attorney, pay that
        attorney for advice and then follow it.
        This is a free board and while I and others have experience investigating
        these types of things, most of us here are NOT lawyers in your state and
        don't know your
        state's laws.
        Find an attorney there in LA that specializes in Internet related cases and
        ask him/her what to do.

        Brian K. Ingram, Owner
        Consulting Investigation Services
        Tx. P.I. License: A-08429
        Forensic Data Recovery, Email Tracing ,Internet Investigations, Catastrophic
        Event Investigations
        www.cispi.net <http://www.cispi.net/>
        (972) 937-3938

        _____

        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 29 10:33 PM
          Dear "T" -

          Without identifying yourself and providing additional information about who,
          what and where you are, no one here would even think of giving you any
          advice other than "contact a local lawyer".

          818-242-9824 FAX

          "one Nation under God"

          a military veteran !