Re: Question about fines

  • FeLisha
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 24, 2007

      " Since you did not have the decency to identify yourself nor even
      mention
      > what state this involves, it is hard to answer your question."

      The state is NC and I consider myself to be a very decent individual.
      If me not properly identifying myself offended you, by all means
      consider me indecent.

      Felisha Lee-Gainey
      Student
      N.C.State University
    • reta2527
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 24, 2007
        --- In infoguys-list@yahoogroups.com, "FeLisha" <msgainey@...> wrote:

        > I am new to the group, so any information will be quite helpful.
        > When a person is being sentenced and they are also given a fine(state
        > level), how does this fine affect the individual upon release? Is
        this
        > something that will prohibit them from purchasing property later(they
        > are still quite young), will it be a garnishment; taxes or
        employment?
        > The fine imposed was in excess of $100,000.
        >
        > Thanks in advance!

        IN NEW YORK THEY WILL GARNISH ANYTHING THEY CAN TAKE EX: WAGES,
        LOTTERY, TAXES.......PROBABLY NOT WHAT YOU WANTED TO HEAR, SORRY. I
        WOULD LOOK INTO THE GARNISHMENT LAWS OF YOUR STATE. IT MIGHT BE
        POSSIBLE TO FILE SOME KIND OF HARDSHIP FORMS. GOOD LUCK.
      • i-direct
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 24, 2007
          Being from over the other side of the pond, I know nothing about State laws,
          but does this site help answer any of your question?

          http://www.bcsalliance.com/y_debt_statelaws_garnishments.html

          Stephen R Peters

          Senior Investigative Consultant
          * Email: <mailto:admin@...> srp@...

          * Office: 0870 990 3211
          * Fax: 0870 990 3212

          * Email: <mailto:admin@...> strand@...

          * Web: <http://www.id-net.co.uk/> www.id-net.co.uk

          MEMBER: BRITISH AGENTS, CPIRC (Canada), LEAA (USA), IWWA

          SIGNATORY: BPPG

          _____