Texas LLC break up, need advice/info please.

  • Ian
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 4, 2007
      Hello everyone!
      Firstly my name is Ian and I am new to the group so I would like to
      extend a hello to all. Ok, I will get to the bottom line of my
      question/s. My wife and a "friend" started an LLC here in Texas she
      being 70% owner (though this "friend" has yet to ever give her/us a
      copy of the paperwork)Due to his recent actions she decided that it
      would be best to dissolve the LLC and go on with our lives. This
      "partner" 30% owner is threatening us via harassing emails, and
      stating that she owe for tools she never voted on buying (he just did
      it himself.) Is this true? He also is insinuating that there is to be
      a 50/50 split of all monies though she is 70% owner should it not be a
      70/30 split? Also we have requested we see a copy of the LLC and all
      monies made, out standings,etc. yet he refuses to release this
      information. Is this legal? He gave her a paper basically signing over
      her share but she/we refuse to do so until we have seen the reports of
      the LLC. Is this only fair and more so legal to ask? We live in
      Austin, if there are any lawyers willing to see us for advice in this
      matter please let us know. He (partner) is a very powerful, wealthy
      man...we are not. I myself am a disabled veteran my wife is a
      waitress. My wife joined with this man on a business idea that my wife
      created, and we would like to retain either ownership or be provided
      with her rightful percentage. This man has taken the time to write me
      an email daily regarding my disability, our inabilities as people, has
      made very damaging allegations to clients regarding my wife and
      myself. What are we entitled to, and how does she attain a copy of the
      business if he is unwilling to make that available? It has got so
      volatile that I dare not even see him as he goes no where without a
      gun, which in an unrelated circumstance is why I am disabled as I
      still have 1 bullet in me that is irremovable. No minutes were ever
      taken, and she (my wife) herself only signed one form, yet we have
      learned that there should have been more than one form for her to
      sign, if so then he forged her signature, is this true regarding the
      number of forms to be signed? Any help would be very appreciated as we
      are a blue class family stuck unwittingly in a war we do not want. We
      have been told that this "partner" was "skimming" off all the profits
      all along which is why she acted to either buy him out or be bought
      out fairly, that is the key word fairly. The fact that he refuses to
      relinquish any of the documentation regarding the LLC arouses
      suspicion. This man makes 300.00/hr investing out of his home, so why
      would a very small fledgling LLC be of such an issue to him unless he
      did break laws in the formation and was "skimming"?(I know conjecture)
      Any help please would be very appreciated.
      Ian and Gina in Round Rock (just outside of Austin)
      blugrsvt@...
      ps: We both fear that with is money, if we get a lawyer he will "sack"
      us in some way as he has proven to be a very devious man. At the same
      time it was my wifes hard work that generated the profits, so we do
      want to settle this....we both are very intimidated by this man.
    • Barry Gilbert
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 4, 2007
        This may give you an idea of what you are in for.

        http://www.medlawplus.com/askalawyer/llc/question61.tpl

        _____

        blugrsvt@hotmail. <mailto:blugrsvt%40hotmail.com> com
        ps: We both fear that with is money, if we get a lawyer he will "sack"
        us in some way as he has proven to be a very devious man. At the same
        time it was my wifes hard work that generated the profits, so we do
        want to settle this....we both are very intimidated by this man.

      • Vicki Siedow
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 4, 2007
          You need the advice of an attorney, not investigators. I suggest that you
          contact the Secretary of State and get copies of the documents from them.
          Take those to an attorney. If you can't afford an attorney I strongly
          suggest you obtain Prepaid Legal Services. For $26 a month you will get a
          ton of legal help for you and your wife. You will get a good attorney in
          the right legal specialty. They will review the documents and advise you.
          Don't risk getting advice from anyone who isn't qualified, this is
          important. I sell Prepaid Legal Services but TX is a state that requires a
          special license, so I don't make anything on this, I'm telling you because I
          believe it is your best solution. You will use this service for many things
          once you learn what's included. Let me know if you are interested or have
          questions, I will hook you up with someone licensed in TX.

          http://prepaidlegal.com/hub/vsiedow

          Vicki Siedow
          Siedow & Associates Investigations
          & Legal Support Services
          2629 Foothill Blvd. #262
          La Crescenta, CA 91214
          Los Angeles County
          CA PI License # 22852
          800.448.6431 toll free
          818.242.0130 local
          818.688.3295 fax
          <mailto:Siedow@...> Siedow@...
          Member NCISS, IWWA

          Need economical legal help?
          Concerned about Identity Theft?

          _____

            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 5, 2007
              --- In infoguys-list@yahoogroups.com, "Ian" <blugrsvt@...> wrote:

> [...]
              > relinquish any of the documentation regarding the LLC arouses
              > suspicion. This man makes 300.00/hr investing out of his home, so
              why
              > would a very small fledgling LLC be of such an issue to him unless
              he
              > did break laws in the formation and was "skimming"?(I know
              conjecture)
              > Any help please would be very appreciated.
              > Ian and Gina in Round Rock (just outside of Austin)
              > blugrsvt@...
              > ps: We both fear that with is money, if we get a lawyer he
              will "sack"
              > us in some way as he has proven to be a very devious man. At the
              same
              > time it was my wifes hard work that generated the profits, so we do
              > want to settle this....we both are very intimidated by this man.

              This is a very intricate issue. There are very few people here on
              this list that are really qualified to advise you on this situation
              (I can only think of one person on this list that I would go to for
              help in a situation like this)...

              You need an attorney. I would HIGHLY recommend that you try to reach
              out to Greg Walker; I think he is on this list. He is also in Texas.
              Greg has assisted me in an issue with a company in Texas before. I
              found him to be completely competent, honest, and his sole concern
              seems to be for his client. Greg is also a "fighter" that does not
              allow his client to be "harassed" and/or "taken advantage of" in any
              way. You will have to pay him, but he is worth every dime. You could
              not have a better attorney working for you.

              Rick.