Re: Interesting Article on Unlicensed Private Investigation Activity and the RIA

  • razors3dge
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 4, 2007
      --- In infoguys-list@yahoogroups.com, "Ricky Gurley" <rmriinc@...>
      wrote:

      > NewYorkCountryLawyer writes:
      >
      > "An elderly, non-file-sharing grandmother from East Texas, who had
      > been sued by the RIAA after being displaced by Hurricane Rita, has
      > sought leave to file counterclaims against the RIAA record companies
      > for using unlicensed investigators. In her counterclaims (PDF) Ms.
      > Crain claims that the record companies 'entered into an agreement
      > with a private investigations company to provide investigative
      > services which led to the production of evidence to be used in court
      > against counterclaim plaintiff, including the identification of an IP
      > address on the basis of which counterclaim defendants filed their
      > suit... [They] were at the time of this agreement aware that the
      > aforementioned private investigations company was unlicensed to
      > conduct investigations in the State of Texas specifically, and in
      > other states as well... [T]hey agreed between themselves and
      > understood that unlicensed and unlawful investigations would take
      > place in order to provide evidence for this lawsuit, as well as
      > thousands of others as part of a mass litigation campaign... [T]he
      > private investigations company hired by plaintiffs engaged in one or
      > more overt acts of unlawful private investigation... Such actions
      > constitute civil conspiracy under Texas common law.'"
      >
      > http://yro.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=07/07/03/2323203&from=rss
      >
      > PDFs of motions here: http://tinyurl.com/yqmfrf
      >

      > I would love to see the RIAA gett their collective butts "kicked"; I
      > must say.
      >

      > Rick.
      >

      > Risk Management Research & Investments, Inc.
      > "He Who Forgets, Will Be Destined To Remember"
      >
      > MAIL BOX: 2101 W. Broadway PMB 326, Columbia, MO. 65203
      > OFFICE ADDRESS: 607 N. Providence, Columbia, MO. 65203
      >
      > Phone: (888) 571-0958
      > Fax: (877) 795-9800
      > Cell: (573) 529-0808
      >
      > Email
      > RMRI-Inc@...
      >
      > Webpage
      > http://www.rmriinc.com
      >
      > Blogs
      > http://rmriincspace.spaces.live.com/
      > http://rmriinc.blogspot.com/

      Once again the RIIA proves just how pathetic they really are. It would
      seem they would know how to gather and effectively process information.
      Since they have rarely answered to anyone, and bullied almost
      everyone... I'd love to see them get stomped in court! Go Granny!

      [Razor-Consulting]
      [Clean-Graphics]
      [Consulting Services]
      [Information Technology]