Call your California-Senator today! -- SB 328 Alert

  • David Williams
    Message 1 of 1 , May 24, 2007
      CALI LEGISLATIVE ALERT

      URGENT ACTION NEEDED ON SB 328 - PRETEXTING BAN BILL

      TELEPHONE YOUR STATE SENATOR TODAY!

      SB 328 (Corbett) is currently on the Senate Floor. If you have not yet
      called your Senator, there is still time. Tell your Senator that you are a
      constituent and that you oppose SB 328 because it is overly broad and would
      negatively impact important investigations.

      There are many situations where a statement or representation that is not
      entirely accurate is essential in order to effectively pursue information as
      part of an investigation. For instance, this is critical in investigations
      that involve identity theft, location of missing individuals including
      children and heirs, collection of judgments, suspected misconduct related to
      employment, court proceedings, service of process, on-line theft,
      enforcement of federal copyright and trademark laws, workers compensation
      fraud, the gathering of evidence in support of legal actions, and the
      execution and enforcement of judgments and orders.

      While CALI acknowledges and appreciates the need to protect personal
      information, we urge that legislative efforts in this regard not be at the
      expense of legitimate and important investigations. For these reasons, we
      oppose SB 328 as it is presently drafted.

      To locate your State Senator's phone number, use the link below and type in
      your zip code. Thank you in advance for helping us to keep the pressure on!

      www.leginfo.ca.gov/yourleg.html

      California Association of
      Licensed Investigators
      1215 K Street, Suite 2290
      Sacramento, CA 95814
      916.231.2147 | 800.350.2254
      916.231.2141 fax

      David C. Williams

      DCW & Associates

      7400 Center Avenue, Suite 209

      Huntington Beach, CA 92647

      (800)899-0442 Fax (714)892-3543

      CA PI License # PI 12300

      Website: www.dcwpi.com <http://www.dcwpi.com/> Email:
      dwilliams@...

      Nationwide Investigations, Court Research, Truth

      Hands-On Records Research...We pick-up where the online databases leave
      off...

      $50.00 Flat Rate Document Retrieval- Anyplace Nationwide