RE: [infoguys-list] rollover comments

  • Jim Parker
    Message 1 of 7 , May 5, 2007
      <<<< IMO Jack & Jill are @ fault. Voluntary ingestion of mind altering
      substances is not mitigating circumstances in an illegal act. >>>>

      Unfortunately, you can't have it both ways. If voluntary ingestion of a mind altering substance is not mitigating circumstances in an illegal act (to which I agree), then voluntary ingestion of a mind altering substance does not exculpate Peter's own act of blatant stupidity.

      He willingly put himself in a dangerous situation by getting into a van which he knew had no safety restraints or even seats, with an intoxicated driver, who was already engaged in a volatile situation with the passenger sitting next to her.

      As someone said, "Personal responsibility is key"

      I'm actually amazed that so few people placed much, if any, blame on Peter himself, but then we ARE talking about American style civil litigation, so perhaps I shouldn't expect too much in the way of true justice.

      It's always someone else's fault.

      Jim
      Message 2 of 7 , May 5, 2007
        Jim -

        You are so correct and this milquetoast society we have now is truly
        revolting. God forbid anyone should admit accountability.

        Aside from what happened after they got soused, we had Peter and Mary
        knowingly and willingly allow themselves to ride in a vehicle without any
        protection when they were stoned sober. They knew or should have known the possible
        consequences of their actions.