Acxiom Investigate & flatrate databases

  • Bob Hrodey
    Message 1 of 1 , May 3, 2007
      Many moons ago, I signed up with flatrateinfo.com Back then, for $1400
      a year I had unlimited access to their data which included non-truncated
      SSAN's. A couple years ago they were taken over by a company called
      Acxiom Insight and they renamed the product Acxiom Investigate and
      modified their interface which they called an "improvement."

      To my way of thinking, it wasn't but that's just me, I suppose.

      Last year when it came time for renewal, they announced that they had a
      mandatory site inspection. Well, I figured it might be worth having if
      only to provide access to the untruncated SSANs but, as it turned out,
      it had nothing to do with untruncated SSANS, they merely wanted to do
      the site inspection to enhance the security of their data. I stayed
      with them for another year just to see what would happen.

      On a recent weekend, I attempted to access my account from home and
      found that I could not log on from that location. I figured that it was
      just due to a switch in the static IP address on my Sprint Broadband
      card but, as it turns out, it was not. Acxiom will not allow you to
      access your account and their "flat rate service" from any location
      other than the one they've site inspected. That pretty much settled it
      for me but the renewal notice I received this morning clinched it, I guess.

      They are raising their prices by about 8½% (now $1725/annually) for less
      access, less data, more hassle. Enough is enough.

      I figured I would put this out to the group(s) for several reasons:

      1) to give those of you who have subscriptions to this database a heads-up,
      2) to test the waters for feedback - "Are my impressions of the
      downgrade in service by Acxion and their data accurate?"
      3) is there anything WORTHWHILE that's out there in the way of flatrate
      systems.

      I know of Merlin and that's a great system for you California folks.
      Their flat-rate Cross-Directory is a gold mine for ANY investigator,
      anywhere in the US. How about it, folks?

      Any good ones out there to share?

      --
      Enjoy,

      Bob
      Hrodey & Associates Established 1977
      e-mail: inquiry@... or rth@...
      Illinois License 115-000783 Wisconsin 8045-063