RE: [infoguys-list] rollover

  • Vicki Siedow
    Message 1 of 4 , May 3, 2007
      Like many of these cases, it's a tragic accident. We all have to let our
      kids make mistakes, and try to save them from anything that will permanently
      damage them, but by the time they're in college we don't have a lot we can
      do to protect them. We have to teach them good judgment early on. Even if
      we do our best they will often do things like this, testing the limits.
      Most of us are lucky that our kids get away without a more than a scratch,
      but sometimes the universe chooses a person to serve as an example. It's
      the only thing that keeps the other kids a bit more in line sometimes.

      The kids blew it. All of them. They obviously knew better, they even were
      responsible enough to choose a designated driver. Unfortunately, as often
      happens, good judgment is drowned in alcohol. Once they'd had a few they
      thought they were invincible, like a lot of kids. Oddly enough, many are.
      The worst they should have had is a hang over. This was a case of Russian
      roulette, and they lost. I say "they" because none of them will ever be the
      same. They are all paying, and will to some degree for life.

      Everyone but Mary was drunk. She should have taken the keys at the outset,
      before the drinking began, but by nature of agreeing to be the designated
      driver she may have exhibited a propitiative or submissive character. The
      others seem to have been caught up in the angst of young adulthood. That,
      in itself, should be considered a form of inebriation. When added to the
      alcohol it has often proved lethal.

      OK, enough sleep deprived philosophy; they all messed up, approximately
      equally. This is not a legal opinion, it's my opinion.

      Vicki Siedow
      Siedow & Associates Investigations
      & Legal Support Services
      2629 Foothill Blvd. #262