RE: [infoguys-list] Re: sexual abuse in prison -more info

  • Vicki Siedow
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 1, 2007
      LOL, gosh we missed you, Jim. Things were nowhere near as much fun without
      you. ;)

      Vicki Siedow
      Siedow & Associates Investigations
      & Legal Support Services
      2629 Foothill Blvd. #262
      La Crescenta, CA 91214
      Los Angeles County
      CA PI License # 22852
      800.448.6431 toll free
      818.242.0130 local
      818.688.3295 fax
      <mailto:Siedow@...> Siedow@...
      Member NCISS, IWWA

      Need economical legal help?
      Concerned about Identity Theft?

      _____

      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 1, 2007
        I have mixed feelings. I am completely distrustful of the diagnosis as I
        have worked psychiatric abuse cases and feel that most psychiatrists will
        keep a patient in "treatment," which often consists of drugging them and
        little else, because it is financially to their advantage, rather than for
        the good of the patient. I have also seen patients implanted or coached to
        appear to have conditions, memories, feelings, etc. that are not really
        their own.

        That said, I also know that sexual assaults of this nature are not all that
        unusual, and the good old boy network is at its best in military, police and
        jail/prison environments. I have seen this happen in hospitals with mental
        patients as well, where, like a prisoner, the victim has no way to report,
        and will not be believed in any case. I find this sort of assault to be of
        the worst kind. I find it credible that she would have survived reasonably
        well her earlier experiences, although she seems to have self medicated,
        which could relate to her earlier abuses, as well as her entire environment
        and upbringing. It also makes perfect sense that the subsequent beatings,
        as well as prolonged isolation with nothing to do but brood, would
        exacerbate the effects of the assaults. What she experienced at the hands
        of Smith (and I think that those who know and looked away are very much to
        blame as well) was far worse than what had gone before, and understandably
        more traumatic.

        I would definitely find in her favor. I don't have enough information to
        tell you how much she should be awarded. I'd love to see Smith (Barlow?)
        face criminal charges for this one. My only concern is that the
        psychiatrist is now giving her drugs to replace the alchohol, but not
        remedying her real problems. He's in a position to profit as much as she
        is, any has every incentive to keep her drugged and on the books forever,
        with the state paying the way. This could very well be victimizing Jane yet
        again. I am also concerned that whatever award she gets could actually harm
        her, as she is unlikely to handle money well, and could get into more
        trouble with it than without it unless she is given help in managing it.
        I'd love to think that she could buy her way into a better life, but we've
        all seen what happens to lottery winners.

        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 2, 2007
          Michigan took care of this problem by removing men from the housing areas. Men are allowed to work in Administrative duties such as wardens, secretaries, prison yards, food services, and inmate stores.Men are not assigned to areas where they are given the opportunity to be alone with a female. This might be the deep pocket lawsuit for this female.

          bb

[...]

          Through this counseling, Jane Doe learned that she suffered from post traumatic stress disorder (“PTSD”). Jane had not exhibited any signs of PTSD until the sexual assaults from Sgt. Smith

[...]

          Previous to her incarceration, Jane had been sexually molested by a step-grandfather and had been in an abusive relationship with a boyfriend. Jane had never exhibited any signs of PTSD until the sexual assaults from Sgt. Smith

          Psychologist is of the opinion that the effects of the multiple assaults and solitary confinement on Jane are most likely permanent. Further, Psychologists states it is questionable whether Jane will ever be able to have intimate relationships again. The psychologist has indicated Jane will likely be on Prozac and Wellbutrin the rest of her life.

          Taxpayers will foot bill for any damages awarded to Jane.

          ”.