Group Exchanges...

  • Ricky Gurley
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 28, 2007
      To all,

      I have to say; I really see nothing wrong with any of the exchanges
      on here today. I think everyone here has good points. I think John
      Misak is right, in the way of saying that our posts are
      representative of us; I would submit that if someone communicates
      poorly, in a vulgar fashion, and/or resorts to name calling and
      personal attacks, that this really hurts no one other than the poster
      in the eyes of the public (it reflects directly on the poster). But I
      really did not see that on here today.

      Funny highlights to me were:

      Brian "saying" "I call B.S." (full word "evacuated"). I laughed when
      I saw that, have heard that phrase used before and had to chuckle.

      Jim Parker saying "bitch slapped"; a common term but I chuckle every
      time I hear it.

      John addressing Jim as "Master Parker"; an old English term reserved
      for young men. Felt that was very sophisticated humor, and I did find
      myself grinning.

      Russ asking if a "daycare license was required to moderate this
      group"; more good humor.

      Sue asking Jim Cobb to confirm whether or not Santa Claus exists. He
      does Sue and he may bring you some Oreo cookies for Christmas this
      year.

      Jim Cobb; taking a very good shot at Amy's case and/or post
      concerning the man that got shot in the parking lot in response to
      Sue's "Santa Claus Inquiry". I like that and was waiting for a
      response from Amy.

      I think it might be good for all of us to laugh at this a little, and
      understand that while we are in a serious profession, we are still
      allowed to be "quippy", have a sense of humor, and "poke fun at each
      other" every now and then. We are also even allowed to have "heated
      debates" too; I do believe.

      Overall; I think the exchange was useful, educational, and gave other
      members here a "feel" for who the "players" are in the cyber-
      investigations arena on this group.

      As for me; I got a potential job out of the deal so I am also
      grateful for the exchange.

      All and all ladies and gentleman, this was not a bad day on this
      group. I think that we can all chalk this up to a little "fun" on the
      group today; with a touch of educational material added in. And Jim
      and Thomas quite possibly struck up a professional relationship.
      Seems to me some good came out of it all.

      I hope everyone here is doing well. Take care, and have a great day.

      Rick.

      Phone: (888) 571-0958
      Fax: (877) 795-9800
      Cell: (573) 529-0808