Moderator Notes.

  • Leif "Krang"
    Message 1 of 16 , Feb 28, 2007
      The posts here today and in the last few days are from long time
      Members. They are automatically approved. Can you not police your own
      posts? The deluge of email I got today let me know that I needed to go
      in a read every post again! I guess constructive reasonable
      communication is not possible on this list.

      All of you are right. All of you are wrong. Deal with it.

      Leif "Krang"
      Proud owner of the hardest working couch in America.
    • Leif "Krang"
      Message 2 of 16 , Feb 28, 2007
        Anybody want to moderate a list?

        --- In infoguys-list@yahoogroups.com, "Leif \"Krang\"" <spyzilla@...>

        Message 3 of 16 , Feb 28, 2007
          Its a great job REALLY IT IS.

          wrote:

          > Anybody want to moderate a list?
          >

          > --- In infoguys-list@yahoogroups.com, "Leif \"Krang\"" <spyzilla@>
          > wrote:
          > >
          > > The posts here today and in the last few days are from long time
          > > Members. They are automatically approved. Can you not police your
          own
          > > posts? The deluge of email I got today let me know that I needed
          > go
          > > in a read every post again! I guess constructive reasonable
          > > communication is not possible on this list.
          > >

          > > All of you are right. All of you are wrong. Deal with it.
          > >
          > > Leif "Krang"
          > > Proud owner of the hardest working couch in America.

        • Jim Parker
          Message 4 of 16 , Feb 28, 2007
            <<<< Anybody want to moderate a list? >>>>

            Can I throw people off?

            :o)

            > The posts here today and in the last few days are from long time
            > Members. They are automatically approved. Can you not police your own
            > posts? The deluge of email I got today let me know that I needed to
            go
            > in a read every post again! I guess constructive reasonable
            > communication is not possible on this list.
            >

            > All of you are right. All of you are wrong. Deal with it.
            >
            > Leif "Krang"
            > Proud owner of the hardest working couch in America.

          • Rus B Robison
            Message 5 of 16 , Feb 28, 2007
              Is a daycare license required to moderate the list?

              With kindest regards, I remain...

              The Robison Companies, LLC

              Private Investigators

              Rus B. Robison

              General Manager

              rbr@...

              Oklahoma's FIRST State-Licensed Private Investigation Agency.

              _____

              Message 6 of 16 , Feb 28, 2007
                <<<< I guess constructive reasonable communication is not possible on this
                list. >>>>

                Leif,

                What precisely was unreasonable about this discussion? To my knowledge,
                there was no name-calling, profanity or other childish behavior (at least
                until John Misak piped up). I have seen threads here that have spiraled way
                out of control, but I wouldn't consider today's to be one of them.

                Discussions and debates, heated or otherwise, can actually be very
                beneficial to list members. Isn't the purpose of this, or any, list to make
                sure that the readers interested in the topic walk away with the correct
                information? Or at least enough information and resources that they can
                investigate the matter themselves? Just posting "you're wrong", absent any
                explanation doesn't quite cut it.

                For the record, I spoke with Mr. Eskridge by phone, and it seems he merely
                has a different way of defining "email tracing" than we do, but he did seem
                like a very likeable and professional person. I'm actually hoping we will
                develop a good business relationship in the near future.

                And Russ... Like Misak, the majority of your posts seem to be little more
                than complaints about what everyone else posts, yet I have thus far failed
                to see you post anything constructive. If you really find the list so
                abrasive and uninteresting, perhaps it would be a good idea for you to
                follow through with your incessant threats to quit the list.

                I'm sure we'll all manage just fine without you.

                Jim

                rbr@... <mailto:rbr%40robisonpi.com>

                Message 7 of 16 , Feb 28, 2007
                  Yes, Jim, you are always totally correct. If you don't believe me, ask
                  yourself. You ARE all right, it is the world that is all wrong.

                  If I thought posting an article would be understood by the majority, I would
                  gladly do so. This week, I remain skeptical.

                  rbr@robisonpi. <mailto:rbr%40robisonpi.com> com <mailto:rbr%40robisonpi.com>

                  From: infoguys-list@ <mailto:infoguys-list%40yahoogroups.com>
                  yahoogroups.com <mailto:infoguys-list%40yahoogroups.com>

                  > The posts here today and in the last few days are from long time
                  > Members. They are automatically approved. Can you not police your own
                  > posts? The deluge of email I got today let me know that I needed to
                  go
                  > in a read every post again! I guess constructive reasonable
                  > communication is not possible on this list.
                  >

                  > All of you are right. All of you are wrong. Deal with it.
                  >
                  > Leif "Krang"
                  > Proud owner of the hardest working couch in America.

                • Thomas Eskridge
                  Message 8 of 16 , Feb 28, 2007
                    I plead guilty.we did let it get out of hand...but what jim said (at least
                    the last part lol) is true.we spoke.and will likely do business together in
                    the near future.hope all accept my apology

                    Tom Eskridge, Chief Operations Officer

                    High Tech Crime Institute

                    28100 US Hwy 19 N, suite 204

                    Clearwater Florida 33761

                    www.gohtci.com

                    _____

                    From: infoguys-list@ <mailto:infoguys-list%40yahoogroups.com>

                    Message 9 of 16 , Feb 28, 2007
                      Your point is well taken. You are correct there was no unreasonable
                      communication just an overwhelming amount of information constantly
                      being argued. That was an incorrect statement.

                      I will always use the same "anybody want to be a moderator joke" As
                      long as I am here. Some people find it to be humorous. I have used it
                      since day one. Sorry if you don't like it. Several years ago I tried
                      to take this list seriously. Some of the members remember how that
                      worked out. Just like the last name I use in the posts. It's humor.

                      You are right I do not often jump in with my opinion. I am not that
                      bright. If you look back you will find me asking questions. Once in a
                      great while I have an opinion. Not very often.

                      Quit this list Me? I love it here.

                      This is what this list is all about. Everyone here (that stays more
                      than a week) knows it.

                      I am pleased that you made a contact that will be mutually
                      beneficial. Some time, hopefully the two of you will collaborate and
                      catch some f$$king worthless child predator in the future by tracing
                      his email. That my friend is what it is all about.

                      Leif "Krang"

                      Message 10 of 16 , Feb 28, 2007
                        Leif,

                        You misunderstood me. I made no reference to your "does anyone want to
                        moderate this list" comment, other than an earlier one-line tongue-in-cheek
                        reply, it was the following that I quoted and was referring to: "I guess
                        constructive reasonable communication is not possible on this list."

                        <<< Quit this list Me? I love it here. >>>

                        Also, read my reply again; that comment was clearly directed at Russ, who,
                        speaking of entertaining posts, more recently wrote:

                        "...this type of scab-picking has run rampant on this list forever"

                        Yet despite that, Russ has remained a member of this list... forever! Isn't
                        the ultimate definition of insanity one who does the same thing over and
                        over again and expects different results?

                        And they call ME crazy!?!?

                        :o)

                        Jim

                        list@yahoogroups.com <mailto:list%40yahoogroups.com> ]

                        Message 11 of 16 , Feb 28, 2007
                          <<<< I plead guilty.we did let it get out of hand... >>>>

                          Yeah, but it was fun, wasn't it? At least until the glum twins appeared and
                          dampened our spirits.

                          :o)

                          Jim

                          From: infoguys-list@ <mailto:infoguys-list%40yahoogroups.com>
                          yahoogroups.com <mailto:infoguys-list%40yahoogroups.com>

                          > The posts here today and in the last few days are from long time
                          > Members. They are automatically approved. Can you not police your own
                          > posts? The deluge of email I got today let me know that I needed to
                          go
                          > in a read every post again! I guess constructive reasonable
                          > communication is not possible on this list.
                          >

                          > All of you are right. All of you are wrong. Deal with it.
                          >
                          > Leif "Krang"
                          > Proud owner of the hardest working couch in America.

                        • Vicki Siedow
                          Message 12 of 16 , Feb 28, 2007
                            ROTFLMAO!!! <SNORT!>

                            Vicki Siedow
                            Siedow & Associates Investigations
                            & Legal Support Services
                            2629 Foothill Blvd. #262
                            La Crescenta, CA 91214
                            Los Angeles County
                            CA PI License # 22852
                            800.448.6431 toll free
                            818.242.0130 local
                            818.688.3295 fax
                            <mailto:Siedow@...> Siedow@...
                            Member NCISS, IWWA

                            Need economical legal help?
                            Concerned about Identity Theft?

                            _____

                            Message 13 of 16 , Feb 28, 2007
                              No, MEEE, pick MEEEE!

                              Message 14 of 16 , Feb 28, 2007
                                Well, DUH!

                                And they call ME crazy!?!?

                                :o)

                                Jim

                                Message 15 of 16 , Feb 28, 2007
                                  I need someone to conduct some courthouse research and possibly a neighborhood canvass.

                                  Please advise cost and turnaround only if you regularly handle this area or know someone who does.

                                  Tina Elkins

                                  T.A.M.A. Investigations, Inc.
                                  P.O. Box 1064
                                  Snellville, GA 30078
                                  770-682-4376
                                  GA PI Agency License #PDC001807
                                  http://www.tamainvestigations.com
                                  tamainvestigations@...
                                  Memberships: GAPPI, TPIA, NCISS, NAIS (State Chairperson)

                                • Leif "Krang"
                                  Message 16 of 16 , Mar 1, 2007
                                    Here I was all set to defend my besmirched honor. Just because I was
                                    unable to determine a paragraph break. I did read it wrong ( as I
                                    stated I am not that bright. I am glad I did not step on my penis
                                    there. It could have been embarassing.

                                    Leif "Krang"
                                    Not the sharpest tool in the shed.

                                    <snip> <snip>