Re: [infoguys-list] Satisfy IRS lien-public record?

  • Bob Hrodey
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 7, 2007
      rosettastone_pi wrote:
      > How might I determine whether payments are being made to the IRS to
      > satisfy a federal lien? or determine if it's paid?
      > I've retrieved the docket #, filing date, amount and county.
      > (Marcopia County, AZ, 2005, 64g)

      If a federal tax lien is filed, they will record it with the Recorder of
      Deeds (or equivalent) in the county where the taxpayer resides. When
      the lien has been satisfied, a release of lien is issued by the IRS and
      this is also filed with the Record or Deeds, etc. in the same county.

      Only question that I have and really never bothered to check it out is
      whether or not the IRS records the Release of Lien or if it's mailed to
      the taxpayer and they make it his responsibility to record it if he so
      desires.

      As far as learning how much of the lien has been paid off, if any, I
      doubt that you'll get that from the IRS. They are, if nothing else, a
      very closed-mouth group<g>

      --

      Enjoy,

      Bob

      Hrodey & Associates Established 1977
      email: inquiry@... or rth@...
      Illinois License 115-000783 Wisconsin 8045-063