Satisfy IRS lien-public record?

  • rosettastone_pi
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 7, 2007
      How might I determine whether payments are being made to the IRS to
      satisfy a federal lien? or determine if it's paid?
      I've retrieved the docket #, filing date, amount and county.
      (Marcopia County, AZ, 2005, 64g)

      Thanks for any insight & guidance on this one.
      Amy Drescher, PI #5936
      Rosetta Stone Investigations. llc
      Nashville, TN
    • Bob Hrodey
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 7, 2007
        rosettastone_pi wrote:
        > How might I determine whether payments are being made to the IRS to
        > satisfy a federal lien? or determine if it's paid?
        > I've retrieved the docket #, filing date, amount and county.
        > (Marcopia County, AZ, 2005, 64g)

        If a federal tax lien is filed, they will record it with the Recorder of
        Deeds (or equivalent) in the county where the taxpayer resides. When
        the lien has been satisfied, a release of lien is issued by the IRS and
        this is also filed with the Record or Deeds, etc. in the same county.

        Only question that I have and really never bothered to check it out is
        whether or not the IRS records the Release of Lien or if it's mailed to
        the taxpayer and they make it his responsibility to record it if he so
        desires.

        As far as learning how much of the lien has been paid off, if any, I
        doubt that you'll get that from the IRS. They are, if nothing else, a
        very closed-mouth group<g>

        --

        Enjoy,

        Bob

        Hrodey & Associates Established 1977
        email: inquiry@... or rth@...
        Illinois License 115-000783 Wisconsin 8045-063