legal advice for 501c3 corporation

  • irishbirthpa
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 1, 2007
      Hi. I am new to the group. I am hoping to obtain some insight for our
      501c3. We have a property loan in our personal name and bought
      personally. We then transfered the deed into the 501c3's name. We are
      personally paying on the note. Does anyone know if we can take the
      equity out of the property personally? If not, I have been told that
      non-profits can make loans /investments...ANy suggestions?

      Thanks so much!
      Kim
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 2, 2007
        Kim -

        You definitely need an attorney's advice on this one. The IRS can ruin you.

        Just my two cents worth !!!

        ________________________

        818-242-9824 FAX

        a military veteran !

      • Vicki Siedow
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 2, 2007
          Yes, my suggestion is that you ask your attorney and/or financial advisor.
          This list is primarily for investigators. I can sign you up for Prepaid
          Legal Services, but that's about it.

          Come to think of it, though, you could contact one of my friends who is both
          a PI and an ex IRS revenue agent. She can almost certainly help, although
          she may charge you depending on what you need. She's very good, she did
          the papers for my nonprofit. Her contact:

          Joan Earnshaw

          joanearnshaw1212@...

          505-334-2206

          Vicki Siedow