Introduction of Investigation Industry in China

  • SBCS
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 7, 2006
      Dear members,

      I am Margaret Wan, the consultant of Steele Business Investigation Center, and I am very glad to join this group.

      We know that the private investigators in the US and the European countries are protected by laws and have the licenses. But the situation of investigation industry is a little different in China.

      In fact, there is no real private detective in China. The companies engaging in investigations are incorporated as the business investigation or consulting firms, so are the foreign invested enterprises. Generally speaking, the service provided by the consulting companies is a kind of investigation as well and is legal. In China, individuals are entitled the right to investigation. In the light of Chinese culture and from the legal angle, investigation is the process of information observation, learning, collection and analysis without any enforcement while the real detective of law-enforcement authorities is endowed with the rights of search, tracing, inquest and interview following legal procedures. Therefore, in compliance with the laws in China, there is no genuine folk detective.

      In the business license, the business scope of investigation companies includes business investigation, due diligence investigation or consulting services. 80% investigation firms register the consulting services as the business scope.

      Hope this will be useful.

      Best regards,

      Margaret Wan

      Consultant of Risk Control Department

      President: Hai Yang

      Steele Business Investigation Center

      Rm. 1310, Bldg.K, Huiyuan Apt., Asian Games Village,
      Chaoyang District, Beijing 100101, P.R. China
      Telephone: 86-10-8497-2819, 8497-5663-825
      Fax: 86-10-8498-4754 E-mail: consultant2@...
      Http://www.sbcs.com.cn Http://www.china-investigation.com