Would You Give DNA?

  • Jurydoctor@aol.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 1, 2006
      not in a million years. I just finished reading the innocent man by Grisham,
      and even though the DNA exonerated both defendants, the book talks about how
      some members of law enforcement come up with evidence.

      Also, when I accompany my defense attorney clients to the jail, prison we do
      not drink anything, brush our hair or do anything to leave DNA evidence
      behind (I know that hair is unreliable, but I have learned to be paranoid).

      I once had a case where my client's semen was left at the murder scene.
      He was innocent and never met the lady.. I asked him if he used condoms..
      with his girlfriend.. he said "yes" I asked him what he did with the condoms , he
      said threw them in the trash.. sigh..
      Amy

    • RanchoAttySvc@aol.com
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 1, 2006
        In a message dated 11/1/2006 8:34:41 AM Pacific Standard Time,
        Jurydoctor@... writes:

        I asked him what he did with the condoms , he
        said threw them in the trash..

        Not to seem naive or anything, but what ELSE would you do with them?

        _ "RASCAL" - Your friendly neighborhood Process Server_
        (http://www.ranchoattorneyservice.com/)

        Michele Dawn, RPS 117 & CA PI 24790
        Rancho Attorney Service of California &
        RASCAL's Research & Location Services
        28465 Old Town Front St, Suite 318
        Temecula, CA 92590
        (951) 693-0165 or fax (951) 693-4056
        CAPPS NAPPS NAIS NCISS CAJP
        Specializing in defendant and witness locations and
        Successfully coordinating services worldwide since 1977!
        _http://Mary-MargaretsDiary.blogspot.com_
        (http://www.mary-margaretsdiary.blogspot.com/)

      • SAX BMI
        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 1, 2006
          If you're REALLY totally super paranoid, mix it with amonia and then flush
          "the mixture" as well as the used condom, down the toilet...

          ...And then see a psychologist.

          Brett Mikkelson
          Director,
          B.M. Investigations, Inc.
          Republic of Panama
          www.bminvestigations.com
          brett@...
          TEL ++ (507) 214-3868 or 214-8740
          CEL ++ (507) 6674-1183
          > In a message dated 11/1/2006 8:34:41 AM Pacific Standard Time,
          > Jurydoctor@... writes:
          >
          > I asked him what he did with the condoms , he
          > said threw them in the trash..
          >

          > Not to seem naive or anything, but what ELSE would you do with them?
          >
          > _ "RASCAL" - Your friendly neighborhood Process Server_
          > (http://www.ranchoattorneyservice.com/)
          >
          > Michele Dawn, RPS 117 & CA PI 24790
          > Rancho Attorney Service of California &
          > RASCAL's Research & Location Services
          > 28465 Old Town Front St, Suite 318
          > Temecula, CA 92590
          > (951) 693-0165 or fax (951) 693-4056
          > CAPPS NAPPS NAIS NCISS CAJP
          > Specializing in defendant and witness locations and
          > Successfully coordinating services worldwide since 1977!
          > _http://Mary-MargaretsDiary.blogspot.com_
          > (http://www.mary-margaretsdiary.blogspot.com/)

          > href="mailto:infoguys-list-subscribe@yahoogroups.com">infoguys-list-subscribe@yahoogroups.com</a><br/>
          > To unsubscribe, send a message to <a
          > href="mailto:infoguys-list-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com">infoguys-list-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com</a><br/>
          > Yahoo! Groups Links

        • Vicki Siedow
          Message 4 of 7 , Nov 1, 2006
            Flush them.

            Vicki Siedow
            Siedow & Associates Investigations
            & Legal Support Services
            2629 Foothill Blvd. #262
            La Crescenta, CA 91214
            Los Angeles County
            CA PI License # 22852
            800.448.6431 toll free
            818.242.0130 local
            818.688.3295 fax
            <mailto:Siedow@...> Siedow@...
            Member NCISS, IWWA

            Need economical legal help?
            Concerned about Identity Theft?

            _____

            (http://www.ranchoat <http://www.ranchoattorneyservice.com/>
            torneyservice.com/)

            Michele Dawn, RPS 117 & CA PI 24790
            Rancho Attorney Service of California &
            RASCAL's Research & Location Services
            28465 Old Town Front St, Suite 318
            Temecula, CA 92590
            (951) 693-0165 or fax (951) 693-4056
            CAPPS NAPPS NAIS NCISS CAJP
            Specializing in defendant and witness locations and
            Successfully coordinating services worldwide since 1977!
            _http://Mary- <http://Mary-MargaretsDiary.blogspot.com_>
            MargaretsDiary.blogspot.com_
            (http://www.mary- <http://www.mary-margaretsdiary.blogspot.com/>
            margaretsdiary.blogspot.com/)

          • InfoQuestI@aol.com
            Message 5 of 7 , Nov 1, 2006
              If anyone is ever involved in a case where law enforcement asks you or your
              client to provide a DNA sample for any reason, make them do 2 things. One,
              get a warrant. Two, provide your attorney with a copy of the DNA printout of
              the sample they already have from a crime scene BEFORE you give them yours.
              That prevents them from simply using your sample and saying they found it at
              the scene.

              Paul Purcell
              InfoQuest

              Jurydoctor@... writes:

              not in a million years. I just finished reading the innocent man by Grisham,
              and even though the DNA exonerated both defendants, the book talks about how

              some members of law enforcement come up with evidence.

              Also, when I accompany my defense attorney clients to the jail, prison we do
              not drink anything, brush our hair or do anything to leave DNA evidence
              behind (I know that hair is unreliable, but I have learned to be paranoid).

              I once had a case where my client's semen was left at the murder scene.
              He was innocent and never met the lady.. I asked him if he used condoms..
              with his girlfriend.. he said "yes" I asked him what he did with the condoms
              , he
              said threw them in the trash.. sigh..
              Amy

            • David J Oncale
              Message 6 of 7 , Nov 1, 2006
                When I was a cop, that's what I did. I hung out at jails and scooped up
                defense body evidence samples to throw down at the next unsolved crime.
                Saved used condoms, and hair brushes. Give me a break!

                Dave

                www.equinetheftinvestigatorsnetwork.com
                DJ Oncale & Associates Investigations
                California PI 18933