Child Custody

  • Alfred
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 12, 2006
      Group:

      At first glance it appeared that this was a tit for tat thing, but
      after speaking with one of the parties involved, I think there might
      be some merit here in some of the information. As of this posting,
      I am not convinced one way or the other. Also, please note where I
      have placed the word Fact: it is based solely on the information I
      gained from one party. I have not had the opportunity to
      prove/disprove anything. I have strongly advised the interested
      party to seek an experienced attorney. Please let me know what you
      think regarding this matter. Your input would be appreciated.

      Fact: An Indiana couple filed for divorce in the State of Indiana
      approximately eighteen (18) months ago.

      Fact: The couple are the parents of two (2) Minor Children, ages
      Ten (10) and Eleven (11)
      Years.

      Fact: The Father is a lifelong resident and currently resides in
      Indiana.

      Fact: The Mother was born in Indiana but has resided in Tennessee
      for approximately three (3) years.

      Fact: The Father of the two minor children had physical custody of
      the minor children until as recently as August 2006.

      Fact: The Father was convicted of Domestic Violence (Confinement)
      June 2004.

      Fact: Along with the Father's conviction, the Mother petitioned and
      was granted a Restraining Order against the Father for Domestic
      Violence (Confinement) June 2004.

      Fact: The Father petitioned the Court for an Emergency Temporary
      Custody Hearing for the two Minor Children

      Fact: The Father violated the RO based on a petition by the Mother
      two (2) days prior to the Emergency Temporary Custody Hearing. The
      date would have been August 25, 2006.

      Fact: The Father was escorted to the Emergency Temporary Custody
      Hearing by Indiana Sheriffs Deputy's the day of the hearing.

      Fact: Hamilton County Court denied the Father Temporary Custody of
      the Two Minor Children

      Fact: At the time of the hearing for temporary custody, the father
      was in the custody of the sheriffs department for violating the RO
      (text messaging the Mother).

      Fact: The Mother petitioned and was granted a Restraining Order
      against the Grandmother effective August 2006. This RO stated
      specifically that the Grandmother was to have no contact with the
      Mother and the Two (2) Minor Children.

      Fact: The Restraining Order against the Grandmother was amended to
      allow the Grandmother contact with the Two (2) Minor Children
      effective September 2006.

      In respect to the following, the Father and the Grandmother would
      like to have the minor children reside in the State of Indiana.

      The Indiana Court has not ruled on permanent custody for the minor
      children at this time. This will be done I suspect during the
      Divorce proceedings. The date is still not known at this time.

      The Grandmother alleges that the Two (2) Minor Children have
      communicated that the Mother and her current Boyfriend have abused
      them. Examples cited are:

      • instructed not to speak on the telephone to anyone
      • not answer the door
      • not being supervised by an adult for long periods of time
      • Cellular telephones sealed in plastic bags to detect if the
      children have spoken to anyone while the Mother and Boyfriend are
      out on the town.
      • Minor children left in hotel rooms unsupervised for long
      periods of time.
      • It is questionable at this time if the Mother is employed
      and by what means she supports the children.
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 12, 2006
        Al -

        Since nothing presented is a FACT, I am going to totally ignore that word.
        There is nothing but pure allegations. However, based upon your
        presentation, tell him to get an ass kicking attorney, not just experienced. If she
        takes the children to TN, his visitation will be very limited. She seems to have
        done very well without them for at least 3 years if I understand this
        correctly.

        I'm a little confused about what has been stated.

        Who was the petitioner in the divorce? I'd assume the father since he was a
        resident and she was not but I realize that's not necessarily so.

        Now, as I understand it, although the father was convicted of "domestic
        violence" in June, 2004 for confinement, he has maintained custody of the
        children through the years. If the ex- lives in TN for the past 3 years, when did
        he actually confine her? How many years has he had physical custody? Did
        she abandon the children?

        Since the father had custody until as recently as August, 2006, on what
        grounds is the mother now filing for custody? It's illogical to me since she
        appears to not have raised too much of a fuss when he allegedly confined her but
        now she's raising the roof because she was "text messaged". By the way, what
        does any of that have to do with the custodial issue?

        How many years was specified in the RO? How can a court possibly say NO
        CONTACT when they have two children involved? Shouldn't they allow contact for
        anything regarding the children? If so, was the text message 2 days prior to
        the hearing about the hearing of the children?

        Why did the father petition the court for an emergency hearing if he had
        physical custody?

        So after all of these years, the Hamilton County Court took two children
        away from their custodial parent???? Why????? What was new other than the
        alleged text message?

        Which grandmother, maternal or paternal?

        If the children truly made those allegations and if they can be held to be
        true, mother will not have much of chance if -

        1) A very in-depth investigation is conducted including interviewing
        every hotel employee when children allegedly left alone along with the witnesses
        at the places they went -

        2) As previously stated, an ass kicking attorney.

        • instructed not to speak on the telephone to anyone NOT ABUSE

        • not answer the door
        NOT ABUSE

        • not being supervised by an adult for long periods of time SERIOUS
        NEGLECT

        • Cellular telephones sealed in plastic bags NOT ABUSE

        to detect if the children have spoken to anyone while the
        Mother and Boyfriend are out on the town. VERY
        SERIOUS NEGLECT

        • Minor children left in hotel rooms unsupervised for long
        periods of time.
        VERY SERIOUS NEGLECT

        • It is questionable at this time if the Mother is employed Not that
        important - welfare
        and by what means she supports the children. eligible

        Does either she or her boyfriend have credit cards? If so, hit the companies
        with a subpoena in an attempt to locate where they have gone when they left
        the children alone. If the mother and boyfriend deny the allegation, support
        will be needed as the witnesses/victims are children.

        How often do they take the children to hotel rooms and why? You might want
        to confirm whether or not the hotels even afford a babysitting service let
        alone having actually sat for the mother.

        Bottom line:

        GOOD ATTORNEY GREAT INVESTIGATION

        ________________________

        818-242-9824 FAX

        a military veteran !

      • Alfred
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 13, 2006
          Sue,

          Thank you so very much to take the time to respond. Your thoughts
          are very helpful and thought provoking. When I was informed of the
          circumstances, my initial reaction was man; Mother is playing Father
          and Grandmother like a fiddle. Fire the attorney and get someone
          that has his or her head on straight. My other summation is that
          Mother, with the assistance of Boyfriend (the ex-cop) has
          manipulated the situation to grab custody of the children in order
          to gain child support and piss Father and Grandmother off…Mother
          obviously does not have good parental skills if what they are
          alleging is true. Below are my comments regarding your questions.
          Thanx Again!!!

          The children have lived their entire life here in the Midwest, being
          raised primarily by Father and Paternal Grandmother. Mother seems
          to have flittered in and out of their lives, (abandonment) thus the
          divorce proceedings, which were initiated by the Father.

          The June 2004 conviction was the actual "confinement," not allowing
          the Mother to leave or use the telephone to make a 911 call.

          Since their separation, Mother and Father have been at odds with
          each other. Not until Father was shown proof of Mother's adulterous
          behavior, i.e. internet IM's, email, etc. did Father initiate
          divorce proceedings. Mother, saw a nugget or two if she gained
          physical custody of the children by bringing out the ugly irrational
          side of Father and Grandmother for display to the local police.
          Recall please that Mother had Father and Grandmother placed in
          police custody at questionable periods.

          The RO's for Father and Grandmother are for two years each. Fathers
          expired this year and I believe it is for Mother only, not the
          children. Grandmother's was issued in August but amended in
          September to allow contact with the children. There was apolice run
          to the house for a disturbance between Mother and Grandmother. I
          have no idea at this time what the text message was, but my
          speculation is that it was something of a volatile nature, i.e.
          threat of bodily harm which would violate the order. Again, having
          him arrested prior to the hearing did not fair well for Father in
          the courts eyes. Imagine being escorted into court in an orange
          jumpsuit and cuffs for an emergency custody hearing... Father
          should have been smarter...

          Mother took custody of the children after Grandmother was arrested
          in August. Not certain where Father was at this time. When Father
          found out that the children were in Tennessee, he petitioned the
          court. There was nothing established for custody at that time other
          than what was being done to take care of the children at that time.
          I can not understand myself why the courts would allow Mother, after
          this time to waltz into court, gain custody and leave the state. i
          suspect there is something else there. stay tuned...

          Alfred Smith III
          Private Detective
          State of Indiana
          Lic# PD10600059
          317 626 3284
          midwestpda1@...

> [...]
          he had
          > physical custody?
          >
          > So after all of these years, the Hamilton County Court took two
          children
          > away from their custodial parent???? Why????? What was new
          other than the
          > alleged text message?
          >
          > Which grandmother, maternal or paternal?
          >
          > If the children truly made those allegations and if they can be
          held to be
          > true, mother will not have much of chance if -
          >
          > 1) A very in-depth investigation is conducted including
          interviewing
          > every hotel employee when children allegedly left alone along
          with the witnesses
          > at the places they went -
          >
          > 2) As previously stated, an ass kicking attorney.
          >

          > • instructed not to speak on the telephone to anyone NOT

          door
          > NOT ABUSE
          >
          > • not being supervised by an adult for long periods of time
          SERIOUS
          > NEGLECT
          >
          > • Cellular telephones sealed in plastic
          bags NOT ABUSE

          > to detect if the children have spoken to anyone while the
          > Mother and Boyfriend are out on the town.
          VERY
          > SERIOUS NEGLECT
          >
          > • Minor children left in hotel rooms unsupervised for long
          > periods of
          time.
          > VERY SERIOUS NEGLECT
          >
          > • It is questionable at this time if the Mother is employed
          Not that
          > important - welfare
          > and by what means she supports the children.
          eligible

          > Does either she or her boyfriend have credit cards? If so, hit
          the companies
          > with a subpoena in an attempt to locate where they have gone when
          they left
          > the children alone. If the mother and boyfriend deny the
          allegation, support
          > will be needed as the witnesses/victims are children.
          >
          > How often do they take the children to hotel rooms and why? You
          might want
          > to confirm whether or not the hotels even afford a babysitting
          service let
          > alone having actually sat for the mother.
          >
          > Bottom line:
          >
          > GOOD ATTORNEY GREAT
          INVESTIGATION

          > Sincerely yours,
          > Sue
          > ________________________
          > Sue Sarkis
          > Sarkis Detective Agency
          >
          > (est. 1976)
          > PI 6564
          > 1346 Ethel Street
          > Glendale, CA 91207-1826
          > 818-242-2505
          > 818-242-9824 FAX
          >
          > If you can read this, thank a teacher. If you can read it in
          English, thank
          > a military veteran !

        • shaebrown2
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 21, 2011
            Hi ,
            I have something to share about child custody.

            If you have children, a divorce order does not mean your relationship with your former spouse will be over. In the interest of your children, you and your ex will need to communicate and cooperate both during your divorce and after.

            Legal custody involves the right to share in the making of decisions concerning the education, medical care and upbringing of a child. Florida favors joint legal custody of children unless there are compelling reasons to give legal custody to one parent.

            In making a child custody determination, Florida courts will consider the best interest of the child. Factors used in determining a child's best interest include:

            • Which parent is more likely to allow the child frequent and continuing contact with the nonresidential parent
            • The bonds of affection between each parents and the child
            • The ability of each parent to meet the child's needs

            Read more at :- http://tinyurl.com/64pdcmc

            Thanks,
            Theodoreen H. Enfield
            http://www.southflticktlawyer.com