Re: [infoguys-list] Re: Thomas Pubs and Equipment ****BUYER BEWARE****

  • TOMPIAM001@aol.com
    Message 1 of 13 , Oct 11, 2006
      There is the right to do business and the wrong way like this trashing of
      Thomas Publishing and NAIS. I have done business with Ralph and Barbara for at
      least 15 years and occasionally have a problem but usually they straighten
      it out. But from what I have seen lately from these self serving e-mails I
      would not trust or do business with this kind that are now trashing NAIS
      (Barbara & Ralph Thomas) Show me any business that does not make occasional
      mistakes including me. I have made a lot of new clients during my association With
      NAIS and Thomas Publications. And what is the track record of these newbies.

      Thomas Hoy
      AM/PM Online Investigations Int'l
      P.O. Box 2072
      Ocean Shores, WA. 98569
      (360) 289-0117 Tel/Fax (360) 289-4662

      Costa Rica Office:
      AM/PM Investigations Int'l
      50 Mts Oesta Bomba Shell, Lava Mas
      Heredia ,Costa Rica 3000

    • VirginiaPI@aol.com
      Message 2 of 13 , Oct 11, 2006
        In a message dated 10/11/2006 2:05:06 PM Eastern Standard Time,
        TOMPIAM001@... writes:

        There is the right to do business and the wrong way like this trashing of
        Thomas Publishing and NAIS. I have done business with Ralph and Barbara for
        at
        least 15 years and occasionally have a problem but usually they straighten
        it out. But from what I have seen lately from these self serving e-mails I
        would not trust or do business with this kind that are now trashing NAIS
        (Barbara & Ralph Thomas) Show me any business that does not make occasional
        mistakes including me. I have made a lot of new clients during my
        association With
        NAIS and Thomas Publications. And what is the track record of these newbies.

        I assure you it is more than occasional. I can remember several years ago
        buying books that were written in large type and only printed on one side of
        the page, yet advertised as 130 pages or so. AND if you bought the book you
        got a certificate that supposedly proved expertise in that area. When I
        complained they just blew me off.

        Thomas seemed to cater to PI wannabes and definitely not to the real
        professionals with their NAIS badges and membership etc. Their equipment is
        overpriced and usually some kind of foreign made junk knockoff of what you can buy
        elsewhere. AND if service is what you want you definitely need to shop
        elsewhere. I bought a defective piece of equipment from them in the last month
        (even I never learn) and they would not cover shipping for the return so I had
        to PAY to send back their junk and ALSO refunds are out of the question.

        So I reiterate if you do business with Thomas ****BUYER BEWARE*******

        BK Vanhorn
        Vanhorn & Vanhorn
        Clarksburg, WV & Roanoke, VA

        Message 3 of 13 , Oct 11, 2006
          Thomas -

          I do have a question that maybe you can answer since you've actually been
          involved with them. I've been unable to find certain things and perhaps you know
          where I can find them. On the other hand, maybe I just totally
          misunderstand what is being done.

          What is NAIS? Are there members? Since you must be a licensed private
          investigator to form such an association as is mandated by TX law, who formed
          NAIS as a professional association? Or is it simply a non-profit corporate
          association? Obviously it cannot be a for-profit corporation unless, of course,
          members are actually shareholders and their dues and renewals actually
          purchase shares.

          Where can I find the bylaws? Where can I find the Articles of Incorporation?

          OUCH !!! NORAD just flew over at a mighty low level.

          Anyway, if you now any of these answers, I'd appreciate hearing from you. I
          think others would also.

          ________________________

          818-242-9824 FAX

          a military veteran !

        • jrm1@optonline.net
          Message 4 of 13 , Oct 11, 2006
            A plane has crashed into a NYC high-rise at 73rd Street. They think it was
            a helicopter although witnesses have described a 4 passenger white piper cub
            type plane.
            Now a 4 alarm fire (Need response from 4 firehouses)
            It is believed the plane belonged to NY Yankees pitcher Cory Lidle who died
            in the crash.

            John Misak
            US UNCOVER, NY
            `1 888 US UNCOVER
            info@...

            HYPERLINK
            "http://geo.yahoo.com/serv?s=97359714/grpId=1003554/grpspId=1705059354/msgId
            =10125/stime=1160599620/nc1=1/nc2=2/nc3=3"