Re: Thomas Pubs and Equipment ****BUYER BEWARE****

  • Leif
    Message 1 of 13 , Oct 10, 2006
      Visit http://www.spyville.com they offer a toll free number for sales
      and tech. They know how to use what they sell.

      Leif "Krang"

    • TOMPIAM001@aol.com
      Message 2 of 13 , Oct 11, 2006
        There is the right to do business and the wrong way like this trashing of
        Thomas Publishing and NAIS. I have done business with Ralph and Barbara for at
        least 15 years and occasionally have a problem but usually they straighten
        it out. But from what I have seen lately from these self serving e-mails I
        would not trust or do business with this kind that are now trashing NAIS
        (Barbara & Ralph Thomas) Show me any business that does not make occasional
        mistakes including me. I have made a lot of new clients during my association With
        NAIS and Thomas Publications. And what is the track record of these newbies.

        Thomas Hoy
        AM/PM Online Investigations Int'l
        P.O. Box 2072
        Ocean Shores, WA. 98569
        (360) 289-0117 Tel/Fax (360) 289-4662

        Costa Rica Office:
        AM/PM Investigations Int'l
        50 Mts Oesta Bomba Shell, Lava Mas
        Heredia ,Costa Rica 3000

      • VirginiaPI@aol.com
        Message 3 of 13 , Oct 11, 2006
          In a message dated 10/11/2006 2:05:06 PM Eastern Standard Time,
          TOMPIAM001@... writes:

          There is the right to do business and the wrong way like this trashing of
          Thomas Publishing and NAIS. I have done business with Ralph and Barbara for
          at
          least 15 years and occasionally have a problem but usually they straighten
          it out. But from what I have seen lately from these self serving e-mails I
          would not trust or do business with this kind that are now trashing NAIS
          (Barbara & Ralph Thomas) Show me any business that does not make occasional
          mistakes including me. I have made a lot of new clients during my
          association With
          NAIS and Thomas Publications. And what is the track record of these newbies.

          I assure you it is more than occasional. I can remember several years ago
          buying books that were written in large type and only printed on one side of
          the page, yet advertised as 130 pages or so. AND if you bought the book you
          got a certificate that supposedly proved expertise in that area. When I
          complained they just blew me off.

          Thomas seemed to cater to PI wannabes and definitely not to the real
          professionals with their NAIS badges and membership etc. Their equipment is
          overpriced and usually some kind of foreign made junk knockoff of what you can buy
          elsewhere. AND if service is what you want you definitely need to shop
          elsewhere. I bought a defective piece of equipment from them in the last month
          (even I never learn) and they would not cover shipping for the return so I had
          to PAY to send back their junk and ALSO refunds are out of the question.

          So I reiterate if you do business with Thomas ****BUYER BEWARE*******

          BK Vanhorn
          Vanhorn & Vanhorn
          Clarksburg, WV & Roanoke, VA

          Message 4 of 13 , Oct 11, 2006
            Thomas -

            I do have a question that maybe you can answer since you've actually been
            involved with them. I've been unable to find certain things and perhaps you know
            where I can find them. On the other hand, maybe I just totally
            misunderstand what is being done.

            What is NAIS? Are there members? Since you must be a licensed private
            investigator to form such an association as is mandated by TX law, who formed
            NAIS as a professional association? Or is it simply a non-profit corporate
            association? Obviously it cannot be a for-profit corporation unless, of course,
            members are actually shareholders and their dues and renewals actually
            purchase shares.

            Where can I find the bylaws? Where can I find the Articles of Incorporation?

            OUCH !!! NORAD just flew over at a mighty low level.

            Anyway, if you now any of these answers, I'd appreciate hearing from you. I
            think others would also.

            ________________________

            818-242-9824 FAX

            a military veteran !

          • jrm1@optonline.net
            Message 5 of 13 , Oct 11, 2006
              A plane has crashed into a NYC high-rise at 73rd Street. They think it was
              a helicopter although witnesses have described a 4 passenger white piper cub
              type plane.
              Now a 4 alarm fire (Need response from 4 firehouses)
              It is believed the plane belonged to NY Yankees pitcher Cory Lidle who died
              in the crash.

              John Misak
              US UNCOVER, NY
              `1 888 US UNCOVER
              info@...

              HYPERLINK
              "http://geo.yahoo.com/serv?s=97359714/grpId=1003554/grpspId=1705059354/msgId
              =10125/stime=1160599620/nc1=1/nc2=2/nc3=3"