Interesting Articles about Pretexting (US)

  • telematicsonline
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 6, 2006
      Greetings to all,

      I thought these articles may be of some interest:

      1. Seller of Telephone Records Settles FTC Charges

      Company that used pretexting to obtain and sell phone records and
      credit card information gives up ill-gotten gains.

      Full Story: http://www.pcworld.com/article/127393-1/article.html?
      tk=nl_dnxnws

      2. Dunn and Four Others Named in Criminal Complaint in HP Spy
      Scandal

      UPDATE: Dunn's lawyer responds to felony charges against his client;
      former HP senior lawyer, a security contractor, and two others also
      charged.

      Full Story: http://www.pcworld.com/article/127385-1/article.html?
      tk=nl_dnxnws

      3. Congress Leaves Tech Legislation Unfinished

      Congress fails to pass electronic-surveillance and phone-records-
      privacy legislation before recessing.

      Full Story: http://www.pcworld.com/article/127357-1/article.html?
      tk=nl_dnxnws

      My very best regards,
      -R.

      J. Ryan Winter
      Managing Director
      SK PI LIC.#: 5627

      Telematics-Online Research & Investigation Inc.
      Suite 427, 4246 Albert Street
      Regina, SK Canada S4S 3R9

      1.306.352.3533 Phone
      1.306.352.3534 Facsimile
      1.877.777.3533 Toll Free (Canada & United States)

      Email: ryan.winter@...
      http://www.telematics-online.com