Re: [infoguys-list] Thomas Pubs and Equipment ****BUYER BEWARE****

    Message 1 of 13 , Sep 25, 2006
      Rick -

      Why don't you tell us how you really feel??? LOL

      My sentiments precisely. I could not have said it better.

      ________________________

      818-242-9824 FAX

      a military veteran !

    • HollowayPI@aol.com
      Message 2 of 13 , Sep 25, 2006
        Rick

        I concur with all that you stated. I have been taken by them in the past
        and when I started selling some items and let other's know I had them for sale
        he and Barb really took it to heart so much so they bad mouthed me and
        blocked me from posting on their groups.

        People need to know what greedy people they are and that their over priced
        products are not worth it and they will not take care of you either the
        customer service is CRAP as well. I suggest that others do need to be ****BUYER
        BEWARE**** and not join the so called Association either as it is just for
        their greed and marketing methods.

        I can admit I have and still do at times send out post when I have something
        to sell but no where as often as they do.

        Cordially,
        Roger

        Roger Holloway TPLI
        PO Box 851
        Iowa Park, TX 76367
        940-592-7000
        _www.TexasDetective.com_ (http://www.texasdetective.com/)
        TX License # A10709

        In a message dated 9/25/2006 12:47:12 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
        rmriinc@... writes:

        --- VirginiaPI@... wrote:

        > I recently responded to an ad for an audio recording
        > pen advertised by
        > Thomas. I must say - BUYER BEWARE.

        Yes.. To put it mildly, "Ralph Thomas sells CRAP!"

        What's worse, they use their groups to SPAM people
        with their CRAP!

        Ralph Thomas has made a living off of "raping" the PI
        Industry for a long time, and most people that have
        been "in the know", know it.. From his worthless,
        overpriced products, to his public opinions that he
        should keep to himself (since he does not even have a
        PI License) that has "hurt" our industry, to promoting
        P.I.s that impersonate Federal Agents and Tamper With
        Witnesses as being one of the "top 25 P.I.s of the
        century" (a totally bogus and made up "honor", by
        Ralph Thomas himself), he has certainly done more harm
        than good to our industry... So, his products aren't
        the only CRAP he is pushing...

        I heard from someone once that he does not even care,
        because he has made so much money off of peddling his
        CRAP, that he is comfortable enough not to care...

        I have never bought his products, but I have a few
        friends that have, and on all accounts they were
        largely unhappy.

        And I have not begun to say how I REALLY feel about
        that greedy moron... Yet..

        Rick.

        MAILING ADDRESS: 2101 W. Broadway PMB 326, Columbia, MO. 65203

        Phone: (888) 571-0958
        Fax: (877) 795-9800
        Cell: (573) 529-0808

        Email: RMRI-Inc@...
        http://www.rmriinc.com

        To unsubscribe, send a message to
        _infoguys-list-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com_ (mailto:infoguys-list-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com) <br/>
        <hr>
        Yahoo! Groups Links

        Cordially,
        Roger

        Roger Holloway TPLI
        PO Box 851
        Iowa Park, TX 76367
        940-592-7000
        _www.TexasDetective.com_ (http://www.texasdetective.com/)
        TX License # A10709

        Member:
        TPSA, TALI, IPSA, ION, NNA, NSA,
        NAPPS, USPSA, NRRN, IWWA

        "CONFIDENTIALITY WARNING":

        This electronic message contains Information, which may be privileged and/or
        confidential. The information is intended for use only by the individual(s)
        or entity named/indicated above. Be aware that any disclosure, copying,
        distribution, or use of the content of this message / information is prohibited.
        If you received this message in error please contact us right away. Please be
        advised any advice or opinions should not be considered legal advice I am not
        an Attorney. This Email contains information that is confidential,
        proprietary or otherwise protected and is for the addressee only. Federal law protects
        it. This message may contain privileged material and may not be shared,
        distributed or forwarded to any person or entity not the intended recipient. If
        you are not the intended receiver, return this message immediately. This
        message is the property of the sender alone. Attempts to intercept this message are
        in violation of 25 USC 2511.

      • zkbecker
        Message 3 of 13 , Oct 9, 2006
          On that note, can anyone recommend legit places to buy good equipment
          with good customer service? Thanks.
        • Bob Hrodey
          Message 4 of 13 , Oct 9, 2006
            zkbecker, wrote the following at or about 10/9/2006 1:25 PM:
            > On that note, can anyone recommend legit places to buy good equipment
            > with good customer service? Thanks.

            There are so many specialties that it's really hard to find just one or
            even a couple that "are all things to all men (and women<g>)"

            Start by being very careful or ignoring places that entice you with
            promises of riches beyond imagination while, at the same time, offering
            you texts or programs covering everything under the sun, "certification"
            after completing their "one book" course of home study, and, of course,
            include a certificate of completion or certification along with the
            initial purchase.<g>

            Charles C. Thomas Publishing, of Springfield, IL offers a wide range of
            publications for investigations and law enforcement. Most all of them
            are quite good and are often used in college Criminal Justice programs.
            They are authored by a wide range of experts (acknowledged as such by
            their peers rather than by hype of the publisher).

            Lawyers & Judges Publishing of Tucson, AZ also publishes a number of
            very good texts and manuals.

            Look around and if you see something that looks good, ask others about
            it before you buy. If you read the tout for a certain book and you find
            yourself asking yourself, "Gee, how can I possibly learn all that just
            by reading..." You've already learned how to investigate and understand
            that what you're reading likely can't pass the basic "smell test."

            When dealing with book titles, MOST mainstream works will be found
            through more than one site. i.e., even though the easiest place to find
            some products is through the publisher, the better ones will be
            available through a multitude of outlets like Amazon.com, Barnes &
            Noble, etc.

            Don't hesitate to explore some of the lesser known pubs though. Frank
            Ritter has an excellent book that covers quite well (granted some areas
            are covered better than others) almost anything you'd likely want to
            know about conducting just about any type of investigation. It's not
            the be all, end all and doesn't pretend to be. Think of it as a
            "Cliff's Notes" for investigators. Very, very handy book and it truly
            is a book. With spine, binding, hard cover and all that good stuff.
            Not a 30 page paperback with staples that might cut your fingers as you
            tear it up in frustration over the semi-literate writing you find therein.

            --
            Enjoy,

            Bob
            Hrodey & Associates Established 1977
            e-mail: inquiry@... or rth@...
            Illinois License 115-000783 Wisconsin 8045-063
          • Tracy Rudisel
            Message 5 of 13 , Oct 9, 2006
              Hello Everyone,

              Check us out www.spytrends.com We know how important customer service is being that we also run our investigations company. I think you'll be impressed with what we have to offer at comparable prices.

              Please feel free to email us with any questions you may have concerning our products at our store.

              zkbecker <zbecker@...> wrote:
              On that note, can anyone recommend legit places to buy good equipment
              with good customer service? Thanks.

              Tracy Rudisel
              Rudisel Investigations
              9457 S.University Blvd.#122
              Littleton, Co. 80126
              303.944.4242
              Rudiselinvestigations@...
              www.rudiselinvestigations.com
              www.spytrends.com
              Member NAIS, PBUS

            • Leif
              Message 6 of 13 , Oct 10, 2006
                Visit http://www.spyville.com they offer a toll free number for sales
                and tech. They know how to use what they sell.

                Leif "Krang"

              • TOMPIAM001@aol.com
                Message 7 of 13 , Oct 11, 2006
                  There is the right to do business and the wrong way like this trashing of
                  Thomas Publishing and NAIS. I have done business with Ralph and Barbara for at
                  least 15 years and occasionally have a problem but usually they straighten
                  it out. But from what I have seen lately from these self serving e-mails I
                  would not trust or do business with this kind that are now trashing NAIS
                  (Barbara & Ralph Thomas) Show me any business that does not make occasional
                  mistakes including me. I have made a lot of new clients during my association With
                  NAIS and Thomas Publications. And what is the track record of these newbies.

                  Thomas Hoy
                  AM/PM Online Investigations Int'l
                  P.O. Box 2072
                  Ocean Shores, WA. 98569
                  (360) 289-0117 Tel/Fax (360) 289-4662

                  Costa Rica Office:
                  AM/PM Investigations Int'l
                  50 Mts Oesta Bomba Shell, Lava Mas
                  Heredia ,Costa Rica 3000

                • VirginiaPI@aol.com
                  Message 8 of 13 , Oct 11, 2006
                    In a message dated 10/11/2006 2:05:06 PM Eastern Standard Time,
                    TOMPIAM001@... writes:

                    There is the right to do business and the wrong way like this trashing of
                    Thomas Publishing and NAIS. I have done business with Ralph and Barbara for
                    at
                    least 15 years and occasionally have a problem but usually they straighten
                    it out. But from what I have seen lately from these self serving e-mails I
                    would not trust or do business with this kind that are now trashing NAIS
                    (Barbara & Ralph Thomas) Show me any business that does not make occasional
                    mistakes including me. I have made a lot of new clients during my
                    association With
                    NAIS and Thomas Publications. And what is the track record of these newbies.

                    I assure you it is more than occasional. I can remember several years ago
                    buying books that were written in large type and only printed on one side of
                    the page, yet advertised as 130 pages or so. AND if you bought the book you
                    got a certificate that supposedly proved expertise in that area. When I
                    complained they just blew me off.

                    Thomas seemed to cater to PI wannabes and definitely not to the real
                    professionals with their NAIS badges and membership etc. Their equipment is
                    overpriced and usually some kind of foreign made junk knockoff of what you can buy
                    elsewhere. AND if service is what you want you definitely need to shop
                    elsewhere. I bought a defective piece of equipment from them in the last month
                    (even I never learn) and they would not cover shipping for the return so I had
                    to PAY to send back their junk and ALSO refunds are out of the question.

                    So I reiterate if you do business with Thomas ****BUYER BEWARE*******

                    BK Vanhorn
                    Vanhorn & Vanhorn
                    Clarksburg, WV & Roanoke, VA

                    Message 9 of 13 , Oct 11, 2006
                      Thomas -

                      I do have a question that maybe you can answer since you've actually been
                      involved with them. I've been unable to find certain things and perhaps you know
                      where I can find them. On the other hand, maybe I just totally
                      misunderstand what is being done.

                      What is NAIS? Are there members? Since you must be a licensed private
                      investigator to form such an association as is mandated by TX law, who formed
                      NAIS as a professional association? Or is it simply a non-profit corporate
                      association? Obviously it cannot be a for-profit corporation unless, of course,
                      members are actually shareholders and their dues and renewals actually
                      purchase shares.

                      Where can I find the bylaws? Where can I find the Articles of Incorporation?

                      OUCH !!! NORAD just flew over at a mighty low level.

                      Anyway, if you now any of these answers, I'd appreciate hearing from you. I
                      think others would also.

                      ________________________

                      818-242-9824 FAX

                      a military veteran !

                    • jrm1@optonline.net
                      Message 10 of 13 , Oct 11, 2006
                        A plane has crashed into a NYC high-rise at 73rd Street. They think it was
                        a helicopter although witnesses have described a 4 passenger white piper cub
                        type plane.
                        Now a 4 alarm fire (Need response from 4 firehouses)
                        It is believed the plane belonged to NY Yankees pitcher Cory Lidle who died
                        in the crash.

                        John Misak
                        US UNCOVER, NY
                        `1 888 US UNCOVER
                        info@...

                        HYPERLINK
                        "http://geo.yahoo.com/serv?s=97359714/grpId=1003554/grpspId=1705059354/msgId
                        =10125/stime=1160599620/nc1=1/nc2=2/nc3=3"