Re: [infoguys-list] Rewards for Justice Program

  • c.o
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 3, 2006
      Hi there Alfred
      thats intresting news.However i do have one question.Does the reward for Justice programme contract,authorise and /or actively assist independant entities to look up wanted persons.
      for instance,There is high suspicion of a Rwandan Kabga wanted for genocide crimes.Does the programme seek individual help in such cases?
      Regards
      Lydspi
      Nairobi
      Carol

      Alfred <alfrdsmith@...> wrote: The Rewards for Justice Program has paid more than $62 million for
      information that prevented international terrorist attacks or helped
      bring to justice those involved in prior acts.

      The following examples are based on real-life instances where rewards
      were paid. Details have been fictionalized to protect identities.

      After the 1993 bombing of the World Trade Center in New York, accused
      bomber Ramzi Ahmed Yousef fled the U.S. Leaflets and posters, even
      matchbooks, were distributed world-wide seeking this fugitive. Not
      long after, an informant offered a tip regarding Yousef's
      whereabouts. He was captured in Pakistan and is now in jail in the
      U.S. The informant received a reward for sharing this knowledge.

      Forty-eight hours before an airport bombing was set to occur, it was
      stopped by a brave young man who stepped forward with information.
      The terrorist had already assembled automatic weapons , grenades, and
      explosives. The young man received a significant reward and this
      family was relocated to a safe place. Hundreds of lives were saved.

      A young woman came forward with information regarding aircraft
      hijackers who brutally beat passengers. She stated that she "felt
      strongly about justice being done." The team leader of the hijackers
      was returned to the U.S. and is imprisoned on air piracy charges.

      A young woman, a student at a foreign university, witnessed the
      brutal assassination of a U.S. diplomat. Two attackers were placed in
      a foreign prison for life as a result of the information she
      provided. She received a reward.

      In addition to a cash reward, personal protection is available. You
      and your family may be relocated to a safe location, and have an
      opportunity to start a new life, pay for a home, and educate your
      children.

      Rewards work. Rewards do get paid. Thousands of people around the
      world are alive because of them.

      1-800-US REWARDS
      1-800-877-3927

      Rewards for Justice
      Washington, D.C.
      USA
      20522-0303

    • c.o

        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 3, 2006
          Hello Carol,

          Now you have raised a very intersting question. I am not that well
          versed in this program, in fact, it was news to myself as well when
          I read it...intelectually, I would say no. My rationale would be
          that since they are offereing the reward that it is expected that
          you as an individual or group would provide all the grunt work
          associated. Subtract your cost from the top of the reward, and
          there you have it your net profit/gain.

          My further thoughts would be that if you have a lead on an
          individual, that you could work with a group that would be able to
          provide you with the logistics, intelligence and so forth with the
          understanding that they will be properly compensated once things are
          wrapped up. Of course, a true professional would understand this.

          Does anyone else have any insight ?

          Alfred Smith

          Alfred Smith Detective Agency
          Indianapolis, Indiana

          --- In infoguys-list@yahoogroups.com, "c.o" <lickermo@...> wrote:

> [...]
          > hijackers who brutally beat passengers. She stated that she "felt
          > strongly about justice being done." The team leader of the
          hijackers
          > was returned to the U.S. and is imprisoned on air piracy charges.
          >
          > A young woman, a student at a foreign university, witnessed the
          > brutal assassination of a U.S. diplomat. Two attackers were
          placed in
          > a foreign prison for life as a result of the information she
          > provided. She received a reward.
          >
          > In addition to a cash reward, personal protection is available.
          You
          > and your family may be relocated to a safe location, and have an
          > opportunity to start a new life, pay for a home, and educate your
          > children.
          >
          > Rewards work. Rewards do get paid. Thousands of people around the

        • Marvin Woodworth
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 4, 2006
            With regards to the Program.
            The following are questions and any with regards to
            the rewards.
            Q: Can you provide some information about the Rewards
            for Justice Program?

            Answer:

            The goal of the Rewards for Justice Program is to
            bring international terrorists to justice and prevent
            acts of international terrorism against the United
            States.

            Under the program, the Secretary of State may offer
            rewards up to $25 million for information that
            prevents, frustrates, or favorably resolves acts of
            international terrorism against U.S. interests
            worldwide, or leads to the arrest or conviction, in
            any country, of terrorists responsible for such acts.

            The Program has been an effective tool in the fight
            against international terrorism.

            Since the program's inception, the United States has
            paid over $62 million to over 40 people who have
            provided credible information that put terrorists
            behind bars or prevented acts of international
            terrorism worldwide.

            back to top | send a tip

            Q: How effective is the program?

            Answer:

            The program saves lives. People have provided
            information that has helped us prevent or favorably
            resolve acts of international terrorism against U.S.
            interests and put terrorists in prison, thereby saving
            thousands of innocent lives.

            Q: Can you provide some details on specific rewards
            payments?

            Answer:

            The largest payment to date was $30 million. A key
            aspect of this program is that we ensure that
            confidential.

            In order to ensure the safety of people who provide us
            with information, we do not comment on specific
            rewards payments or cases in which we have paid a
            reward.

            However, the Rewards for Justice Program has been
            enormously successful over the years. Our advertising
            campaigns played an important part in the capture of
            terrorist Ramzi Yousef.

            back to top | send a tip

            Q: Can a person receive a reward for information on a
            terrorist not on the most wanted list?

            Answer:

            Yes, if the terrorist has been involved in or was
            planning an attack against U.S. persons and/or
            property. In addition, a reward may be paid for the
            identification or location of a key leader of a
            terrorist organization. RFJ can also pay rewards for
            information on a member of a drug cartel who is
            trafficking drugs to help raise money to sustain or
            support a terrorist organization or to finance acts of
            international terrorism.

            Q: What if a source risks his/her life to provide
            information on a terrorist and then he/she finds that
            his/her life is in danger? Can the Rewards for Justice
            Program provide protection?

            Answer:

            Yes, protection and relocation of a source and his/her
            family are available if it is deemed necessary for
            security reasons. Many rewards program participants
            have been relocated in the past, but we cannot provide
            details due to the assurance of strict
            confidentiality. These matters are considered on a
            case by case basis.

            Q: How can we be sure that you've actually paid
            rewards if you won't give us specifics?

            Answer:

            We provide a classified report to Congress each time a
            reward is paid under this program, but specific
            rewards amounts have been made public. There have been
            several public RFJ rewards ceremonies in the
            Philippines, for example, and the record $30 million
            reward amount for information leading to the location
            of Uday and Qusay Hussein was also confirmed. Click
            here for more information.

            Q: What about the reported $25 million in the
            September 11 attacks?

            Answer:

            The Patriot Act of 2001 raised the reward amount to
            $25 million in the September 11th attacks only.

            back to top | send a tip

            Q: Is the money all government or some private?

            Answer:

            The money offered here comes from the U.S. Government.

            In cases involving U.S. civil aviation, the Air
            Transport Association of America and the Airline
            Pilots Association International have pledged up to $
            1 million each in funds to supplement rewards paid by
            the U.S. Government.

            Q: Can you provide details on the Rewards for Justice
            Fund?

            Answer:

            The Rewards for Justice Fund is a non-governmental,
            non-profit 501 (c) (3) charitable organization created
            and administered by a group of private American
            citizens.

            The group approached the State Department shortly
            after the September 11 attacks, requesting approval to
            raise money through donations from the general public
            to support the Rewards for Justice Program.

            We reviewed this proposal and support the efforts of
            the Rewards for Justice Fund.

            Additional questions should be directed to the Fund at
            the website www.rewardsfund.org

            back to top | send a tip

            Q: How is the size of a reward amount determined?

            Answer:

            The process for paying a reward:

            A person is nominated for a reward from a U.S.
            investigating agency.

            An interagency committee chaired by the Department of
            State evaluates the information provided and
            determines if a reward should be paid.

            If the committee believes a reward should be paid, it
            then sets an amount for payment.

            The committee determines the size of the reward
            payment based on a number of factors, including the
            value of the information provided, the risk faced by
            the informant, and the degree of the informant's
            cooperation in an investigation or trial.

            A recommendation for payment is made to the Secretary
            of State.

            The Secretary then consults with the Attorney General.

            If both approve the reward, then a reward is paid.

            back to top | send a tip

            Q: What agencies sit on the interagency committee?

            Answer:

            State Department (Chair)
            National Security Council
            Department Of Justice
            FBI
            CIA
            Other Agencies, depending upon the particular case
            (Note: For example, if the case involves civil
            aviation, we would invite the FAA to participate.)
            back to top | send a tip

            Q: Are there any exclusionary provisions for
            eligibility that would keep those certain people from
            getting a reward? How about people with unsavory
            backgrounds?

            Answer:

            Under the U.S. law that governs the program, federal,
            state, and local government employees are not eligible
            for a reward if they provide information while in the
            performance of their official duties.

            While there are no other statutory exclusions for
            rewards payments, we closely examine the backgrounds
            of those individuals nominated for rewards payments.

            Q: By offering a reward, aren't you encouraging bounty
            hunters?

            Answer:

            The Rewards for Justice Program offers rewards for
            information.

            We discourage bounty hunters or other non-governmental
            entities from pursuing the capture of terrorists.

            People with information should contact the FBI, the
            nearest U.S. Embassy or Consulate, or contact us at
            Rewards for Justice, Washington D.C. 20522-0303, USA
            or call 1-800-US-REWARDS, or RFJ@....

            back to top | send a tip

            Q: How do you advertise the rewards?

            Answer:

            We use posters, matchbooks, paid advertisements
            (radio, newspapers), the Internet, and any other
            avenue we feel is appropriate to assist in disrupting
            terrorist activity and bringing a terrorist to
            justice.

            Q: Has the Internet been an effective tool in this
            program?

            Answer:

            The Internet has been a valuable tool in advertising
            our reward offers.

            Through the Internet, we can reach millions of
            subscribers in more than 150 countries, including
            Cuba, Iran, Iraq, Libya, North Korea, Syria, and
            Sudan, the State Sponsors of international terrorism.

            By advertising our rewards over the internet, we seek
            to get our message into State Sponsored countries
            without censorship.

            Hope this answers some of the question.

            Marvin Woodworth
            Investigation Services Inc.
            Stealth Research Security Agency
            mwoodworth@...
            602.721.8508

            href="mailto:infoguys-list-subscribe@yahoogroups.com">infoguys-list-subscribe@yahoogroups.com</a><br/>
            > To unsubscribe, send a message to <a

            > Yahoo! Groups Links

            http://mail.yahoo.com
          • Alfred
            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 5, 2006
              All: This follow-up information was provided courtesy of Marvin
              Woodworth (stealthagency). Thank you Marvin for taking the time to
              enlighten us all! Al

              --- In infoguys-list@yahoogroups.com, Marvin Woodworth