Rewards for Justice Program

  • Alfred
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 3, 2006
      The Rewards for Justice Program has paid more than $62 million for
      information that prevented international terrorist attacks or helped
      bring to justice those involved in prior acts.

      The following examples are based on real-life instances where rewards
      were paid. Details have been fictionalized to protect identities.

      After the 1993 bombing of the World Trade Center in New York, accused
      bomber Ramzi Ahmed Yousef fled the U.S. Leaflets and posters, even
      matchbooks, were distributed world-wide seeking this fugitive. Not
      long after, an informant offered a tip regarding Yousef's
      whereabouts. He was captured in Pakistan and is now in jail in the
      U.S. The informant received a reward for sharing this knowledge.

      Forty-eight hours before an airport bombing was set to occur, it was
      stopped by a brave young man who stepped forward with information.
      The terrorist had already assembled automatic weapons , grenades, and
      explosives. The young man received a significant reward and this
      family was relocated to a safe place. Hundreds of lives were saved.

      A young woman came forward with information regarding aircraft
      hijackers who brutally beat passengers. She stated that she "felt
      strongly about justice being done." The team leader of the hijackers
      was returned to the U.S. and is imprisoned on air piracy charges.

      A young woman, a student at a foreign university, witnessed the
      brutal assassination of a U.S. diplomat. Two attackers were placed in
      a foreign prison for life as a result of the information she
      provided. She received a reward.

      In addition to a cash reward, personal protection is available. You
      and your family may be relocated to a safe location, and have an
      opportunity to start a new life, pay for a home, and educate your
      children.

      Rewards work. Rewards do get paid. Thousands of people around the
      world are alive because of them.

      1-800-US REWARDS
      1-800-877-3927

      Rewards for Justice
      Washington, D.C.
      USA
      20522-0303
    • c.o
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 3, 2006
        Hi there Alfred
        thats intresting news.However i do have one question.Does the reward for Justice programme contract,authorise and /or actively assist independant entities to look up wanted persons.
        for instance,There is high suspicion of a Rwandan Kabga wanted for genocide crimes.Does the programme seek individual help in such cases?
        Regards
        Lydspi
        Nairobi
        Carol

        Alfred <alfrdsmith@...> wrote: The Rewards for Justice Program has paid more than $62 million for

          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 3, 2006
            Hello Carol,

            Now you have raised a very intersting question. I am not that well
            versed in this program, in fact, it was news to myself as well when
            I read it...intelectually, I would say no. My rationale would be
            that since they are offereing the reward that it is expected that
            you as an individual or group would provide all the grunt work
            associated. Subtract your cost from the top of the reward, and
            there you have it your net profit/gain.

            My further thoughts would be that if you have a lead on an
            individual, that you could work with a group that would be able to
            provide you with the logistics, intelligence and so forth with the
            understanding that they will be properly compensated once things are
            wrapped up. Of course, a true professional would understand this.

            Does anyone else have any insight ?

            Alfred Smith

            Alfred Smith Detective Agency
            Indianapolis, Indiana

            --- In infoguys-list@yahoogroups.com, "c.o" <lickermo@...> wrote:

> [...]
            > hijackers who brutally beat passengers. She stated that she "felt
            > strongly about justice being done." The team leader of the
            hijackers
            > was returned to the U.S. and is imprisoned on air piracy charges.
            >
            > A young woman, a student at a foreign university, witnessed the
            > brutal assassination of a U.S. diplomat. Two attackers were
            placed in
            > a foreign prison for life as a result of the information she
            > provided. She received a reward.
            >
            > In addition to a cash reward, personal protection is available.
            You
            > and your family may be relocated to a safe location, and have an
            > opportunity to start a new life, pay for a home, and educate your
            > children.
            >
            > Rewards work. Rewards do get paid. Thousands of people around the

          • Marvin Woodworth
            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 4, 2006
              With regards to the Program.
              The following are questions and any with regards to
              the rewards.
              Q: Can you provide some information about the Rewards
              for Justice Program?

              Answer:

              The goal of the Rewards for Justice Program is to
              bring international terrorists to justice and prevent
              acts of international terrorism against the United
              States.

              Under the program, the Secretary of State may offer
              rewards up to $25 million for information that
              prevents, frustrates, or favorably resolves acts of
              international terrorism against U.S. interests
              worldwide, or leads to the arrest or conviction, in
              any country, of terrorists responsible for such acts.

              The Program has been an effective tool in the fight
              against international terrorism.

              Since the program's inception, the United States has
              paid over $62 million to over 40 people who have
              provided credible information that put terrorists
              behind bars or prevented acts of international
              terrorism worldwide.

              back to top | send a tip

              Q: How effective is the program?

              Answer:

              The program saves lives. People have provided
              information that has helped us prevent or favorably
              resolve acts of international terrorism against U.S.
              interests and put terrorists in prison, thereby saving
              thousands of innocent lives.

              Q: Can you provide some details on specific rewards
              payments?

              Answer:

              The largest payment to date was $30 million. A key
              aspect of this program is that we ensure that
              confidential.

              In order to ensure the safety of people who provide us
              with information, we do not comment on specific
              rewards payments or cases in which we have paid a
              reward.

              However, the Rewards for Justice Program has been
              enormously successful over the years. Our advertising
              campaigns played an important part in the capture of
              terrorist Ramzi Yousef.

              back to top | send a tip

              Q: Can a person receive a reward for information on a
              terrorist not on the most wanted list?

              Answer:

              Yes, if the terrorist has been involved in or was
              planning an attack against U.S. persons and/or
              property. In addition, a reward may be paid for the
              identification or location of a key leader of a
              terrorist organization. RFJ can also pay rewards for
              information on a member of a drug cartel who is
              trafficking drugs to help raise money to sustain or
              support a terrorist organization or to finance acts of
              international terrorism.

              Q: What if a source risks his/her life to provide
              information on a terrorist and then he/she finds that
              his/her life is in danger? Can the Rewards for Justice
              Program provide protection?

              Answer:

              Yes, protection and relocation of a source and his/her
              family are available if it is deemed necessary for
              security reasons. Many rewards program participants
              have been relocated in the past, but we cannot provide
              details due to the assurance of strict
              confidentiality. These matters are considered on a
              case by case basis.

              Q: How can we be sure that you've actually paid
              rewards if you won't give us specifics?

              Answer:

              We provide a classified report to Congress each time a
              reward is paid under this program, but specific
              rewards amounts have been made public. There have been
              several public RFJ rewards ceremonies in the
              Philippines, for example, and the record $30 million
              reward amount for information leading to the location
              of Uday and Qusay Hussein was also confirmed. Click
              here for more information.

              Q: What about the reported $25 million in the
              September 11 attacks?

              Answer:

              The Patriot Act of 2001 raised the reward amount to
              $25 million in the September 11th attacks only.

              back to top | send a tip

              Q: Is the money all government or some private?

              Answer:

              The money offered here comes from the U.S. Government.

              In cases involving U.S. civil aviation, the Air
              Transport Association of America and the Airline
              Pilots Association International have pledged up to $
              1 million each in funds to supplement rewards paid by
              the U.S. Government.

              Q: Can you provide details on the Rewards for Justice
              Fund?

              Answer:

              The Rewards for Justice Fund is a non-governmental,
              non-profit 501 (c) (3) charitable organization created
              and administered by a group of private American
              citizens.

              The group approached the State Department shortly
              after the September 11 attacks, requesting approval to
              raise money through donations from the general public
              to support the Rewards for Justice Program.

              We reviewed this proposal and support the efforts of
              the Rewards for Justice Fund.

              Additional questions should be directed to the Fund at
              the website www.rewardsfund.org

              back to top | send a tip

              Q: How is the size of a reward amount determined?

              Answer:

              The process for paying a reward:

              A person is nominated for a reward from a U.S.
              investigating agency.

              An interagency committee chaired by the Department of
              State evaluates the information provided and
              determines if a reward should be paid.

              If the committee believes a reward should be paid, it
              then sets an amount for payment.

              The committee determines the size of the reward
              payment based on a number of factors, including the
              value of the information provided, the risk faced by
              the informant, and the degree of the informant's
              cooperation in an investigation or trial.

              A recommendation for payment is made to the Secretary
              of State.

              The Secretary then consults with the Attorney General.

              If both approve the reward, then a reward is paid.

              back to top | send a tip

              Q: What agencies sit on the interagency committee?

              Answer:

              State Department (Chair)
              National Security Council
              Department Of Justice
              FBI
              CIA
              Other Agencies, depending upon the particular case
              (Note: For example, if the case involves civil
              aviation, we would invite the FAA to participate.)
              back to top | send a tip

              Q: Are there any exclusionary provisions for
              eligibility that would keep those certain people from
              getting a reward? How about people with unsavory
              backgrounds?

              Answer:

              Under the U.S. law that governs the program, federal,
              state, and local government employees are not eligible
              for a reward if they provide information while in the
              performance of their official duties.

              While there are no other statutory exclusions for
              rewards payments, we closely examine the backgrounds
              of those individuals nominated for rewards payments.

              Q: By offering a reward, aren't you encouraging bounty
              hunters?

              Answer:

              The Rewards for Justice Program offers rewards for
              information.

              We discourage bounty hunters or other non-governmental
              entities from pursuing the capture of terrorists.

              People with information should contact the FBI, the
              nearest U.S. Embassy or Consulate, or contact us at
              Rewards for Justice, Washington D.C. 20522-0303, USA
              or call 1-800-US-REWARDS, or RFJ@....

              back to top | send a tip

              Q: How do you advertise the rewards?

              Answer:

              We use posters, matchbooks, paid advertisements
              (radio, newspapers), the Internet, and any other
              avenue we feel is appropriate to assist in disrupting
              terrorist activity and bringing a terrorist to
              justice.

              Q: Has the Internet been an effective tool in this
              program?

              Answer:

              The Internet has been a valuable tool in advertising
              our reward offers.

              Through the Internet, we can reach millions of
              subscribers in more than 150 countries, including
              Cuba, Iran, Iraq, Libya, North Korea, Syria, and
              Sudan, the State Sponsors of international terrorism.

              By advertising our rewards over the internet, we seek
              to get our message into State Sponsored countries
              without censorship.

              Hope this answers some of the question.

              Marvin Woodworth
              Investigation Services Inc.
              Stealth Research Security Agency
              mwoodworth@...
              602.721.8508

              href="mailto:infoguys-list-subscribe@yahoogroups.com">infoguys-list-subscribe@yahoogroups.com</a><br/>
              > To unsubscribe, send a message to <a

              > Yahoo! Groups Links

              http://mail.yahoo.com
            • Alfred
              Message 6 of 6 , Sep 5, 2006
                All: This follow-up information was provided courtesy of Marvin
                Woodworth (stealthagency). Thank you Marvin for taking the time to
                enlighten us all! Al

                --- In infoguys-list@yahoogroups.com, Marvin Woodworth