8153Re: Digest Number 1434

  • romulusredux
    May 31, 2005
      I read the article, and your response in no way answers the questions
      I posed. If PIs did nothing but work for jury consultants, I'd
      question their profession's contribution to the search for justice as
      well. And to the extent that they DO work for jcs, as well as for the
      OJ Simpsons and Michael Jacksons of this world, not to mention mob
      lawyers and other such slime, I question their contribution to the
      greater good as well.

      So are you then saying that since PIs work for your sort, and since
      this is in a sense their forum, no-one here is in a position to
      question what you do, or to argue that your goals have little or
      nothing to do with justice?

      You are clearly ducking the larger questions involved here, and it's
      either because you see no adequate way to answer them, or because what
      you do causes you to wear the sort of blinders that prevent you from
      examining these questions at all.

      Perhaps I should present a hypothetical question that will reflect
      some of the issues here in a way you (and the attorneys you work for)
      can better relate to:

      In a debating forum where lying is permitted under the rules, and the
      participants are drawn from a pool of trained liars, how likely is it
      that the best liar will win each debate? Does that likelihood then
      increase in proportion to the gullibility of the panel members chosen
      to hear and decide the winner?

      And would you want such a system used in any situation where your
      future wellfare depends on the outcome of such a debate?

      Lex