7251RE: [infoguys-list] Re: ATTENDANCE/REETINGS FROM AFRICA

  • Vicki Siedow
    Jan 5, 2005
      Well, I'm keeping Mr. JOHNSON OKEBUKOLA Esq.'s info on file, instead of the
      other guy. :)

      Vicki Siedow
      Siedow & Associates Investigations
      & Custom Legal Support Services
      2629 Foothill Blvd. #262
      La Crescenta (Los Angeles area), CA 91214
      818-688-3295 fax
      Siedow@...
      http://Siedow.LawAndOrder.com
      CA Lic. PI #22852
      Need economical legal help?
      http://AreYouProtectedYet.com

      From: "JOHNSON OKEBUKOLA Esq" <aptcons@...>
      Subject: Fw: ATTENDANCE/GREETINGS FROM AFRICA - OBSERVATION!!

      Dear Colleagues,

      Without prejudice,

      Nigerian laws with special exceptions forbids the practice of 'Private
      investigation'. It is pertinent to know the registration details of subject.

      A limited liability company in Nigeria cannot as at present be registered
      for the sole purpose of 'PRIVATE INVESTIGATION' in Nigeria as depicted by
      the member of this group in the greeting subject.

      For your information only, A Private Guard Company in Nigeria (which is the
      the only permitted body to arrange private security matters allowed by
      law)
      is precluded from operating as a 'private investigator by the said law. To
      operate as such, will negate the Private Guards Companies Act Chapter 367
      laws of the Federation of Nigeria 1990, at Section 22. This states inter
      alia that 'No person ..shall use the expression " private detective" in
      connection with such business or employment or hold himself out in any
      manner as a private detective.'

      Section 28 of the Act also states that 'Any person which by any false,
      misleading or deceptive statement, representation or promise or by any
      willful concealment of a material fact, induces or attempts to induce any
      person to enter into an arrangement or contract in connection with its
      business as such shall be guilty of an offence.'

      By this fact, it will be wrong for a person or body corporate to own to be
      operating an investigative enterprise in Nigeria without being properly
      registered or licensed for that PARTICULAR PURPOSE.

      JOHNSON OKEBUKOLA Esq.
      NIGERIA.
      aptchamber@...
      www.aptconsultancy.com
      MABI, MWAD,MIPI,MWIN, MGIN, MIACP.MWAPI.

      --- In infoguys-list@yahoogroups.com, SUNNY LIDIPE <sunivision2000@y...>
      wrote:

      > Dear Colleagues,
      >

      > Complement of the season and with the best wishes, we mark the
      register for another exiting and successful year in the world of Private
      Investigators.

      > Please contact us if you need any assistance in Nigeria, Ghana,
      Togo, Benin Republic, Niger, Congo, Congo Libreville, Cameroon, Ivory Coast,
      Liberia and other African Countries.

      > Once again, I wish you a very successful and prosperous New Year in
      which I pray that you will live with good health, joy and grace.