57[infoguys-list] Re: Computer Program

  • Jan A. Lindsey
    Oct 19, 1998
      Duane W. Purdue wrote:

      > There's been a few requests for information and programs lately.
      > Well, I have one.
      > Is there any propram available that will accept entries for "name"
      > "address" "phone" "license plate #" etc. Naturally that exists. But
      > what program will flag those entries so that if one is entered again, it
      > will alert you. That may be a very valuable program over the long
      > term. It would let you know if you've worked a subject, worked at an
      > address, or ran a plate before. How many of us could use a program like
      > that ? ? ? ? ?
      >
      > Duane Purdue
      > Purdue Investigations
      > Auburn, Calif.

      You bet your license we all would. Of cource the only one were all
      familiar with is our formerly accessible NCIC.

      To have an internet data base for PI use similar to what you describe,
      all PIs must become aware of it and second, must make data entries. That
      kind of web page internet based would cost some real bucks to set up and
      make operational. I am aware of one company on the web that could
      accomplish such a task. Lets get some more input from others and see
      where it leads.

      JAL
      --
      Jan A. Lindsey