5018RE: [infoguys-list] Investigative Assignment: Delahoya v. Mosley; 9/13/03 READ THIS FIRST!!!

  • Rus B. Robison
    Aug 30, 2003
      Attention those new to this type of request. The original post on this
      subject is not doing you the big favor you may think they are. It sure
      sounds like a gigantic opportunity, but wait until you read the fine print.
      Being a member of the "fight police" is not as glamorous as advertised.

      Please note in advance that there is no guaranteed pay for your efforts,
      although the people who are asking you to police their event are making
      millions of dollars. You only get paid if you find an illegal commercial
      establishment showing the event without authorization. You can have as many
      people as you like being paid on your payroll, running up mileage and
      drinking a bunch of whiskey at your expense, while you may receive
      absolutely nothing. But, the promoter is still getting paid.

      Very very few commercial establishments risk being caught on these deals any
      more, so you may have a better chance at your local lottery. You can spends
      h o u r s getting ready for a one round fight and it's over before
      you get in the door of the whiskey parlor. Then, who gets paid? Everyone
      but the investigators.

      But, as I said earlier, the people knocking down millions of dollars are
      getting your services for free to guarantee that they make every dollar
      possible. Does this sound fair and reasonable to you?

      Not me.

      Someone needs to explain to these good folks that we are entitled to be paid
      for the work we do but not on a very limited contingent fee basis.

      Who else in this food chain is working for free?

      The security people, no.

      The pay-per-view television production company, no.

      The advertising agency, or agencies, no.

      Are they getting the fight sight for free, no.

      I cannot think of one other set of professionals who are "donating" their
      time while the fat cats just get fatter.

      Anyone else who shares my view, or opposing views for that matter, is
      encouraged to step up and make your voices heard. Perhaps if the ban
      together and say we are not working for free to make everyone else rich, the
      tide will turn and level the playing field.

      If you are one who is determined to work for free, please provide me with
      your contact information and I am certain I can find a way to occupy all of
      your available time.

      With best regards, I remain...

      Very truly yours,
      RUS B. ROBISON AND ASSOCIATES, INC.
      PRIVATE INVESTIGATORS

      Rus B. Robison

      Rus B. Robison and Associates, Inc.
      Private Investigators
      Post Office Box 720560
      Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 73172-0560
      (405) 721-2295 Voice
      (877) 721-2295 Toll-Free

      rbr@...

      Oklahoma's FIRST State Licensed Private Investigation Agency.

      Serving all of Oklahoma and the great Southwest since 1972.