19506Last-minute details for the Thursday walking tour of L.A. Civic Center - AND - pre-tour briefing tonight.

  • Don Ray
    Jun 18 11:37 AM

      Briefing tonight --- tours Thursday and Friday.

      To those who ex pr essed an interest in the daylong walking tour/lecture of L.A. Civic Center and the public records available there . . .

      We’re still meeting at 8 a.m. tomorrow, Thursday, outside the Hill Street entrance to the Kenneth Hahn Hall of Administration. It’s just south of the corner of Temple and Hill streets.

      This evening, however, I’ll be available for a pr e-tour briefing and public records lesson. We’ll meet at 7 p.m. at:

      Big Boy Restaurant
      8274 Sunland Blvd
      Los Angeles , CA 91352

      It’s as easy as pie (delicious pies, by the way) to find. Just exit the I-5 Golden State Freeway at the Sunland Blvd. Bob’s is just south of the freeway on the east side of Sunland Blvd. If you don’t see me, call my cell phone at (760) 900-1735. I don’t do text messages that well.

      I’ll be telling you how the public records system works with regard to researching real estate records at the assessor’s office and the recorder’s office. We’ll be visiting two of the assessor’s key offices on Thursday morning. If you have a copy of my book, Diggin’ Up Gold on the Old Paper Trail: A Workbook for Investigatin’ Folks, please bring it with you tonight, tomorrow and Friday if you attend any or all of the meetings.

      The tour tomorrow, Thursday, will wrap up at around 4 p.m. either at City Hall or at the Edward R. Roybal Federal Building and U.S. Courthouse at 255 East Temple Street . Be sure to bring sunscreen, a hat or an umbrella. We’ll be doing some walking outside. Also, please bring at least eight quarters so that we can jump on the DASH busses when necessary.

      Oh, and don’t bring any tape recorders or stuff the security people will think you can use as a weapon. We’ll be going through as many five metal detectors.

      Friday’s tour will be at the offices of the L.A. County Registrar/Recorder/Clerk in Norwalk . We’ll meet at 8 a.m. in front of the building at 12400 Imperial Hwy , Norwalk , CA 90650 . If you’re coming, leave home very, very early. The Imperial Highway exit from the I-5 is closed for construction. Instead, I suggest you use the Norwalk Blvd. exit. Turn left on Norwalk Blvd. , go under the freeway and then turn right at the first signal, Civic Center Drive . At the second signal, Volunteer Ave. , turn left. Then turn right into the last driveway just before you would reach the signal at Imperial Highway . Park anywhere for free.

      If you’re running late to any of the three events, please call me at (760) 900-1735.

      Here are links that pr ovide more details:

      http://3rdthursday.wordpress.com/

      http://forensicfridays.wordpress.com/2014/06/18/friday-june-20th-morning-tour-and-lecture-at-the-l-a-county-registrarrecorderclerks-office-in-norwalk-ca/

      I look forward to seeing you. If you can’t make any of these events this week, I pr omise I’ll keep you posted when I schedule other meetings.

      Thanks.

      Don Ray

      Don Ray

      (818) 237-3728

      Click here for my sometimes silly and sometimes awesome blog:
      http://donrayadventures.blogspot.com