19341Re: [infoguys-list] It's obvious that CO needs licensing

  • oracleintl
    Feb 11, 2014
      It is not my intention to address the general issue of licensing, or the particular issue that has been referenced here.  Instead, I want to address a narrowly defined issue that may not pertain to most.

      If you find yourself working cases domestically or (especially) internationally, a license can open a lot of doors.  I have found that international authorities treat US Private Investigators however they choose to treat them, on a case by case basis.

      While I CERTAINLY DO NOT recommend "flashing" a badge, when asked for credentials by international authorities, a professional case with a legitimate badge (assuming your licensing authority allows it) and state issued credentials actually can mean something - in many cases, quite a lot.

      Just sharing a thought based on significant international experience.

      Bill E. Branscum, Investigator
      Oracle International
      Naples, FL 34101
      (239) 304-1639 V
      (239) 641-6782 C
      www.FraudsAndScams.com

      In a message dated 2/10/2014 7:13:44 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, rmriinc@... writes:

      Sue,

      All true, and I have said the exact same thing before; a million times..

      I am not against LICENSING; believe it or not.

      I am against BULLSHIT LICENSING! What I have found is that states put up the buzz word “Consumer Protection”  to justify getting the tax payers to pay more money for much of nothing.

      You want REAL, EFFECTIVE Licensing?

      What about psychological exams for people applying for Private Investigator’s Licenses, so they don’t:

      (1) Come to each other’s house at 2:30 am after one has threatened to kill the other?

      (2) Flash their genitals all over the Instant Messenger, like a raincoat flasher?

      Think about those two incidents, and just exactly what people that do this things would do to the consumer!

      You want REAL, EFFECTIVE Licensing?

      What about individual certifications for specialty skilled investigations, like Digital Forensics and Forensic Accounting so Private Investigators don’t open up shop without even knowing how to turn a computer on or balance a checkbook, so they don’t:

      (1) Get some poor, innocent schmuck accused of possession of child pornography sent to prison for 10 years and put on a sex offender’s list for the rest of his life?

      (2) Get some poor executive that has worked all of his life to rise through the ranks at a large corporation fired for a theft he did not commit?

      This other “crap” we are discussing, does not protect the consumer; it gives some “Hillbilly PI Board” cause to screw with the unpopular guy they don’t like.

      Ricky Gurley.

      RMRI, LLC.

      On Feb 10, 2014, at 5:04 PM, suesarkis@... wrote:

      Let's try this again.  I agree wholeheartedly that licensing should never have anything to do with who's lying against a colleague or any of the other CRAP things you listed.  That's not what licensing is about.  Licensing is to protect the CONSUMER from unscrupulous and/or inept, incompetent investigators !  Plain and simple.  We have people's lives in our hands.  We have people's life savings in our hands. We have people's liberty in our hands.  We have people's futures in our hand.  It's the least we can do.

      Sue

      In a message dated 2/10/2014 12:56:53 P.M. Pacific Standard Time, rmriinc@... writes:

      Here is what I am saying.... Simply put.. Bullshit allegations of libel, and who did not pay who, and who wore a red shirt on a green shirt day, and all of the other CRAP reasons that one can think of to justify spending more money on licensing, is just that; CRAP!

      We are already over-regulated to death!

      Ricky B. Gurley.

      RMRI, LLC.

    • Show all 13 messages in this topic