19296Verifying Security Company License in PA

  • ssplus2
    Jan 21, 2014

      A colleague approached me asking how to verify if a company is licensed to operate in the state of Pennsylvania.

      The situation is as follows:  A Pipeline Company (for the gas industry) out of Wisconsin has sub-contracted a Texas owned Security Company, for work being conducted in Pennsylvania.

      What is the legality of this?

      From what we are finding a company can operate no longer than 90 days in PA without a license. An exception being if the security company is owned by a power company, this one is not it is as I stated a sub-contractor.

      What is the most efficient way of doing a license search n PA? Does it have to be done county by county?

      Any assistance /suggestions would be appreciated.

      Matthew Pat Whalen - 570-418-0557
      CSI (Comprehensive Security & Investigations)
      PO Box 221, Lawrenceville, PA 16929
      PA Lic, Tioga County
      mpwhalen@...
      Web: http://www.securesolutions.us